Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

How To Prevent Laptop Noise? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Prevent Laptop Noise? (1197 Views)

How To Prevent My Windows8 Laptop From Consuming Much Data / Ways To Prevent Motherboard Failure / How To Prevent Computer Breakdown And Avoid Its Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 02, 2012
My former laptop fan used to make a lot of noise when running and it was not pleasant at all, the noise was very loud and you could hear it from outside the room the laptop was in.
That former laptop didn't make so much noise when I bought it newly and the noise started later on after about a year of usage.
I don't want my present lappy to develop this problem; what do I need to do or avoid doing to make sure it never does?
Thanks for your help.
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Johnchike(m): 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
Fellis, there are three likely causes. (A) It's a bios setting or chip problem. (B) It's caused by poor thermal paste or loose cooling heat sink. (C) The fan has been clogged by 'fluff' and 'lint'.
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Johnchike(m): 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
Fellis, let's identify the main problem now. Does the problem start when the computer is booting, when it has booted or after 10mins? If it starts making noise while booting then it 'might' be a BIOS setting or chip problem. But if it starts after the laptop has been running for a little while, then it is definately a heat problem(poor thermal paste or loose cooling heat sink) which might be caused by dust particles clogging it. To rectify this you might use a tooth brush to clean the fan vent.
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Johnchike(m): 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
Fellis, also you should avoid using your laptop on soft furnishings, carpet or even your bed. This is because, after a period of time, 'fluff' and lint would be built up and this tends to partially restrict the air-flow intakes. To rectify this, use a compressed air canister to disperse the restrictive material(dust, fluff) or you might use a vacuum cleaner(i've never used one).
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Johnchike(m): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
Fellis, also smell the air vent, if there's a burnt smell, then it's possible that the fan has clogged.
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Johnchike(m): 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
Fellis, this is easier than the rest. Press ctrl+alt+del. The task manager would come up. Check and make sure that the processor isn't more than 10.000hog. If it's more than, reduce it(set priority) to NORMAL or LOW
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
Oh, at last a reply. Thank you so much johnchike. smiley
Johnchike: Fellis, also you should avoid using your laptop on soft furnishings, carpet or even your bed. # This is because, after a period of time, 'fluff' and lint would be built up and this tends to partially restrict the air-flow intakes
I tend to do this a lot. I am almost always on the bed when browsing with the laptop.
Johnchike: . My dear fellis, to rectify this, use a compressed air canister to disperse the restrictive material(dust, fluff) or you might use a vacuum cleaner(i've never used one).
I don't even know where to get a canister and I don't have a vacuum cleaner. I think I'll try using the brush you wrote of before.
Thanks again.
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Johnchike(m): 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
I've got certifications on COMPTIA A+ and MCITP(windows server adminstrator). If there are still problems after the above steps, contact me through facebook- John Chike Chuks. I reside in Lagos, Minna and Anambra.
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
Johnchike: I've got certifications on COMPTIA A+ and MCITP(windows server adminstrator). If there are still problems after the above steps, contact me through facebook- John Chike Chuks or call me on 08131358155. I reside in Lagos, Minna and Anambra.
Ok. I'll keep you in mind in case I have problems with the laptop. I'm grateful.
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Johnchike(m): 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2012
Fellis, You can get the compressed air canister at a computer sales shop(where computer accessories are sold). But you have to careful when using it, so that you don't exert too much pressure. This might blow off some chips from the motherboard. I wish you the best of luck.
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
How much does a canister cost?
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Johnchike(m): 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
Fellis, it costs between 600 to 1200 naira. But luckily, you might find it cheaper at any computer store.
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
How about I use a brush instead? I prefer using a brush, no cost whatsoever.
Re: How To Prevent Laptop Noise? by Johnchike(m): 12:07am On Aug 24, 2012
Okay

(1) (Reply)

Among All The Modems Which Is The Best ? / Laptop For Downloading Business / Working Perfect HP Pavilion Dv6000 Laptop And Ready To Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.