Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja (9305 Views)

Customs Officers Attacked By Smugglers In Ogun State / Smugglers Caught By Customs Officers In Oyo State Recently (Photos) / 2 Female Drug Traffickers Arrested In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by r231(m): 4:27am On Jul 31, 2012
Two of the suspects concealed meth in their underwear and wigs, while a third ingested cocaine
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), on Thursday, disclosed that it recently arrested three suspected female drug traffickers for smuggling 4.5kg of narcotics in their underwear and wigs.

A statement signed by the agency's Head of Public Affairs, Ofoyeju Mitchell, revealed that all three suspects were apprehended at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA), Abuja, last weekend.

The suspects are: Anene Iruoma, 26; Obiakor Okwudili, 34; and Ms. Mbechi Susan, 38.

According to Mitchell, Anene and Obiakor, who were on their way to Malaysia, were caught with 3.6kg of methamphetamines neatly hidden in customised underwear and wigs.

The third suspect, Mbechi, who had claimed to be three months pregnant, was found to have ingested 900 grammes of substance that tested positive for cocaine.

The agency's commander at the Abuja Airport, Hamisu Lawan, said the drugs were detected during routine screening of passengers, adding that the suspects had been "co-operating with narcotic officials in the investigation."

Mbechi was said to have been arrested on her way from Sao-Paulo, Brazil, with the aid of scanning machines.

"Mbechi, who claimed to be three months pregnant, later excreted 51 pellets of cocaine weighing 900 grammes," he stated.

In his reaction, the NDLEA Chairman, Ahmadu Giade, said the Agency would provide an enabling environment for a strong and sustainable drug control institution in the country.

“Drug trafficking is criminal and as security managers we have a responsibility to provide the enabling environment for officers and stakeholders to give their best in addressing the drug problem," he stated.

"These and subsequent arrests and drug seizures will further discourage potential drug traffickers that they will caught and prosecuted."

According to the statement, the suspects, who will soon be charged to court, face a 15-year sentence under the NDLEA Act.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/ndlea-arrests-female-drug-smugglers
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
Why I'm I not surprised.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by ismhab(m): 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
ARE THEY NIGERIAN OR .....

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by onandon: 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
undecided

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by Nightshift(m): 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
Hopefully "ethnic snipers " will not turn this to a war front.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by tunnytox(m): 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
They want to smuggle drugs to Malasia of all places! These drug mule will never learn!
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by Jimatex(m): 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
any which way na way.thats naija for u
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by ebamma(m): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2012
this girls are not nigerians,the are biafrans

9 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by ifihearam: 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2012
All na Ibo people oooo
IGBO KWENU
KWEZE NU OOOOOOO

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by betterbest: 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2012
Goverment should provide job for people. idle hand is devil's workshop....people living in abject poverty hd no other option dan to survive,they'll look for any means possible.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by boyendowed(m): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2012
I knew it.It's only when the suspects have Igbo sounding names that the moderators and that tribalist mukina 2 will deem it fit to put on front page.I can bet that if the suspects were non Igbos,this wouldn't have made the front page.I am out of this thread

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by McAdem: 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2012
onandon: I wasn't interested in reading the story, only looked out for their names..Hmmm.. No further comments..

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by nagoma(m): 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2012
These Aboki women criminals. They too greedy , can do anything for money. Na wah fo Aboki dem!

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by gramci: 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2012
Victimless crime
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by Amdoyin(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2012
Abeeeg, pack one side jooor. No be new tin 4 naija say person carry drugs.. Afterall they nid 2 make an end meet..it has become a game 4d survival of fittiest.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by Clemzy16(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2012
Na who go check their panties. Male or Female. Just wondering o........

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by Clemzy16(m): 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
nagoma: These Aboki women criminals. They too greedy , can do anything for money. Na wah fo Aboki dem!
Did You Even Read Before Commenting
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2012
As usual,Omo Igbo...I throw Salute ooo

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
HERE IS ONE OF THE RECRUITERS,PLS ARE YOU IN THE SAME CLICHE WITH BABA SUWE...?
Amdoyin: Abeeeg, pack one side jooor. No be new tin 4 naija say person carry drugs.. Afterall they nid 2 make an end meet..it has become a game 4d survival of fittiest.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by lacasa: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
nagoma: These Aboki women criminals. They too greedy , can do anything for money. Na wah fo Aboki dem!

Aboki

R u alryt

Did u smoke dat ting again undecided
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by ismhab(m): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
Clemzy16: Na who go check their panties. Male or Female. Just wondering o........
SHE.MALE.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by tunnytox(m): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
gramci: Victimless crime

Are you for real ? undecided
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by MMM2(m): 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2012
Na small thing
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by lacasa: 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ɣ am i not suprised? undecided

Easterners anϑ drug-smuggling lipsrsealed

Dnt they get tired of givin us (Nigerians) a bad name both home n abroad undecided

Mtcheeeeeu!! angry

NDLEA, Hang them! 4 dia crimes jorgrin

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2012
boyendowed: I knew it.It's only when the suspects have Igbo sounding names that the moderators and that tribalist mukina 2 will deem it fit to put on front page.I can bet that if the suspects were non Igbos,this wouldn't have made the front page.I am out of this thread
Go to the crime section and see a lot of crime topics but they never make it to the frontpage. Guess why? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by BinghiNya(m): 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2012
Christianity and drug trafickking. Is Biafra another colombia
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
na waoh, even a pregnant woman ingested cocaine.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by cindyrella(f): 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
Well I am not surprise.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by BinghiNya(m): 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
Christianity and drugs smuggling na wa o. Igbo kwenu ya
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by BinghiNya(m): 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2012
Christianity and drugs smuggling na wa o.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by BinghiNya(m): 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
Igbo kwenu ya kwezeonu
Re: NDLEA Arrests Female Drug Smugglers In Abuja by Barthx(m): 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2012
BinghiNya: Christianity and drugs smuggling na wa o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blackaxe And Eiye In Abeokuta Enter Night Bus And Travel Immediately - PHOTOS / My Neighbor Seduced My Wife: Now I'm Plotting To Murder Him. / Man Slits Own Throat Over N800,000 Debt In Ogoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.