Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,092 members, 7,838,755 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. (8621 Views)

What's D Cost Of Brand New Nokia E7 & C7? / Very Urgent;current Price For Nokia C7 And N8 Please! / All Symbian ^3 Apps And Games Here(n8,c7,e7,etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
*I said this a million and one times, just because u dont use a feature doesnt mean others dont. u prefer a very bright dual led flash to an FM radio, hear urself out, when other phones are even Having Xenon flash.. Chineke meh! Oluwa o!! grin

jedisco:
Upgradeability- you must be joking
right? Its just like a galaxy s user
porting jb over and expecting thesame
experience as that on SIII (when
released). I've never used a cfw on my
phone as it just makes it unstable. The only time I tried, I regretted it and had
to reflash it with the original firmware. Moreover, how many people even
bother to hack their phones talkless of downloading very large files just to flash it? So your attempt concerning leaked fp1 does not count for me.
Lol. Bro this is why I say u need som practicals. There is a big difference between porting an OS meant for anoda device and downloading a LEAKED OS for your own device. When nokia are done with making a firmware but hasnt decided a date for its release & it appears on Navifirm. This is termed LEAK! now use ur IQ to differenciate that between porting a difference OS over another. I dont blame u as well, your first OS update was FP1, just 40mb, otherwise u should know Upgrading from one OS to the other means downloading a huge data. The only difference is Nokia suite is automatic while flashing is manual, they use dsame huge downloaded firmware data. At least The manual one comes in a zip achive so u download less amount of data when u do it manually. U need to be flogged makin dat statement with your said experience concernin smartphones grin U are more of a basic user who claims to know all just because he reads so much blogs without even puttin dem to practise. Quote me wrong, YOU HAVE NEVER USED A CFW SO WHY THE LIES?, u dont even have the balls to do it, be sincere. grin grin

*fighting SNIPERWOLF over N8 & RAM being laggy makes me laugh more cos u seem desperate. I think i said this previously that N8 isnt as laggy as u wanna believe. i did use 701 for few months before letting it go for another phone now, As a computer sc. I focused on Programmin,at least i should know somethin about RAM at least abi?? now why didnt i let go of the N8 instead if it lags so much compared to 701?? so Cool ur Restless A** down Uncle Jedi grin

Just because someone referred to this thread as a link for another person during an arguement doesnt mean it could serve as a good point like a picture, video or personal test. Just try puttin more of this things into practise before arguement kk. One luv, Uncle Jedi-701! grin
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by loyet: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONES REPLY.A FRIEND SENT NOKIA E7 BUT MY PROBLEM IS THAT THE PHONE INTERNET AND SOCIAL (THEY CALLED IT INTRANET)IS NOT CONNECTING EVEN WEN I SAVED THE SETTINGS FROM MTN. THE FACEBOOK AND 2G0 I DOWNLOADED ON THE PHONE ARE NOT CONNECTING;IT KEEP TELLING ME CONNECTION UNAVAILABLE'. PLS SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME ON HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. AM USING MTN ON THE PHONE;ONLY THE WEB IS BROWSING;
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 1:44am On Sep 02, 2012
^^^
Go back to standby (Homepage) mode on your phone. Place your finger on the topmost part of the screen and drag it all the way down, tap the Mobile data toggle ( 1st toggle by the left) to turn mobile data on, A Blue colour on the toggle shows mobile data connection is set to on. Do check below for screenshot. Enjoy.

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by Youngpo413: 9:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
temmy.m3:

Wheeew, bro i neva knew how much u loved your 701 until i saw this post, had to go scroll back up to see who the poster was. Hmmmm. U and 701 sha. Incredible smiley
Seriously u prefer a 701 screen to a C7?? What are u bro lol. u still feel good with a TFT screen in 2012? Why is dat old screen still used on High-End devices anyway..
I know u luv 701 & u ar used 2 it but u need to try out other Nokia belle devices apart from its good looks and its upgraded RAM compared to some old Nokia Belle devices. I sold mine 2wks ago though. I tell u 701 DOESNT POSSESS ANY ADVANTAGE OVER THE OTHER! Mind u the poster never mentioned 701 na...

@OP. It depends on what u really wanna be doing with your device. First, NEVER EVER CONSIDER BUYING AN EXPENSIVE PHONE WITH A TFT SCREEN if you wanna get a good quality of Movies, games and pictures and display generally.

what is the difference between tft,resistive and capacitative?
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by Youngpo413: 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2012
Visit gsmarena
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2012
temmy.m3:
@JEDISCO
hmmm, dunno what you really gain from repeatin yourself almost at every post. I Think i what i was explainin in detail concerning those 3 phones the poster requested, just because i mentioned Amoled's uniqueness to a TFT, u got upset, starting a fresh competition between N8 & 701. Can u give me one reason why this kinda arguement really needs to resurface? Nah Wah o!
U dont have to get yourself worked up man, ur latest posts really was more funnier than the first & here i could see u dont seem to understand some stuffs too. Don't worry i ll explain,

* dunno abt N86 & U have your reasons for regretting ever Using it, but surely it's not because of the screen so don't blame ur loss over an innocent screen.lol. Anyone has his/her choice of moving from different phones so ur moving from android, c7, 701, whateva is ur choice & none of my biz grin

*"ANY ADVANTAGE OLED has over TFT is taken care of by CBD lol. Are u kidding? Or u dont know what ClearBlack Display means? surely ur friend never has any C7 as u claimed.. That is why u dont know the visual difference between TFT & OLed. grin

* Dont get me wrong when i said u need to Test out some phones in order to know how far they could go. U can't judge how much u know a gadget with just reading blogs & Theories online without some real practical aspects. thats why u dont know the differences between screens & claiming CBD takes care of TFT's flaws grin

*The User Mentioned C7,E7 & N7 right? Tell me, what is N7 any smart individual should know what the user meant by N7.. Dnt cover it up bro, or hav u forgotten what u posted above at first? check it out...

*I dunno why u keep sayin N8 is ugly. if it looks that bad, then why do people keeps buying it without hiddin their ugly device in public.just because u dont fancy the design, does it really mean others don't? this is really senseless. haba grin

*Bro, Seems u dont really understand this Memory thin isuue. Let me try & Explain.
C: & E: are both phone memory, just a partition. 701 has 8gb on board memory, this 8gb is partitioned/Divided into 4 drives, C: (UDA) D: (RAM/Data management) E: (Mass Memory) ( Z: (ROFS/Flash Memory) . each of these drive partitions shares the same 8GB on the circuit board, C: & E: are the 2 user available storage partition, On 701, C: has 400mb disk space & E: has 6.3GB... while N8 has 250mb & 14.7GB on C: & E: respectively. Now use ur intelligence, Why should an N8 user who has 14.7GB space on E: worry about 250MB on C:? Unlike u, a 701 user who isnt so Happy using up ur 6.3GB and decided to impose anger on C: memory grin.
And again, only a Novice asks how to increase a C: memory, If u have really used a CFW, then u should know ALL NOKIA PREINSTALLED APPS GOES TO "C:" That is why u normally have almost half of the C: memory used up. This is why A new N8 originally has 125Mb free of 250mb memory on C: .. This only applies to Original Nokia firmwares cos on Custom Firmwares, U have about 210MB+ free space on N8 cos all preinstalled apps like (Maps, Social etc) have been moved to Z: which leaves more space on C:.. about 210+ Mb or more free space ! I believe CFW users can testify to that (CFW users where una dey, come testify o abeg.
I have nothing really on C: except for my antivirus, i only decided to put the leaked Nokia maps suite of 808 (about 53MB) on my C: so it wont just be useless, that drops my C: to 147MB from previous 201MB free (I ll gladly provide u screenshots if u want one ). This post really shows how much u really know nothing about CFWs as well as Memory divisions, at least now that u know why N8 default C: is 125Mb & How to get it up to 210MB, u can go reply those answering questions regarding how to increase their C: grin

UPGRADEABILITY.. As a matter of fact uncle, i dont joke, i cant remember the last time I used an Original firmware from Nokia except when i just wanna see its changelogs. Anna, Belle, Belle Fp1.. it has always been appearing on Navifirm, Google that if u dont know what it means. Spend 1 week with a cool CFW & tell me if u wanna go back to the original. I cant believe u, of all people could say CFW are unstable, with your rate of reading blogs.lol. this is why i say, Try Some Practical aspects of this stuffs beore u argue. there are so many makers of CFW, these guys makes this stuffs just for their own taste, u might use it & dislike it and say Hey! It is unstable, but why not make one urself to suit ur taste (at least a lil bit of software programmin and codin could help). U dont Use a CFW & u wanna compete with Android users.. Interesting smiley

*Now how does the picture looks Fake? Or is that not an N8 & your so called 701 screen with its maximum brightness abi u tie cloth for face? grin .. Which is more convincing? The comments people wrote on a blog or the Picture taken to indicate what is on discussion? Dont't fight it bro, u sound funnier when trying to argue with the picture. lol. not your first time though, i remember our discussion previously when i pasted A pic concernin N8 camera and Spiinin Fans and u refused to believe, not until some users testified with their own screenshots...so am not surprised. grin

At first I didn't want to reply you cos you began to sound childish but since the thread re-surfaced, let me give u a reply.

* The op was simply asking for advice on symbian phones. Show me where he mentioned N8 and I would delete all my posts on this thread.

* I will discuss the screen issue in my next post.

* I think you've forgotten that we're doing a comparison here and N8 remains the more ugly of the two. Its plain naive to say that any symbian phone is currently selling in sizeable numbers.

* Memory issue- I don't know why you put up all that stuff.
Everybody knows that the internal memory on both devices. But what I'm saying is how that memory is partitioned.
The Z: is irrelevant for this.
E: Although internal is mainly user and can be effectively supplemented for all uses by a memory card.
The issue is with C: I don't know what Nokia was thinking but to me its senseless to put 16GB on a device and just allot 256mb (125mb actually) to C: so users can easily run out of memory.

The C: memory is used by many apps esp Nokia apps for cache and other stuff.
Like I said, I had over 400mb when I bought my device but now its just over 100. I'm still wondering what I would havn done with 125mb.

So to circumvent this problem, you come up with the issue of soon CFW moving system apps to Z: which is the major reason why most of the CFWs with this feature have more bugs than advantages. But even after that you still have just over 200mb which is grossly inadequate than what I need. Mind you 701 also has CFWs that can give almost 600mb on C:
Its no brainer which is better.

* Upgradeability-
It seems you have decided not to see the truth.
Let me put things in perspective. Nokia belle was released with 701 last September, it wasn't until this year that it came to older devices which was just before the release of fp1 on 701. Last week older devices just got Belle refresh a trimmed down version of fp1. Funny enough, fp2 should be out this week or next which older devices are not going to get. So the only way of filling the gap for you guys is to resort to CFWs.

The fact is that you forget that the sole purpose of CFWs for older devices is to try and bring the feel of newer devices to them and also put some tweaks.

Now to the tiresome issue of flashing using a CFW. First you've got to download navifirm, phoenix and d rest. Then you download the OFW (as its senseless to try a CFW without having it). Then you download the CFW (where you have to download almost the whole firmware for those that move apps to Zsmiley. These all come up to over 800mb.
As if that is not enough, there is a very long and complex process ( http://forum.symbian-developers.net/flashing-tutorials-(updating-and-downgrading)/(tutorial)-flashing-c7e6e7x7c6-01-to-nokia-belle/ ) coupled with the certainty of bugs after the process, the risk of ending up with a bricked device and the fact that once you start using it, you most likely would need it for further upgrades.

Take a look at your beloved xeon and see the bugs associated with it http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=74870.0

So like I said, the issue of CFW on recent symbian handsets is senseless as there is absolutely nothing that I cannot get without flashing. Its only appeals to u so you can keep up with the pace.

SO SINCE YOU BELIEVE I'VE NOT USED A CFW, JUST LIST THOSE WONDERFUL THINGS I WOULD GET USING ANYONE THAT I CANNOT GET WITHOUT IT.

THE ISSUE OF CFW WILL ONLY BECOME USEFUL WHEN MY PHONE BECOMES TOO OLD TO MOVE WITH THE CURRENT VERSION OF SYMBIAN. For now its mainly for you guys.

Also why not try mentioning most of those your wonderful CFWs and I will show you atleast 20 pages mostly filled with user complaints.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Let me deal with the screen issue decisively.
The fact is that you use phantom devices and come and spew lies about their performance forgetting that there are millions of users around the world. (remember when you said the audio out of your 701 was on the left, or that N8 has better battery life based on your experiment or that the fm transmitter of your 701 works for only less than 1m while that of N8 works for several metres. Curiously, just like this screen issue, you're the only one experiencing it.)

Facts
- N8 and C7 used AMOLED screens which offer better contrast.
- 701 has Nokia CBD which offers much better outdoor viewing and also aids the contrast when compared to other TFTs.
- 701 has the brightest screen on a smartphone.
- IPS TFT screens consume much less than AMOLEDs on white pages which gives better battery life especially when browsing.

Like I always do, I GIVE LINKS to prove my point which also come with users opinion.
This is a 1min 30 secs video comparing the two. Mind you it was done indoors where the AMOLEDs should have an advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9S4lwAnHrE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQ9S4lwAnHrE&gl=US
These are some screen shots from the video (I'm still wondering why they look so different from your phantom device)

The last is an outdoor screenshot where 701 still gives a good they cos of the CBD whereas C7 has made itself a mirror
N.B C7 is on the left in all pics

To further clear your doubts, look up other comparisons and videos that abound online. I've put up some which come with users opinion for u to check out.
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/13649_IPS_TFT_versus_AMOLED_Nokia_70.php

http://mynokiablog.com/2011/09/24/videos-nokia-c7-vs-nokia-701-ips-lcd-cb-vs-amoled/

http://lazure2./2011/12/18/the-leading-clearblack-display-technology-from-nokia/

FROM THE ABOVE, I CAN SAY THAT I WOULD TAKE THE SCREEN ON 701 OVER THAT ON N8 OR C7.

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2012
temmy.m3:
*I said this a million and one times, just because u dont use a feature doesnt mean others dont. u prefer a very bright dual led flash to an FM radio, hear urself out, when other phones are even Having Xenon flash.. Chineke meh! Oluwa o!! grin

Lol. Bro this is why I say u need som practicals. There is a big difference between porting an OS meant for anoda device and downloading a LEAKED OS for your own device. When nokia are done with making a firmware but hasnt decided a date for its release & it appears on Navifirm. This is termed LEAK! now use ur IQ to differenciate that between porting a difference OS over another. I dont blame u as well, your first OS update was FP1, just 40mb, otherwise u should know Upgrading from one OS to the other means downloading a huge data. The only difference is Nokia suite is automatic while flashing is manual, they use dsame huge downloaded firmware data. At least The manual one comes in a zip achive so u download less amount of data when u do it manually. U need to be flogged makin dat statement with your said experience concernin smartphones grin U are more of a basic user who claims to know all just because he reads so much blogs without even puttin dem to practise. Quote me wrong, YOU HAVE NEVER USED A CFW SO WHY THE LIES?, u dont even have the balls to do it, be sincere. grin grin

*fighting SNIPERWOLF over N8 & RAM being laggy makes me laugh more cos u seem desperate. I think i said this previously that N8 isnt as laggy as u wanna believe. i did use 701 for few months before letting it go for another phone now, As a computer sc. I focused on Programmin,at least i should know somethin about RAM at least abi?? now why didnt i let go of the N8 instead if it lags so much compared to 701?? so Cool ur Restless A** down Uncle Jedi grin

Just because someone referred to this thread as a link for another person during an arguement doesnt mean it could serve as a good point like a picture, video or personal test. Just try puttin more of this things into practise before arguement kk. One luv, Uncle Jedi-701! grin

The fact is that you revel in ignorance.
All the CFWs that have belle fp1 UI (before the release of refresh) did that by porting them over from the OFW of supported devices (701, 700 and 603)

SHOW ME A SINGLE WAY THAT I CAN DOWNLOAD BELLE FP1 FOR N8 AND OLD DEVICES FROM NAVIFIRM AND I WILL DELETE MY NAIRALAND USERNAME.

You're clearly ignorant of what you claim to know. Navifirm only releases the supported OFWs for a device. Trying to modify a higher version to work on a lower phone through the use of CFWs is what I call porting.

For what you're referring to as 'leak' this occurs when aspects of an unreleased firmware are leaked out (maybe if they briefly appear on navifirm or through whatever means). They are now ported over to existing devices.

The thing with me is that I don't use stuff in phantom. But whether you want to believe I've used a CFW or not is of no use to this.

Like I said, if the 701 you used had the characteristics you put above then its definitely not thesame phone I'm using. Atleast my audio out is not by the side.
Even 808 and 701 with top hardware for symbian cannot be described and being smoother than highend droids, iphone 4s or lumia 900.
So for a symbian device with 256mb ram and 687MHz processor to be described as being smooth means you've not used something better.

To prove my point like I've always done, here is a quote from this link. ( http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/14959_Nokia_701_vs_N8_Torpedo_vs_Gui.php )
"Whereas the N8 will be picked for its
camera, the 701 is a monster by Symbian
standards. To put it into perspective, the clunky
WRT-based Nokia Social loads from scratch in 3
seconds, Web loads in one second and All About Symbian loads in under ten seconds (c.f. 18
seconds on the N8). Effectively, everything on the
701 is almost twice as fast. Moving around the UI,
you get the feeling that if you could turn theme
effects off (you can't!) then everything would just
be 'instant'. The extra system RAM and GPU RAM make a
difference too, in edge cases where you're dealing
with a heavyweight game, heavy web pages or
manipulating large images. There's certainly no
question of running out of memory"

Mind you, nothing stops me from saying that I've used every smartphone in the world. Afterall, it can't be proved. POST WHAT YOU CAN PROVE.

1 Like

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by loyet: 11:07pm On Sep 03, 2012
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]@ TEMMY.M3 AND JEDISCO OR ANY OTHER PERSON THAT KNOWS IT SHOULD PLS DIRECT ME ON HOW TO CONNECT MY E7 SO THAT THE 2GO AND THE FACEBOOK I DOWNLOADED ON IT WILL BE CONNECTING. IT KEEP TELLING ME CONNECTING UNAVAILABLE.I HAVE SAVED THE SETTINGS FROM MTN STILL.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 11:47am On Sep 04, 2012
loyet: [b][/b][color=#990000][/color]@ TEMMY.M3 AND JEDISCO OR ANY OTHER PERSON THAT KNOWS IT SHOULD PLS DIRECT ME ON HOW TO CONNECT MY E7 SO THAT THE 2GO AND THE FACEBOOK I DOWNLOADED ON IT WILL BE CONNECTING. IT KEEP TELLING ME CONNECTING UNAVAILABLE.I HAVE SAVED THE SETTINGS FROM MTN STILL.

First can you browse with your phone browser? Or is it only limited to 2go and the official Facebook app (which are java apps)

If its happening to every app then you should check the drop down notification bar and make sure mobile data is on.
If it still continues, then go to settings>connectivity>settings>network destinations and delete all access points there (whether under internet, wap services or others).
Then save the access points (from the sms) again and when saving, accept them as default. Then go back to settings and make sure there is an access point under both internet and wap services. If there is none, move one there.

But if it only occurs with 2go and fb app (which I suspect) then after doing the above, go to settings>installations>already installed> then long press 2go and under suite settings change the network connection to default.
I believe these should work for you.

Also, I think some apps like gravity and fmobi are much better for fb than the official java app.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 11:49am On Sep 04, 2012
loyet: [b][/b][color=#990000][/color]@ TEMMY.M3 AND JEDISCO OR ANY OTHER PERSON THAT KNOWS IT SHOULD PLS DIRECT ME ON HOW TO CONNECT MY E7 SO THAT THE 2GO AND THE FACEBOOK I DOWNLOADED ON IT WILL BE CONNECTING. IT KEEP TELLING ME CONNECTING UNAVAILABLE.I HAVE SAVED THE SETTINGS FROM MTN STILL.

First can you browse with your phone browser? Or is it only limited to 2go and the official Facebook app (which are java apps)

If its happening to every app then you should check the drop down notification bar and make sure mobile data is on.
If it still continues, then go to settings>connectivity>settings>network destinations and delete all access points there (whether under internet, wap services or others).
Then save the access points (from the sms) again and when saving, accept them as default. Then go back to settings and make sure there is an access point under both internet and wap services. If there is none, move one there.

But if it only occurs with 2go and fb app (which I suspect) then after doing the above, go to settings>installations>already installed> then long press 2go and under suite settings change the network connection to default.
I believe these should work for you.

Also, I think some apps like gravity and fmobi are much better for fb than the official java app.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2012
JEDISCO

U amaze most times reading your replies. by the way i dont know why i still argue over a device i no longer use. guess this ll be my last argument over symbian brands
*Honestly, u are beginning to put your own Label and signature into the topic, now the user is asking for advices ON SYMBIAN PHONES why bro why? well, Maybe u should provide us a supported link of an N7 for us, or maybe the user meant 701 instead of N7 right I gave the OP a full comparison at the 1st page though, if u v got problem with that, u can paste yours k

*Dunno ur issue concerning ugliness of a device. i chose a GS2 over HTC sensation last wk Saturday, yeah HTC was more prettier and it feels good in my hands but i preferred Samsung anyway, i go with features and not the body. & just because u don't like a design doesn't mean others won't. it is called CHOICE

* I did explained The Memory stuff cos u don't seem to get a clue of what it means. I say it again. C: and E: are just a partition created on the same memory circuit, they are both system memory, U can always change the default memory dump file & Cache data location from C to E on a CFW. I say it again, i have 146MB free ( After porting the MAP suite for 808 and installing antivirus) on my C and it hasn't changed since i made my final CFW since April cos everything else run on E: by default (will include a screenshot) i have enough Memory on E so why bothered about C: If u are still confused of C: go back to my reply and read again, if u still don't get it, then u are dumb! Shoot Me Bro!!

* I see u have a lot to learn concerning firmwares, be it costumed or Original. CFW has been in existence since S60v5 days. A firmware dat has been modified to meet your own taste and with no restrictions from Nokia.
flashing a firmware is just the same as connecting your Phone to a PC SUITE (that u already downloaded, like Phoenix) and downloading the huge firmware size of your device, the device goes into Flashmode, then the downloaded firmware is ported into the device. This is no different with manual flashing, U download Phoenix, Then donwload any firmware of your choice that you wish to port into the device (by either using Navifirm or downloading directly from the net). Any wise thinking human should know flashing manually is better and 100% safer than a PC suite update esp. back home in Naija, at least if there is an error, u can do it again with the same FW other than brick your phone with PC suite error and finally using the same phoenix to make it work. Don't blame u, ur first update was FP1, which was 40MB, u gonna understand what i mean when you get matured with updates in the future. and where did u get 800mb, i havnt seen any firmware pack more than 150-160mb.

* Your issues concerning xeon. This is kinda dumb bro. U should know by now, Nothing is perfect on earth. Millions of people complain about Nokia updates, be it Anna, Belle, belle FP1. i might make a firmware and make the default snapshot folder DCIM, u might wanted it to be in IMAGES, what happens if i release my firmware and u use it? U gonna open u water dropping mouth and tell me EH! HE HAS GOT A BUG IN HIS FIRMWARE!! Quite dumb, why not make one yourself if u don't like it? i do use my own firmware built the way i wanted it to be so am not complaining
Oh really? U u v got all without a CFW
Can u move your Browser cache default location to a different drive?
Can u change your default Bluetooth folder
What about changing your record length
Can u edit ur sysAp program , like adding a RESTART Prompt to the power key selection
Can u change the startup Animation/Tone as well as Shutdown Animation & Tones
Can u change your UI Acceleration settings to improve the phone UI or Battery performance?
Got your Radio or Screensaver in landscape?
Ur native music player displays lyrics or add more equalizer without the help of an installed software
There are 258 different commands in the 'BE9 folder and this has been set by default from Z, how many of this can u modify How many scriptinit hav u personalized? Abi make i continue? wink Uncle find somewhere siddown o.
How many of the above stuffs have u can u do with your basic Nokia Belle 701 feature pack 1 i guess not, that is if you know what most of them means. Thank God for Modders who decided to make stuffs like MIFBASEPATCHES so u can hav access to ur .mif files.

SCREEN.
It seems u have got some bug my dear friend, u have got problem adapting to changes. u are too fond of this 701 thingy. i told u times withouth number, go find someone with an Amoled screen and compare it with your 701. u read too much blogs without even putting what u think u know to a test. I cant even compare my new SuperAmoled baby's screen color with my Old N8, now u still talk about TFT screen, u should be comparing that to a CSTN screen. Go to computer village and Say, Hey TFT is better than AMOLED and see how dem go look u. i laugh in SWAHILI grin

Seems you hav got another bug of being forgetful, When i newly met u, i told u a friend has got one 701 which i normally try my hands on at my neighborhood, i did made a mistake thinking the earphone jack was at the side, not until i pasted on the forum, had to visit the guy that same evening to take a good closer look at the phone and i remember coming back to correct my statement without modifying my old post (Go back there and start reading again). i bought a fairly used 701 for not long after that cos the owner was getting an iphone. then we made a fresh argument. i remember mentioning in the forum that i ll be joining AIEROMON and moving to Droid, i did exchanged my 701 with HTC Desire S ( I mentioned this last month in on a thread) didn't like it much and decided to let go of both my God Forsaken HTC CHACHA & Desire S for a A GS2. i still have N8 for FM Transmission and Snaphots/Video.

Open your eyes man, i never said N8 was smoother than any Android or whateva.. What is wrong with U na bro i said N8 ISN'T AS LAGGY AS U MIGHT WANNA BELIEVE (at least for a symbian running device)! Scroll back up and read with your eyes open.

I'm done with argument as far as Symbian in concerned, i am more concerned about following droid's topic about Apps & Games. Maybe in few months i could start arguing GS2 over another phone..and i really wished i haven't commented on DROID vs SYMBIAN thread cos i have a different view already. Good luck with your 701 Uncle Jedi, see u at the other side in future

2 Likes

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2012
4peace: i pray to God this morning for you guys temmy & jedisco to get awof money and move on to another platform OS

Make una leave us nokia user alone we are tired of augument everytime symbian is mention on this forum.
This totally cracked me up. I dey follow you pray too o. These boiz too sabi. I no feel say na the same symbian I dey use o.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 10:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
@Temmy

Man you're getting annoying.
Just show me a single place where the op used N8 and I would do as I've said. If you can't, remain silent.
I posted my opinion on the first page just like I've done severally but you came and attacked me saying TFTs are trash forgetting that much better phones still use TFTs and that 701 has a better screen even than N8.

Like I've always said this is a comparison and 701 doesn't only look better but has better specs.

C: and E: are not just partitions. Why do u even think they were divided in the first place? Do you think its just to display alphabets? Mind you you cant change the cache for everything to E. Even while using a CFW some must still be on C:
But even if what you said is true, its senseless to go through all that just to get 146 mb when I can get 400mb and never worry about running out of memory. Like I've always said installing a CFW on a 701 phone is not worth it in anyway.

You can spare your misinformation about firmwares to your ignorant folk. Remember I'm still waiting for a link to belle fp1 for n8 on navifirm. Or have you forgotten??
So you expect any sensible person to rely on downloading the whole firmware from Navifirm or through PC suite when I can easily get the additions through an OTA update.
The hassles of Navifirm and phoenix should be left to you who has to use it to get a decent smartphone experience.
Man go back and check those your 175mb CFW and you would see they are not complete as you would have to add the remaining from the OFW. I've used a complete CFW and it was about 300mb. Now add the OFW and phoenix and you get the 800MB.

When I talk of bugs I'm not talking of trash. I'm talking of excessive battery drainage, too frequent restarts, wifi or Bluetooth on longer working, flash no longer working e.t.c. For me it was my excessive heating up and restarts and battery not lasting above 6 hours (and please don't mention battery saving patches) which a whole lot of people were also experiencing. Although the guy later updated the stuff but by then I had seen it was a total waste of time.

You should have known by by now that I'm someone who goes beyond the hype.
Its pathetic if your purpose of flashing with a CFW was to achieve those things as they can either be achieved without it or are utterly useless.
Like I said, the only useful thing I saw in a CFW was the ability for the phone to remain hacked even with a hard reset.
IF YOU STILL THINK THERE ARE STILL OTHER USEFUL ADVANTAGES, THEN BRING THEM ON BUT PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE DOING THAT COS YOU'RE CLEARLY LACKING IN THAT AREA.

You said that you did not own the phone was the reason why you mistook the location of the audio out. Was that also the reason why your little experiment regarding the battery life and fm transmitter has only been experienced by you??
Man stop this trash the fact is that you have never used a 701. You should start by getting to use one first.

What I said is that I consider N8 too laggy a device for me to use in 2012. If you think its smooth for you then thats
pathetic cos you definitely haven't used anything better as you claim.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
@temmy

SCREEN

Now let me give you a lecture cos you just exposed you ignorance.
But before I start let me make some stuff clear
- You should go back and check the difference between SuperAMOLED and AMOLED and see their differences in usage.
-Also tell me why the screen on htc one x is considered better than the superAMOLED on s3
-AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TELL ME WHY THE BEST SCREEN ON A PHONE NOW IS ON THE LUMIA 920 WHICH IS STILL LCD.

You need to know that AMOLED mainly affects one area of screen technology which is contrast and also brings alot of disadvantages. OEMs have found other means of getting good contrast on other LCDs thereby eliminating the cons of AMOLED.

Apart from contrast, there are a million other ways of affecting screen performance.

I never said I prefer TFT to AMOLED But I said I prefer the screen on 701 to that of N8. Just in thesame way 920 with LCD has a much better screen than superAMOLED on s3.
Just like I've always said this decision is based on my usage which I've proved so whether you believe it or not is inconsequential cos to you anybody that tries to show you the light has never used N8. How pathetic

AND remember I always give proof not depending on some delusional stuff than cannot be proven anywhere. Go back and take a look at those screen shots posted.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ok the poster didn't mention that right. oya give us the link to the third phone he mentioned.. N7.

Oga, na this mouth we see u for, Always ranting! especially when it comes to 701! Man where is your location? maybe i should bring u the devices and lets hope Ur own eyes go tell you the differences between screens. It just like Capacitive and Resistive touchscreens, U keep reading blogs, then u gonna get the history of Resistive been the best cos it has got 3 layers or whatever whereas when u test yourself, no one tells u before u know which is superb, Same goes with AD-54 & WH-701 Nokia earphones. U have got nothing to lose Comparing both in your hands and see which one is much better in display. but if u chose to go with TFT it is what u v got and no other choice, then good for you.

No 1 attacked u na, I only told the poster to go for Amoled other than TFT, just because 701 has the opposite screen, U start your regular ranting again..HABA

Cool down, i never said those Partitions were just letters, you are not blind, this is why i mentioned and explained C D E & Z partitions at the previous page, u said some were irrelevant, i ll try and explain again. Normally i ll put this on my topic on dailymobile but i ll put it here anyway,

C: memory is more like "system persist" partition of your Z: Most of the program files in ROM (Z memory) creates their executions in C (sys/bin) cos it needs a space for making an accessible memory dump, BE9 folder command content, Hash-check & temporary files for the phone to run successfully. This files takes up 20-30MB on scratch and nothing more. when u download a Nokia firmware (either original or costumed) U'll find out that UDA is the phone memory and it contains default apps (Social, Maps ,Adobe PDF etc). if u remove UDA before upgrade/Flashing, u ll find out your C memory is clean but the necessary running flies are copied from Read Only system memory (Z) to editable memory (C) which makes your C only 30MB in use. so u can install other needed apps in E, which is partitioned to hold Mass content. Now i think u can see the difference between C and E, and the reason why it is being partitioned that way. so even if my C was 1GB or 100MB, i don't care, all i needed enough space to hold system files, anything else i have them on E:

LMAO. Jedisco, i know ur type. the ones claim they know it all by reading everything they could come across on the net. i have a friend like u, he uses E65, but he could tell u what is happening on a galaxy S3. He prints out stuffs from GSMArena almost everyday and he could tell u d history of flashing a phone whereas he has neva seen phoenix, Cyclone or Jaf box. Na only mouth people like u dey. I'm gonna be frank with u. just because u spent most of your time on the internet looking for phone specs and reading every blog or download every software in NOkia store doesnt make u someone who goes beyond the hype! Trust Me. U are more like someone who watches his mates playing football outside from the window. sue me :-P

Symbian 3 platform is just too plain and simple in such a way that 256MB of RAM is enough to power it up for a STABLE performance. AND YES I STILL CONSIDER N8 WITH 256MB RAM STABLE ON A NOKIA BELLE OS in 2012!! if u v got problem with that, then sue me smiley Don't mistake yourself for an Android or Ios user man, i downloaded Asphalt 6 for Samsung .apk on Tuesday and before installing, i tried unpacking to know how the script init command was packaged compared to Belle version i had for my previous phone and i was like "waoh, this is impressive" . i can imagine why Nokia is moving into windows . I don't claim to be a guru or whatever man, i do love going beyond the basics and making something outta nothing, i have uploaded the screenshot to my own personal FW so keep mute about my purpose of flashing cos u know nothing. How do i expect u to know the goodies of CFW when your first s^3 mobile came with belle. How will u know how the size of a complete firmware? lol. Your 800mb firmware size is quite pathetic and Hilarious, I think others who has really seen and downloaded this can testify grin

You asked me to list the Advantages and reasons why i use a CFW, what about what i listed at my previous posts above?? or are u trying to dodge them grin JEDISCO, MENTION ONE SINGLE THING YOU HAVE DONE WITH YOUR DEFAULT 701 OUT OF THE 10+ STUFF I LISTED ABOVE! In addition bro, I have ALL MY WIDGETS IN SEMI-TRANSPARENT with Shadows. YES, ALL! (Could upload them if u want), How many of this widget do u have in transparent mode, Wait before u eat me raw, i know u hav installed some and changed som Mifs ( dat is if u have) but can u change That of the Embedded stuff requires some changes from their source and not just from Mif. like small calendar, Mail etc as well?
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 11:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
jedisco: @Temmy

You can spare your misinformation about firmwares to your ignorant folk. Remember I'm still waiting for a link to belle fp1 for n8 on navifirm. Or have you forgotten??
So you expect any sensible person to rely on downloading the whole firmware from Navifirm or through PC suite when I can easily get the additions through an OTA update.
The hassles of Navifirm and phoenix should be left to you who has to use it to get a decent smartphone experience.
Man go back and check those your 175mb CFW and you would see they are not complete as you would have to add the remaining from the OFW. I've used a complete CFW and it was about 300mb. Now add the OFW and phoenix and you get the 800MB.

You should have known by by now that I'm someone who goes beyond the hype.

**Laughing and rolling on the floor** This dude really needs flogging. Do u really have a clue of what Navifirm, Firmware or OTA Update means now with what u just wrote I shake my head for u grin grin and u claim to read blogs ooo, i don't blame u, u read websites and u Neva had an opportunity to practice what u read grin, jokes apart let me Enlighten u more

FIRMWARE. Are the program embedded into your ROM that makes that thing u are holding a phone!

NAVIFIRM is a nokia software used in downloading firmwares for any Nokia device manually and directly from nokia server

PC SUITE is... well if u don't know that, then stop using a phone.

OTA Update.. OVER THE AIR UPDATE, this is when u connect you phone to Nokia Suite and your firmware gets refreshed or refurbished, either partially or entirely

PHOENIX. Is a software used in writing Firmware files into the ROM

OFW. Original Firmware, are the ROM data for a particular phone, originally made by Nokia that has never been tampered with whatsover

CFW. are the ROM data originally made by Nokia which has been edited or modified for consumers pleasure or enjoyment

Now listen, when a new firmware is released, u can either upgrade manually or OTA using pc suite. The easiest is the PC suite which as well is kinda risky concerning the kinda network back home. U just connect your phone to the PC, click on Update, then Nokia suite starts downloading the OFW from Nokia Server, at this stage the ROM gets formatted and device goes into Test Mode (Flash Mode) until the OFW is downloaded and installed. Normally the PC suite doesnt support multiple Node to nokia server so it is just one time download all through. server timeout is 5-10sec, any slight hold in server connection leads to download reboot there by corrupting the position where the reboot started, now the Nokia suite either shows an error or quits updating. Congratulations! U have just bricked your phone!!

The 2nd Method is manual update. Here, u need to have the FW u wanna use ready plus your updating software. This is where Phoenix and OFW/CFW comes in. Instead of downloading the OFW via Nokia suite (OTA Update) u download it manually, either by searching on Google or by using NAVIFIRM. a complete NOKIA Firmware consists of 8 main files. CORE, APE-ONLY-ENO, ROFS2, ROFS3, UDA, SIGNATURE, DCP, VPL. All this files together are about 160MB in average, especially when packed in a Zip format (Which is quite lesser)

Now after downloading ur firmware, U put it in Phoenix, Connect your phone and Flash/Upgrade. in 3 min u are done. That is it!

Now tell me, isnt it gonna be a wise idea using the second method when u v got nothing to lose? after all if u brick ur phone at the first method, u r definitely gonna use the second method to make it work ever again. and where did u were u told that u ll have to download OFW before CFW or whatever? I shake my head for u undecided

Now lets talk about total and partial update. Total/Complete update involves changing the whole ROM contents with a later version, (Like S^3 to Anna or Anna to Belle) I know u haven't had any experience in this so that is why u felt a a complete firmware is 800MB. grin grin grin ..

Partial update just as the name sounds, involves some minimal changes to the Current OS version ROM drive (like BELLE FP1 and BELLE REFRESH) and not the Whole firmware. This is the kinda update u had. so i shouldn't expect u to know much about CFW or sizes for firmwares grin and by the way how many people has got time to waste making a CFW for a 701 anyways

CFW has been in existence ever since S60v5 days and now that u, a JJC has come to know about it, wont it be so silly and senseless for u to say it is created just for an old device to have the feel of the new ones U don't just guess bro and read blogs bro, it wont help u much. look at the trash u poured down above na, U need to try your hands and experience some stuffs.

Dude, go back to that blog where u read about the size of firmwares ( Cos am pretty sure u never used one) and read again.

A COMPLETE FIRMWARE at an average is 150MB ( About 100MB if u don't need the UDA, and usually the 8 files comes packed in Zip)
PHOENIX IS 120MB
NAVIFRM is 400KB (Not MB, Kilobyte)
Calculate that, How much Size did u get? grin and by the way, u should know that a device will never boot up without a complete firmware so keep mute o. ll put my own screenshot here from device manager, at least that indicates my knowing what am doin and not just reading blogs and digesting wrong info, like ya.

I CAN SEE TRULY, U ARE REALLY SOMEONE WHO GOES BEYOND THE HYPE grin grin grin

Where is AIEROMON o. come and see what someone is saying concerning Firmwares and Nokia update stuffs o grin grin grin grin

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 11:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
temmy.m3:
Ok the poster didn't mention that right. oya give us the link to the third phone he mentioned.. N7.

Oga, na this mouth we see u for, Always ranting! especially when it comes to 701! Man where is your location? maybe i should bring u the devices and lets hope Ur own eyes go tell you the differences between screens. It just like Capacitive and Resistive touchscreens, U keep reading blogs, then u gonna get the history of Resistive been the best cos it has got 3 layers or whatever whereas when u test yourself, no one tells u before u know which is superb, Same goes with AD-54 & WH-701 Nokia earphones. U have got nothing to lose Comparing both in your hands and see which one is much better in display. but if u chose to go with TFT it is what u v got and no other choice, then good for you.

No 1 attacked u na, I only told the poster to go for Amoled other than TFT, just because 701 has the opposite screen, U start your regular ranting again..HABA

Cool down, i never said those Partitions were just letters, you are not blind, this is why i mentioned and explained C D E & Z partitions at the previous page, u said some were irrelevant, i ll try and explain again. Normally i ll put this on my topic on dailymobile but i ll put it here anyway,

C: memory is more like "system persist" partition of your Z: Most of the program files in ROM (Z memory) creates their executions in C (sys/bin) cos it needs a space for making an accessible memory dump, BE9 folder command content, Hash-check & temporary files for the phone to run successfully. This files takes up 20-30MB on scratch and nothing more. when u download a Nokia firmware (either original or costumed) U'll find out that UDA is the phone memory and it contains default apps (Social, Maps ,Adobe PDF etc). if u remove UDA before upgrade/Flashing, u ll find out your C memory is clean but the necessary running flies are copied from Read Only system memory (Z) to editable memory (C) which makes your C only 30MB in use. so u can install other needed apps in E, which is partitioned to hold Mass content. Now i think u can see the difference between C and E, and the reason why it is being partitioned that way. so even if my C was 1GB or 100MB, i don't care, all i needed enough space to hold system files, anything else i have them on E:

LMAO. Jedisco, i know ur type. the ones claim they know it all by reading everything they could come across on the net. i have a friend like u, he uses E65, but he could tell u what is happening on a galaxy S3. He prints out stuffs from GSMArena almost everyday and he could tell u d history of flashing a phone whereas he has neva seen phoenix, Cyclone or Jaf box. Na only mouth people like u dey. I'm gonna be frank with u. just because u spent most of your time on the internet looking for phone specs and reading every blog or download every software in NOkia store doesnt make u someone who goes beyond the hype! Trust Me. U are more like someone who watches his mates playing football outside from the window. sue me :-P

Symbian 3 platform is just too plain and simple in such a way that 256MB of RAM is enough to power it up for a STABLE performance. AND YES I STILL CONSIDER N8 WITH 256MB RAM STABLE ON A NOKIA BELLE OS in 2012!! if u v got problem with that, then sue me smiley Don't mistake yourself for an Android or Ios user man, i downloaded Asphalt 6 for Samsung .apk on Tuesday and before installing, i tried unpacking to know how the script init command was packaged compared to Belle version i had for my previous phone and i was like "waoh, this is impressive" . i can imagine why Nokia is moving into windows . I don't claim to be a guru or whatever man, i do love going beyond the basics and making something outta nothing, i have uploaded the screenshot to my own personal FW so keep mute about my purpose of flashing cos u know nothing. How do i expect u to know the goodies of CFW when your first s^3 mobile came with belle. How will u know how the size of a complete firmware? lol. Your 800mb firmware size is quite pathetic and Hilarious, I think others who has really seen and downloaded this can testify grin

You asked me to list the Advantages and reasons why i use a CFW, what about what i listed at my previous posts above?? or are u trying to dodge them grin JEDISCO, MENTION ONE SINGLE THING YOU HAVE DONE WITH YOUR DEFAULT 701 OUT OF THE 10+ STUFF I LISTED ABOVE! In addition bro, I have ALL MY WIDGETS IN SEMI-TRANSPARENT with Shadows. YES, ALL! (Could upload them if u want), How many of this widget do u have in transparent mode, Wait before u eat me raw, i know u hav installed some and changed som Mifs ( dat is if u have) but can u change That of the Embedded stuff requires some changes from their source and not just from Mif. like small calendar, Mail etc as well?

Before I reply you, let me make something clear to you.
I don't go about shouting all the phone I've seen when its absolutely not important to a particular discussion. This is an online forum and anything that can only be proven in your house should remain there just like the much better battery life and fm transmitter of your N8.
Man millions of these phones are made and when you're the only person experiencing something out of over 4 million, its simply shows you're lying.

Even worse is the fact that you believe that you're the only one who has come across a Nokia phone. I've used (But not owned) Nokia C7 and N8 but you choose to believe its false and I really don't care. Thats pathetic! ITS JUST LIKE SOMEONE SAYING I'VE USED NOKIA 808 AND NOKIA N73 AND NOKIA N73 TAKES MUCH BETTER PICTURES. YOU WHO HAS USED EVERYTHING SHOULD PROVE YOUR CLAIMS. WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR YOU TO SAY THINGS OTHER PEOPLE APART FROM YOU EXPERIENCE.

You said you can never use a tft in 2012 and I said that I prefer the screen on 701 to that on N8. Then you came up with your false pics and I went ahead to give you several reviews and videos But as usual you throw them away in your delusion want me to believe false pics which only you have seen.
The problem with you is that you think the screen of a phone depends on only whether its AMOLED or not. THATS JUST AS STVPID AS SAYING A VW BEETLE IS A BETTER CAR THAN A PORSCHE COS IT HAS BETTER FUEL ECONOMY.
You don't take one aspect of a technology and base senseless claims on it.

AGAIN WHY NOT START BY TELLING ME WHY HTC ONE X HAS A BETTER SCREEN THAN THE SUPERAMOLED GALAXY SIII OR WHY A TFT PHONE- THE LUMIA 920 CURRENTLY HAS THE BEST SCREEN ON A MOBILE. Again pathetic reasoning? Keep up with your AMOLED delusion, people have moved on.

Again you come with a long and senseless explanation. WHAT I'M SAYING IS THAT THE 120MB THAT COMES WITH N8 IS FAR FROM ENOUGH FOR JUST HAS TO BE ON C: ITS SENSELESS IF I HAVE TO VOID MY WARRANTY AND INSTALL A CFW WITH A LOT OF BUGS AND ALSO WITH THE RISK OF BRICKING MY PHONE JUST TO GET EXTRA 45MB . I would rather go with something that has 400MB and be sure I would never run out on C: or need to do anything stvpid.

JUST LIKE I'VE SAID BEFORE, YOU'RE THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT BELIEVES WHAT YOU HAVE IS THE BEST AT EVERYTHING ONLY TO CHANGE SO QUICKLY WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING BETTER. Just like I've been frank with you, nothing stops me from saying I've owned E7, N8, C7, 700, 701, 603, 808, bla bla bla and when I'm asked to prove the simplest of my claims I go over the whole line of lies again. Can't you even see that its obvious you're either ignorant of lying. Its obvious from this thread that as far as understanding smartphones outside N8 is, you're lacking.

Hahahaha I couldn't stop laughing when I saw your 'stable' rant. Even java phones are stable. My old N73 and N86 were stable. HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY GS2 WAS SAID TO BE STABLE ONLY FOR THESAME PEOPLE TO START SAYING ITS LAGGY WHEN GS3 CAME OUT?
I used to believe that trash until the fp1 update that increased increased the processor speed from 1GHz to 1.3GHz came out and I couldn't believe how the speed of the phone dramatically increased with just 300MHZ. Now compare that to doubling the ram and processor speed.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY STABLE, BUT IF IT MEANS DOUBLE TIME FOR LOADING APPS OR DOING ABOUT ANYTHING ON THE PHONE (like I've rightly pointed out before) THAN ON 701 (which is fast but not up to par with the current trend), THEN ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT THAT IS NOT WHAT I CONSIDER STABLE AND I CAN'T USE THAT IN 2012.

You must have been to busy reading tutorials to think that the whole belle fp1 firmware is just 160MB. In my nature of providing proof, let me give you some. Belle fp2 leaked yesterday and its over 450MB ( http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=80225.15 ). Now add that to phoenix which is over 450MB. If I add Nokia suite, Navifirm and phoenix to it, it would well exceed 800MB- Again proof. However, I don't expect it to exceed 40MB MAX through an OTA update. Now thats just the OFW. If I add the CFW, it should exceed 1GB Why not do thesame for your OFW (Which is senseless not to have before flashing) and CFW.

Just like you rightly pointed out "you do love going
beyond the basics and making something out of
nothing". I on the other hand like knowing the benefits of what I'm about to do before starting out.
I WON'T USE A CFW JUST BECAUSE ITS POPULAR. I want to know what it offers.
Now to the stupid advantages you listed:
- Your widgets are semi-transparent?? WOW! YOU JUST WON AN AWARD FOR BEING SO NAIVE. I do not just have semi-transparent widgets, I use upto 5 different widget packs at once (like bluetooth transparent and radio black). Whats more, all I need do is copy, paste and restart not a stupid flashing process

Music player with lyrics- tell me the version of your music player that does that and I would tell you where it was got from and why I would be stvpid to use it. Also tell me how you get the lyrics to show and I would tell you there are much better and automated options available.

Browser cache to E: That was available as a tweak before you saw it on a CFW

"Bluetooth folder
, record length, edit ur sysAp program like adding a
RESTART Prompt to the power key selection
, startup Animation/Tone as well
as Shutdown Animation & Tones, acceleration settings to
improve the phone UI or Battery performance, radio or Screensaver in landscape"
Is that all?? Is that all??

I WAS EXPECTING BETTER TWEAKS LIKE THOSE I USE. BTW ALL THOSE WERE AVAILABLE AS PATCHES BEFORE YOU EVER SAW THEM ON A CFW. BETTER STILL, I DON'T NEED A FLASH TO USE THEM- JUST A RESTART. You should check daily mobiles for much better stuff.
What you fail to realise is that hackers make these patches or tweaks and release them to the public before firmware moders take them and use in making their firmware. So if I'm hungry for patches, I know where to belong.

"There are 258 different commands in the 'BE9
folder and this has been set by default from Z, how many of this can u modify How many scriptinit hav u personalized?"- ALL I can say is senseless, stvpid and foolish. So this is how you reason? Again how pathetic!

P.S When you reply, tell me what CFW you use so I can equally attach the associated bugs.

This is a screen shot. You're lucky I didn't restart my phone as I didn't think it was worth it. I would have shown u different mixes AGAIN WITHOUT FLASHING.

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2012
temmy.m3:

**Laughing and rolling on the floor** This dude really needs flogging. Do u really have a clue of what Navifirm, Firmware or OTA Update means now with what u just wrote I shake my head for u grin grin and u claim to read blogs ooo, i don't blame u, u read websites and u Neva had an opportunity to practice what u read grin, jokes apart let me Enlighten u more

FIRMWARE. Are the program embedded into your ROM that makes that thing u are holding a phone!

NAVIFIRM is a nokia software used in downloading firmwares for any Nokia device manually and directly from nokia server

PC SUITE is... well if u don't know that, then stop using a phone.

OTA Update.. OVER THE AIR UPDATE, this is when u connect you phone to Nokia Suite and your firmware gets refreshed or refurbished, either partially or entirely

PHOENIX. Is a software used in writing Firmware files into the ROM

OFW. Original Firmware, are the ROM data for a particular phone, originally made by Nokia that has never been tampered with whatsover

CFW. are the ROM data originally made by Nokia which has been edited or modified for consumers pleasure or enjoyment

Now listen, when a new firmware is released, u can either upgrade manually or OTA using pc suite. The easiest is the PC suite which as well is kinda risky concerning the kinda network back home. U just connect your phone to the PC, click on Update, then Nokia suite starts downloading the OFW from Nokia Server, at this stage the ROM gets formatted and device goes into Test Mode (Flash Mode) until the OFW is downloaded and installed. Normally the PC suite doesnt support multiple Node to nokia server so it is just one time download all through. server timeout is 5-10sec, any slight hold in server connection leads to download reboot there by corrupting the position where the reboot started, now the Nokia suite either shows an error or quits updating. Congratulations! U have just bricked your phone!!

The 2nd Method is manual update. Here, u need to have the FW u wanna use ready plus your updating software. This is where Phoenix and OFW/CFW comes in. Instead of downloading the OFW via Nokia suite (OTA Update) u download it manually, either by searching on Google or by using NAVIFIRM. a complete NOKIA Firmware consists of 8 main files. CORE, APE-ONLY-ENO, ROFS2, ROFS3, UDA, SIGNATURE, DCP, VPL. All this files together are about 160MB in average, especially when packed in a Zip format (Which is quite lesser)

Now after downloading ur firmware, U put it in Phoenix, Connect your phone and Flash/Upgrade. in 3 min u are done. That is it!

Now tell me, isnt it gonna be a wise idea using the second method when u v got nothing to lose? after all if u brick ur phone at the first method, u r definitely gonna use the second method to make it work ever again. and where did u were u told that u ll have to download OFW before CFW or whatever? I shake my head for u undecided

Now lets talk about total and partial update. Total/Complete update involves changing the whole ROM contents with a later version, (Like S^3 to Anna or Anna to Belle) I know u haven't had any experience in this so that is why u felt a a complete firmware is 800MB. grin grin grin ..

Partial update just as the name sounds, involves some minimal changes to the Current OS version ROM drive (like BELLE FP1 and BELLE REFRESH) and not the Whole firmware. This is the kinda update u had. so i shouldn't expect u to know much about CFW or sizes for firmwares grin and by the way how many people has got time to waste making a CFW for a 701 anyways

CFW has been in existence ever since S60v5 days and now that u, a JJC has come to know about it, wont it be so silly and senseless for u to say it is created just for an old device to have the feel of the new ones U don't just guess bro and read blogs bro, it wont help u much. look at the trash u poured down above na, U need to try your hands and experience some stuffs.

Dude, go back to that blog where u read about the size of firmwares ( Cos am pretty sure u never used one) and read again.

A COMPLETE FIRMWARE at an average is 150MB ( About 100MB if u don't need the UDA, and usually the 8 files comes packed in Zip)
PHOENIX IS 120MB
NAVIFRM is 400KB (Not MB, Kilobyte)
Calculate that, How much Size did u get? grin and by the way, u should know that a device will never boot up without a complete firmware so keep mute o. ll put my own screenshot here from device manager, at least that indicates my knowing what am doin and not just reading blogs and digesting wrong info, like ya.

I CAN SEE TRULY, U ARE REALLY SOMEONE WHO GOES BEYOND THE HYPE grin grin grin

Where is AIEROMON o. come and see what someone is saying concerning Firmwares and Nokia update stuffs o grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha
Like I said before, you think you're the only one who has flashed a phone. All this stuff you posted is just like spam
Well let me address your issues.

When I say OTA, I mean doing the update with a phone. If you want to extend it to doing it with pc suite then thats your ish.

I see that the lack of updates on N8 has really got you confused.

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY COMPARING OTA UPDATE WITH FLASHING?? With OTA all I do is check my sw update app for an update, or get a notification for the update. I download it while I do other things with my phone, if there is a connection problem, it stops. I can continue from thesame spot later (I stopped over 5 times with fp1). After this, the phone restarts and installs the update. THATS IT!!! All I have to do is make sure my battery is charged.
Another thing is that it NEVER exceeds 40MB. For fp1, it was just 21MB.
Now compare that to update via pc suite where the files are ridiculously large or WORSE STILL via phoenix where ending up with a bricked phone is quite easy. Its no brainer I don't use any

I have never seen anyone end up with a bricked phone after OTA from the phone. I can't count those I've seen with phoenix. I was almost a victim.

ALL YOU HAVE ABOUT TOTAL AND PARTIAL UPDATE IS UTTER TRASH. The update from Anna to Belle to Belle fp1 to fp2 is one and thesame process. They are just names that come with new stuff.
Its either I choose to do it via the phone which adds the new stuff to whats there and so is smaller or I go through pc suite or Navifirm which downloads the whole firmware again. At the end, I end up with thesame thing.

Its funny that someone who hasn't used an OFW before will be talking about it. Well you just show ignorance. Next time get a current phone so you can flow with the trend

THE OFW FOR FP2 APPEARED ON NAVIFIRM YESTERDAY AND ITS OVER 450MB. THAT OF FP1 IS ABOUT 400MB. IF I DECIDE TO DO IT VIA THE PHONE (WHICH DOWNLOADS THE ADDITIONAL STUFF) IT SHOULD BE LESS THAN 40MB AND AT THE END, IT GIVES THESAME THING. SO LET ME ASK YOU ARE THESE TOTAL OR PARTIAL UPDATES?? ?? ??

YOU CAN START BY TELLING US ABOUT YOUR 'FULL' UPDATE TO ANNA AND BELLE (WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY PHANTOM) AND HOW THEY DIFFER.

BTW I never said the firmware is 800MB. I said it requires over 800MB of files. More like 1GB.

And like I said in the smaller sized CFWs, you need to add the remaining files from the OFW before you flash.

And lest I forget, all this came up because you were saying that you don't need a CFW to get the belle FP1 experience. That all you need do is go to Navifirm and download it but that you don't use OFWs
So again I ask 'SHOW ME A SINGLE WAY THAT I CAN DOWNLOAD
BELLE FP1 FOR N8 AND OLD DEVICES FROM
NAVIFIRM AND I WILL DELETE MY NAIRALAND
USERNAME'

Man as far as symbian is concerned, you are blank and only sound intelligent to novices.

And Lastly the pic you posted shows how blank you are. You should have given that as one of the reasons to use a CFW that the CFW issue seems like a breakthrough for you. Well you need it to get a decent experience on your phone. To me its nothing.
To do that, ALL YOU NEED DO IS DOWNLOAD NOKIA COOKER, OPEN THE FIRMWARE, MAKE NECESSARY CHANGES TO TEXT FILES, CLOSE BACK THE FIRMWARE AND FLASH. THATS IT!- AGAIN NOTHING THAT INTERESTS ME.
I wonder what you would have been doing if you actually made those CFWs

The more you reply, the more you show me that as far as symbian is concerned, you just a one phone man.

P.S IF YOU'RE GOING TO REPLY ME DO IT WITH STUFF THAT CAN NOT ONLY BE PROVEN IN YOUR HEAD OR THIS MAY JUST BE MY LAST REPLY TO YOU MR USED IT ALL.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by bizzlemie(m): 12:57am On Sep 09, 2012
una don chop belleful sha.....
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jedisco:
Hahahaha
Like I said before, you think you're the only one who has flashed a phone. All this stuff you posted is just like spam
Well let me address your issues.

When I say OTA, I mean doing the update with a phone. If you want to extend it to doing it with pc suite then thats your ish.

I see that the lack of updates on N8 has really got you confused.

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY COMPARING OTA UPDATE WITH FLASHING?? With OTA all I do is check my sw update app for an update, or get a notification for the update. I download it while I do other things with my phone, if there is a connection problem, it stops. I can continue from thesame spot later (I stopped over 5 times with fp1). After this, the phone restarts and installs the update. THATS IT!!! All I have to do is make sure my battery is charged.
Another thing is that it NEVER exceeds 40MB. For fp1, it was just 21MB.
Now compare that to update via pc suite where the files are ridiculously large or WORSE STILL via phoenix where ending up with a bricked phone is quite easy. Its no brainer I don't use any

I have never seen anyone end up with a bricked phone after OTA from the phone. I can't count those I've seen with phoenix. I was almost a victim.

ALL YOU HAVE ABOUT TOTAL AND PARTIAL UPDATE IS UTTER TRASH. The update from Anna to Belle to Belle fp1 to fp2 is one and the same process. They are just names that come with new stuff.
Its either I choose to do it via the phone which adds the new stuff to whats there and so is smaller or I go through pc suite or Navifirm which downloads the whole firmware again. At the end, I end up with thesame thing.

Its funny that someone who hasn't used an OFW before will be talking about it. Well you just show ignorance. Next time get a current phone so you can flow with the trend

THE OFW FOR FP2 APPEARED ON NAVIFIRM YESTERDAY AND ITS OVER 450MB. THAT OF FP1 IS ABOUT 400MB. IF I DECIDE TO DO IT VIA THE PHONE (WHICH DOWNLOADS THE ADDITIONAL STUFF) IT SHOULD BE LESS THAN 40MB AND AT THE END, IT GIVES THESAME THING. SO LET ME ASK YOU ARE THESE TOTAL OR PARTIAL UPDATES?? ?? ??

YOU CAN START BY TELLING US ABOUT YOUR 'FULL' UPDATE TO ANNA AND BELLE (WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY PHANTOM) AND HOW THEY DIFFER.

BTW I never said the firmware is 800MB. I said it requires over 800MB of files. More like 1GB.

And like I said in the smaller sized CFWs, you need to add the remaining files from the OFW before you flash.

Can someone please come to this guy's aid. Where do i start your case from now
U neva used somthing, u felt u knew it all and u kept throwing #Gbagauns on the thread, i try to explain, u said my explanation was a long trash and wasn't needed, yet u still making the same error & u could boldly say someone is ignorant. Ok Am begging u. Listen again for God's sake, just take time and read me carefully

There have been 4 official released major updates for Symbian ^3 Devices, 2 of which is a full/complete updates which changes the whole device from the root. i.e changes to the whole version of the Symbian OS. This changes Affect the READ-ONLY-MEMORY (Z) folder which can't be accessed by any means except by a serviced tool Software. THIS MEANS YOU CAN NEVER UPGRADE TO THIS 2 FIRMWARE CHANGES WITHOUT THE USE OF "PC Suite updater driver or phoenix" otherwise the z: folder can never be accessible. Even if it shows on SW-UPDATE application on phone, u ll get the notification "PC IS REQUIRED".. This are Symbian ANNA & Nokia BELLE updates.

the last 2 update is BELLE FP1 & BELLE REFRESH
This is a partial update that are ported unto your current firmware version for improvement. it is registered in the device "Hash-Check" so it won't be removed or tampered with, even if u Hard Reset the phone. This can surely be done with the phone's built in SW UPDATE app (Unlike the first 2, Anna & Belle)so even if the update is just 20mb, u can always pause and resume, then Restart when it is done for changes to take effect

Now use your senses concerning "THE FIRST 2 UPDATES & FLASHING"
PC SUITE UPDATE & PHOENIX UPDATE
When both are ready for your upgrade, they automatically put the phone in TEST MODE (Flash mode) so the phone can stop using the Z folder for operation so as to modify the drive. The phone only boots up after a successful ROM (Z) Upgrade.

DIFFERENCES BTW PC SUITE & PHOENIX.
PC SUITE Detects your phone, Formats your Z: and starts downloading the Firmware for your ROM until it is done. U can be quite unfortunate with the network which will leads to disconnection from the server, and since you have an incomplete ROM, your phone no longer boots (BRICKED)

With Phoenix, just go on the net and download your firmware from NOKIA Server yourself (Via Navifirm or any means) then drag into phonenix and upgrade, which saves u the trouble of BRICKING, at least u have the firmware with you so no matter what happens, u can do it again.. and u can even modify this firmware to your own taste befor upgrade. don't forget if u brick via PC Suite, u ll come back to phoenix if your device ll ever boot up again.

Now tell me, MR GURU, which one wold u rather use?

Any Id*ot with a Nokia smartphone can Update a partial Update (Belle Fp1 and Belle REFRESH) which can be done via SW-UPDATE on the device itself. u own a 701 so automatically This is your first and only update u v ever gotten as of present, How will u know how a proper Upgrade is been done

If FP2 should be a "full ROM upgrade" then i will be waiting patiently for you to upgrade and make changes to your ROM via your device.. This shouldn't be an Argument, it will be released soon so we shall see, that is if its gonna be a major upgrade like that of ANNA& Belle and not a patch like FP1 & REFRESH. U feel me

That Reminds me, U asked me to tell u where to upgrade Nokia Belle FP1 for N8. Man this is so s*upid of u. it is like saying, TELL ME WHERE I CAN UPGRADE MY 701 WITH BELLE REFRESH AND I WILL DELETE MY ACCOUNT ON NAIRALAND. Does that makes sense Ode.

Wait Let me explain what u got on Navifirm to u. If u have a problem with your 701 booting up and the original FW on your device was BELLE. u cant boot with that no more cos u have upgraded once. the engineer will have to root you back to Scandinavia and then port u a fresh Belle FP1 from Navifirm. this is what the FW u just got was all about. Now tell me, Why will i download A whole FP1 Firmware when the Released patch for my current belle was 20MB and can be updated via the device? It is like saying. HEY, NOKIA JUST RELEASED BELLE REFRESH PATCH FOR MY CURRENT OS VERSION SO AM DOWNLOADING THE WHOLE FIRMWARE! How does that sound dude

U sound more like a Mor*on by saying i haven't used an OFW. I guess Nokia ported a CFW into my device when i bought it, or maybe i created my own modded version from your own OFW. How old are u bro

U have never seen anyone with a bricked phone via PC Suite cos u either ignorant or u just wanna make a statement here. This is more childish. Google is your friend, or flipped back pages of NOKIA BELLE IS HERE thread and see some.

Man u are not blind. Go back and read my post concerning the widgets, i ask u to provide me a screenshot of your Mail widget and small calendar widget, I never asked for your Ugly FM radio & Music player. not the ones u installed and changed the .mif background from resource. Am not stvpid. i have my reason for asking those ones. u either put those ones here or just stay mute.

YOur last statement about adding file from OFW was not funny, it was really annoying. U sound really sick. what is wrong with you what were the files u added when u used one as u claimed

Your accusations about me Lying, Posting fake test & fake pictures doesn't really bother me, i have known u for some time time now so its your normal behavior. Go back and check the pictures i posted and see how fake it was, maybe i was the one that manufactured both phones. this wouldn't be your first time making such accusations, u made it most times at our previous forum and the funniest one was the picture i took from an N8, u just refused to accept and claimed it was not true, not until u embarrassed yourself at the forum when others were busy testifying with their own shots. That really cracked me up till now, it simply means reading blogs aint enough to claim being good. u need to practice what u feel u know, otherwise u are just like an empty barrel, u know what they say about them right smiley

I don't claim being good at anything bro. Trust me, i don't claim what i don't own either and i do my own thing for my own satisfaction without troubling no one. i just created an account in 2007 to follow topics here until i installed a new windows OS that cleared my cache and i lost my first NL Account password. Decided to make a new one wanted to Comment on "Nokia Belle Is Here" and ever since i have been pasting some time wasting long messages, just to talk about some phones i don't even use anymore. I guess i have had enough of arguments from u as far as Symbian is concerned cos its no more funny, but rather Childish.. Battery,Time Consuming and abusive.
I'm really sorry if anyone feels i contributed to derailing the topic by useless arguments. Originally i have answered the OP's question by giving him a detailed explanation about the 3 phones he asked. so i think am done Here!

@OP
I hope u have got your favorite out of your 3 choices. Cheers!
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 1:08am On Sep 12, 2012
temmy.m3:

Can someone please come to this guy's aid. Where do i start your case from now
U neva used somthing, u felt u knew it all and u kept throwing #Gbagauns on the thread, i try to explain, u said my explanation was a long trash and wasn't needed, yet u still making the same error & u could boldly say someone is ignorant. Ok Am begging u. Listen again for God's sake, just take time and read me carefully

There have been 4 official released major updates for Symbian ^3 Devices, 2 of which is a full/complete updates which changes the whole device from the root. i.e changes to the whole version of the Symbian OS. This changes Affect the READ-ONLY-MEMORY (Z) folder which can't be accessed by any means except by a serviced tool Software. THIS MEANS YOU CAN NEVER UPGRADE TO THIS 2 FIRMWARE CHANGES WITHOUT THE USE OF "PC Suite updater driver or phoenix" otherwise the z: folder can never be accessible. Even if it shows on SW-UPDATE application on phone, u ll get the notification "PC IS REQUIRED".. This are Symbian ANNA & Nokia BELLE updates.

the last 2 update is BELLE FP1 & BELLE REFRESH
This is a partial update that are ported unto your current firmware version for improvement. it is registered in the device "Hash-Check" so it won't be removed or tampered with, even if u Hard Reset the phone. This can surely be done with the phone's built in SW UPDATE app (Unlike the first 2, Anna & Belle)so even if the update is just 20mb, u can always pause and resume, then Restart when it is done for changes to take effect

Now use your senses concerning "THE FIRST 2 UPDATES & FLASHING"
PC SUITE UPDATE & PHOENIX UPDATE
When both are ready for your upgrade, they automatically put the phone in TEST MODE (Flash mode) so the phone can stop using the Z folder for operation so as to modify the drive. The phone only boots up after a successful ROM (Z) Upgrade.

DIFFERENCES BTW PC SUITE & PHOENIX.
PC SUITE Detects your phone, Formats your Z: and starts downloading the Firmware for your ROM until it is done. U can be quite unfortunate with the network which will leads to disconnection from the server, and since you have an incomplete ROM, your phone no longer boots (BRICKED)

With Phoenix, just go on the net and download your firmware from NOKIA Server yourself (Via Navifirm or any means) then drag into phonenix and upgrade, which saves u the trouble of BRICKING, at least u have the firmware with you so no matter what happens, u can do it again.. and u can even modify this firmware to your own taste befor upgrade. don't forget if u brick via PC Suite, u ll come back to phoenix if your device ll ever boot up again.

Now tell me, MR GURU, which one wold u rather use?

Any Id*ot with a Nokia smartphone can Update a partial Update (Belle Fp1 and Belle REFRESH) which can be done via SW-UPDATE on the device itself. u own a 701 so automatically This is your first and only update u v ever gotten as of present, How will u know how a proper Upgrade is been done

If FP2 should be a "full ROM upgrade" then i will be waiting patiently for you to upgrade and make changes to your ROM via your device.. This shouldn't be an Argument, it will be released soon so we shall see, that is if its gonna be a major upgrade like that of ANNA& Belle and not a patch like FP1 & REFRESH. U feel me

That Reminds me, U asked me to tell u where to upgrade Nokia Belle FP1 for N8. Man this is so s*upid of u. it is like saying, TELL ME WHERE I CAN UPGRADE MY 701 WITH BELLE REFRESH AND I WILL DELETE MY ACCOUNT ON NAIRALAND. Does that makes sense Ode.

Wait Let me explain what u got on Navifirm to u. If u have a problem with your 701 booting up and the original FW on your device was BELLE. u cant boot with that no more cos u have upgraded once. the engineer will have to root you back to Scandinavia and then port u a fresh Belle FP1 from Navifirm. this is what the FW u just got was all about. Now tell me, Why will i download A whole FP1 Firmware when the Released patch for my current belle was 20MB and can be updated via the device? It is like saying. HEY, NOKIA JUST RELEASED BELLE REFRESH PATCH FOR MY CURRENT OS VERSION SO AM DOWNLOADING THE WHOLE FIRMWARE! How does that sound dude

U sound more like a Mor*on by saying i haven't used an OFW. I guess Nokia ported a CFW into my device when i bought it, or maybe i created my own modded version from your own OFW. How old are u bro

U have never seen anyone with a bricked phone via PC Suite cos u either ignorant or u just wanna make a statement here. This is more childish. Google is your friend, or flipped back pages of NOKIA BELLE IS HERE thread and see some.

Man u are not blind. Go back and read my post concerning the widgets, i ask u to provide me a screenshot of your Mail widget and small calendar widget, I never asked for your Ugly FM radio & Music player. not the ones u installed and changed the .mif background from resource. Am not stvpid. i have my reason for asking those ones. u either put those ones here or just stay mute.

YOur last statement about adding file from OFW was not funny, it was really annoying. U sound really sick. what is wrong with you what were the files u added when u used one as u claimed

Your accusations about me Lying, Posting fake test & fake pictures doesn't really bother me, i have known u for some time time now so its your normal behavior. Go back and check the pictures i posted and see how fake it was, maybe i was the one that manufactured both phones. this wouldn't be your first time making such accusations, u made it most times at our previous forum and the funniest one was the picture i took from an N8, u just refused to accept and claimed it was not true, not until u embarrassed yourself at the forum when others were busy testifying with their own shots. That really cracked me up till now, it simply means reading blogs aint enough to claim being good. u need to practice what u feel u know, otherwise u are just like an empty barrel, u know what they say about them right smiley

I don't claim being good at anything bro. Trust me, i don't claim what i don't own either and i do my own thing for my own satisfaction without troubling no one. i just created an account in 2007 to follow topics here until i installed a new windows OS that cleared my cache and i lost my first NL Account password. Decided to make a new one wanted to Comment on "Nokia Belle Is Here" and ever since i have been pasting some time wasting long messages, just to talk about some phones i don't even use anymore. I guess i have had enough of arguments from u as far as Symbian is concerned cos its no more funny, but rather Childish.. Battery,Time Consuming and abusive.
I'm really sorry if anyone feels i contributed to derailing the topic by useless arguments. Originally i have answered the OP's question by giving him a detailed explanation about the 3 phones he asked. so i think am done Here!

@OP
I hope u have got your favorite out of your 3 choices. Cheers!

You really need me to address some issues you've got.

You've put up another long post trying to prove things which are false.
Lets look at the updates released thus far and means of getting them
Anna- OTA (27MB), Nokia suite and Navifirm.
Belle- Nokia suite and Navifirm.
Belle fp1 (previously symbian Carla)- OTA (21MB), Nokia suite and Navifirm.
Belle refresh (stripped down version of fp1 for old devices)- OTA (11MB), Nokia suite and Navifirm.
Belle fp2 (previously symbian Donna)- ??

Once again you don't understand what you're explaining.
The thing is that you confuse yourself with names. Fp1 and fp2 would have been Carla and Donna if Nokia was still interested in Symbian. Would you then call them full updates?
Anna (a 'full' update for you) was available via OTA at just 27MB. So what do you have to say?
The reason for belle not being released via OTA is best known to Nokia has nothing to do with being full or access to Z:
who now needs to use his senses?

YOU CAN NOW SEE THAT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE FULL OR PARTIAL UPDATE FOR SYMBIAN. WHETHER YOU DO IT VIA OTA OR ON A DESKTOP HAS ABSOLUTELY NO INFLUENCE ON THE FINAL PRODUCT.

You can also see that since timely updates are available for me via OTA, then why do I need to go through a PC? In essence, I can't see any advantage of using phoenix or NS.

ITS GOOD THAT YOU'VE FINALLY AGREED THAT THE ONLY WAY OF GETTING THE CURRENT FEEL OF SYMBIAN ON AN OLD DEVICE LIKE N8 IS BY USING A CFW AND NOT BY GOING TO NAVIFIRM TO PICK UP NOTHING. THIS HOLDS NO ADVANTAGES FOR THOSE WITH CURRENT PHONES.

You're asking for additional widgets? This discussion is not worth the stress of me hiding sensitive info just to upload my mail widget. A simple search will show u tens of transparent mail and calendar widgets used without flashing ( http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=66843.0 ). Are you now satisfied? If you still insist, I may upload it.

As regards adding files from the OFW to the complete CFW, its clear you've used a narrow and boring variety. The version CFW I used was partial and I had to complete it using the OFW. The next version released was full but buggy.

I had a problem accepting a picture you said you took from an N8 because you had previously told me the audio out of your 701 was by the side together with your bogus fm transmitter and battery experiment. Not forgetting thesame photoshopped images. Its no brainer that I had to get other people to confirm as your words were worth nothing.

Its funny that in just this short conversation you've added the course you're reading, when you joined NL and the number of phones you've used to the phantom stuff which you already have- Things that can't be proven which I call lies.

IN CONCLUSION, YOU SAY I READ BLOGS. YES! I USE PHONES AND READ BLOGS THATS WHY I'M VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AS REGARDS SYMBIAN COS I'M NOT A ONE PHONE MAN WHO BASES HIS OPINION ON SELF-GENERATED LIES THAT EVEN HE CANNOT PROVE.

NEXT TIME I MAKE MY OPINION, DON'T COME AND ATTACK IT WITHOUT KNOWING YOUR STUFF.

At the beginning of this stuff, I put up a link ( http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/14959_Nokia_701_vs_N8_Torpedo_vs_Gui.php ) to a symbian site where a comparison has already been done without bias and hundreds of users also commented (most of which were N8 users).
I asked you to attack it and instead all you could say is that you've used devices in phantom and I've used nothing and yet could not prove a single thing.

First screen- your strongest point yet you went blank when I put up several pictures and videos and asked you why the top two smartphone screens are not AMOLED

I then asked you to give me a SINGLE reason why I should use a CFW. This is what you said- "There are 258 different commands in the 'BE9
folder and this has been set by default from Z,
how many of this can u modify? How many
script in it hav u personalized?" AGAIN HOW PATHETIC!!

Then we went on to size of C:, how laggy N8 is, better looks of 701, better upgradeability with current symbian version, better screen with CBD, much smaller and lighter, Physical call and Hangup buttons, central menu key, larger sized and removable battery, 1.3GHz processor, 512MB RAM, Better GPU, Dual LEDs with physical key key for torch
function, NFC, 400MB free on C:

AND AFTER ALL THIS YOU'VE BEEN UNABLE TO PROVE ME WRONG EVEN ON ONE OCCASION WHILE I'VE SEEN YOU RUN FROM PILLAR TO POST DROPPING POINTS ALONG THE WAY WHILE I RUN CIRCLES AROUND YOU.
I'M STILL CHALLENGING YOU TO SHOW ME JUST ONE PLACE WHERE I SAID SOMETHING THAT WAS FALSE.

NEXT TIME, COME UP WITH TANGIBLE REASONS COS YOU'RE JUST A ONE-PHONE MAN WHO IS BLANK ABOUT SYMBIAN YOU CLAIM TO KNOW. WORSE STILL YOU GO ABOUT LYING THAT YOU'VE OWNED PHONES YOU'VE NEVER SEEN.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reason Why One Ear Bud Cable Is Longer Than The Other. (pictures) / Techno Phantom Z- Full Specifications, Features And Price / Updated Hands on review of the innjoo Max 2 **pics**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 363
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.