Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Buying A Car: 12 Mistakes To Avoid - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Buying A Car: 12 Mistakes To Avoid (17646 Views)

Top 20 Used Cars To Avoid / Pictures Of A Car Made In Calabar / How To Avoid Buying A Flooded Car From The US? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying A Car: 12 Mistakes To Avoid by phildon: 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2012
Blackteeth: Anybody with common sense should know all these.
But common sense is no longer common, as demonstrated by some peaple in nairaland and Nigeria generally.
Re: Buying A Car: 12 Mistakes To Avoid by Sike(m): 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2012
Noted.

1 Like

Re: Buying A Car: 12 Mistakes To Avoid by stEngima: 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2012
@greatken007
I will not want to join issues with you on trivial matters here. Just a small advice for you; always focus on the topic at hand and not on personalities.
Anything else is a display of crass immaturity... It is a big responsibility to bear a name like great.... Live up that name, man.
I will not say more on this.
Re: Buying A Car: 12 Mistakes To Avoid by etchel(m): 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2012
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: Buying A Car: 12 Mistakes To Avoid by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2012
Go for a 2012 model Keke Napep, the type that Mr. President drives.

patuwa2: OP, what kind of car will you suggest for me, that I will be able to maintain, because am doing my postgraduate full time in Benin and am working in Warri? Thanks
Re: Buying A Car: 12 Mistakes To Avoid by Toks2008(m): 7:39am On Aug 02, 2012
This is indeed an insightful topic that every prospective car buyer should take into cognizance.

Especially this aspect:

Mistake 7: Blowing the budget
You’ve done your research. You’ve arranged for financing. You’ve assessed your needs. Then, you go to the dealership and get talked into a car that
costs way more than you’ve budgeted for. Stick to your budget, make sure that you can afford the car that you’re buying, and avoid buyer’s remorse. (Forbes.com)

Many Nigerians see car as Luxury and not a necessity but its the other way round.Some Nigerians buy cars to impress their peers thereby using all their life savings to acquire a car.

Car Manufacturers all over the world have seen Nigerians as show off people so they build very expensive cars that even their presidents can't afford just for a money bag in Nigeria to have it booked even before the release date.

BUY A CAR THAT IS AFFORDABLE AND DURABLE WITH LOW COST MAINTENANCE AND BE HAPPY.

Whether its a Peugeot 504 or even old beetle you can afford, buy it and be OK. Lets stop this show off mentality.

If you have N450k/N600k come with me to Retis in Benin rep and you will be sure to have a very lovely car right at your door step withing 3 days after purchase.call 08023146046

https://www.nairaland.com/135307/this-getting-outrageous-enough-enough/2#11640923
Re: Buying A Car: 12 Mistakes To Avoid by poik(m): 9:53am On Sep 19, 2014
Fine writeup OP,
Some don't apply to naija car buying sha.
Imagine a naija sharp guy indulging in finance and insurance before buying a car!
By the way, it is what you recognise and prepare for that actually comes your way.
Since the insurance matter is outrageous and unreliable here, we insure it divinely! And- the results are there for all to see!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Negotiating Car Price With A Dealer: Top Tips To Know / Nigerian Made Car / 5 Important Car Tips For The Rainy Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.