Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,562 members, 7,770,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:53 AM

Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo (38941 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) / PHOTO – Woman Gives Birth To LIVE Monkey-like Baby In Otukpo, Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by LYNDDY(f): 8:30pm On Aug 01, 2012
A young Nigerian woman has been delivered of a monkey-like monster in Otukpo, a popular town in Benue State. It was said to have taken place recently at St Theresa Hospital, Otukpo

This wife of a hunter from Oju Local Government Area of the state was said to have given birth to a creature that looks like a monkey.

The strange delivery, was gathered, came as a surprise to the already mother of nine the who had successfully delivered nine children in the past and was having her 10th child before the strange creature visited her. According to an eyewitness, when the news broke out, residents of the town, especially those at the nearby Otukpo main market rushed to the hospital to see for themselves.

Describing the strange development as congenital malformation, Medical Director of the hospital, Dr Stanley Bwala said the malformation could have been forestalled if the woman was attending antenatal care regularly and advised pregnant women to always avail themselves to routine ante natal treatment.

However, it was gathered that as soon as the hunter heard about the delivery, he came and removed the monster from the hospital, even as observers believed the abnormal birth was a usual occurrence to hunters who have killed several animals during hunting.

In a brief chat with elder Adah Okoh, a traditional ruler in the area, he noted that in the Idoma tradition, such child should not be allowed to stay with the mother for fear of reincarnation. Asked if the monster should be buried alive or killed, elder Okoh said that should be left for the family to decide.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/08/photo-woman-gives-birth-to-live-monkey-like-baby-in-otukpo-benue-state.html

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by LYNDDY(f): 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2012
the pic
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by EfemenaXY: 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
What a far-fetched story, with a link that (understandably) doesn't work. lipsrsealed
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by Chanchit: 10:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
I could not even scroll down, when i saw the pix, i have to beg my bro' to help me click reply... This is really scary, maybe the hunter don kill the forbidden money inside forest.. Let me not cause any controversy with my comment, i don dey shake already.... Goodnite fellaz...

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
Crap
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by miteolu(m): 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pregnant mothers do not watch this pix

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
Looks as if the monkey is in preservation.

Bull.sh.t

Congenital malformations occur all the time. Trust Nigerians to read juju into it.
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by dani1luv: 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
oboi shocked shocked

Health Section?? shocked shocked

What is healthy about this thread now??
grin grin grin grin
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by djeezy(m): 12:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
undecidedPropaganda...
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by pembisco(m): 12:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
Anytin is posble 4 naija!
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by ebamma(m): 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2012
maybe her husband the hunter killed a wrong monkey,nemesis is now catching up with him
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by freecocoa(f): 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2012
One of the monkeys her husband has been killing is back for a return match.

Btw i don't believe the story,that picture isn't clear enough to be taken as evidence.
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by ukpaku: 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
how many times this story go make front page? No b the story when wil takle last 3 month or na so story scarce reach

3 Likes

Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by horlarkunle: 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
cryi hope the world is not comming to an end soonest with strange things happening here and there! cryi hope the world is not comming to an end soonest with strange things happening here and there!
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by heed101(m): 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
Abeg who come put this kind of thread? Abi na u give am belle ni? Next thread plz. Wubbish.
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by executinal(m): 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
Not surprise anything is possible in Naija
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by yemmy19(m): 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
She don born evrythng wey dey inside her finish,thats y dem cari giv her d surplus wey dey heaven

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by BlackOyinbo: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2012
Rubbish! That pic looks like a monkey in a jar. What shall it profit a Nairalander to spread fake news and...

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by yuzedo: 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
Isn't that David Mark's hometown?? shocked undecided
Hmmmmmmm... Is someone thinking what i'm thinking?? cheesy tongue
Abeg o! Senate Presido i no talk o, dis one u don already yarn say Social Media suppose dey ban for Naija! lipsrsealed angry
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by slimdiggi: 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
Benue State again?! What shall we not see and hear? Obama sch,mothers selling their kids for 4000naira,are you sure GEJ is not from benue?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by VEE2010(m): 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
na wao! after nine kids, still trying to bring more into avoidable suffering. sadly enough, most people who indulge in this act of giving birth to over 1 dozen of children hardly have what it takes to train up a single child. If you ask, they would keep making this parochial disposition "Na God dey give children" As if, those who controls the size of their family in a healthy manners are not children of God too. What do you expect, if a man is idle. he does not have any other thing to use his brain for other than thinking of sex all the time. may the lord have mercy!

4 Likes

Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
false story

1 Like

Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by Opoki(m): 12:59pm On Aug 02, 2012
[size=20pt]Genetic Mutation @ work, Let all join hand and say no to INDISCRIMINATE ERECTION of communication marst et al.[/size]
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by Clemzy16(m): 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
O.M.G!
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by JojoArmani(m): 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
Na wa o o. it now seems like everytin is possible in Ngeria. Oluwa unto ur hand I commit dis country to. haaaaay I no fit shout o o o
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by Opoki(m): 1:03pm On Aug 02, 2012
Opoki: [size=20pt]Genetic Mutation @ work, Let all join hand and say no to INDISCRIMINATE ERECTION of communication marst et al.[/size]
THIS NAIRALAND COME DEY TIRE ME OOO, I WROTE ERECTION THIS THING DEY SHOW ATTENTION WHY NAH/
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by ifihearam: 1:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
Mumu
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by postemail: 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2012
Bullocks!!
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by Opoki(m): 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
Opoki:
THIS NAIRALAND COME DEY TIRE ME OOO, I WROTE ERECTION THIS THING DEY SHOW ATTENTION WHY NAH/
E R E C T I O N.
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by mrperfect(m): 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
This is sad.
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by Yasmeena(f): 1:08pm On Aug 02, 2012
May Allah save us 4rm dis kinda situation.. End tym tins
Re: Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
The end shall never wonder!! After having 9 children dem still dey born dey go! No worry na lion una go born next! Mtscheeew!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Constipation: How Do I Treat This Long Term Disease Naturally? Please, Urgent! / 'I Used To Be Bullied'- Very Fat Man Shares His Shocking Weight Loss Journey(pi / Nigerian Lady Lists The Dangerous Substances Consume By Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.