Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,095 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:00 AM

OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala (2631 Views)

Blackberry Os 7.1 Mobile Hotspot Does It Work On Mtn N3000 Bis / Update Your Blackberry To Os 7.1 For The Best Ever Blackberry Experience / Can Blackberry Bold 9780 Be Updated To Os 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by souljaboi51(m): 10:23pm On Aug 01, 2012
I use a bold 9900 and i jst upgraded to os 7.1. I was so happy with d hotspot thing because i have a wifi only ipad and i thot my hotspot seeking days are over only to discover that mtn wld finish ur credit and zain aint good either cos i finished 1gb in less than a day. Does any one know how to bypass the mtn charges? Help really needed!!!
Thank you so much
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by Lexusgs430: 11:28pm On Aug 01, 2012
You should have bought a blackberry playbook instead. The playbook would compliment your 9900 very nicely.
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by souljaboi51(m): 1:25am On Aug 02, 2012
Dnt really like the play book, wanted apple but unfortunately, the person i sent bought the wifi only version and there is no way of returning it since nobody is travelling. So, that's where am stuck
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by walcolm(m): 6:55am On Aug 02, 2012
your complaint is not clear...is the BB wifi hotspot not doing what its supposed to do or your problem is really with your iPad using up all your data?
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by souljaboi51(m): 9:48am On Aug 02, 2012
The blackberry hotspot is doing its job, its just that once a system(laptop, ipad, phobe etc) is connected to it and its working, my credit would be exhausted while my bis would b untouched. Do u get it now? Am Using an mtn line.
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by Pacify: 10:45am On Aug 02, 2012
I'm experiencing the same thing, I just bought my ipad 3 and connected it to my bb 9900. I browsed and browsed feeling happy. unfortunately, I checked my balance after recharging 3k d previous day, only to discover that i had zero balance . I was hysterical!!! So what's the point wit the hotspot thing if it's to use up ur airtym instead of ur bb data? undecided undecided undecided It's so sad!
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by souljaboi51(m): 11:31am On Aug 02, 2012
Awwww, so sorry about that, 3k? That's a lot tho. This network people are just doing as they like. Airtel is not better either.
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by Lexusgs430: 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pacify: I'm experiencing the same thing, I just bought my ipad 3 and connected it to my bb 9900. I browsed and browsed feeling happy. unfortunately, I checked my balance after recharging 3k d previous day, only to discover that i had zero balance . I was hysterical!!! So what's the point wit the hotspot thing if it's to use up ur airtym instead of ur bb data? undecided undecided undecided It's so sad!

Your hotspot function is doing what it was meant to do. Your BIS subscription does not allow you browse with an external device, if you want to benefit from tablet - free browsing via BIS , I would say this again, GET A BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK.
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by TCD: 7:27pm On Aug 02, 2012
souljaboi51: Dnt really like the play book, wanted apple but unfortunately, the person i sent bought the wifi only version and there is no way of returning it since nobody is travelling. So, that's where am stuck
even if you get an ipad with sim card slot, it'll still suck the same amount of data, so getting a 3G ipad isn't the solution to your problem.

You can subscribe for MTN Internet bundles on the same line you have your BIS, though not too cheap at least it's cheaper than "Pay as you go" browsing you're doing now.

If paying for those data plans is too expensive for you or you want to browse on a tablet with your unlimited BIS , then like others have told you, you shoulda gotten a playbook.
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by TCD: 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
Bundle Plan Inclusive Data Validity Period Price (N) Activation Codes
Daily 150MB 24hours 500 103
Night 3GB 9pm-6am 2,500 102
Weekend 3GB 9pm(Fri )-6am (Mon) 3,000 108
Daytime 3GB 9am-9pm( 30days) 6,000 107
Monthly 5GB 24/7 8,000 101
Out of bundle rate 5kobo per kilobyte applies.

These are MTN'S Internet bundle plans. Subscribe time anyone of your choice. Note their data limits so you don't over use.
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by souljaboi51(m): 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
Wow! Thanks a lot but a playbook is outta d question. Been thinking about getting swift wifi modem for it though.
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by kefidoh(m): 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
I'm on OS 7.1. I use my bis for my mobile hotspot. It works so well when connecting other phones. So I wouldn't know if it will work same with an ipad. I'm on airtel network.
Re: OS 7.1 Hotspot Wahala by souljaboi51(m): 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2012
kefidoh: I'm on OS 7.1. I use my bis for my mobile hotspot. It works so well when connecting other phones. So I wouldn't know if it will work same with an ipad. I'm on airtel network.
Airtel works fine but its restricted to 1gb data. Too small for my high internet appetite

(1) (Reply)

I Will Teach You How To Create App And Make Money From It / My Infinix Zero Not Seeing Sim Card Again / Is Samsung Shipping Refurbished Phones As New Ones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.