Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:18 AM

What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? (1912 Views)

African Culture Is Dying! / Western Culture Vs African Culture / Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Joliecoco: 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
What do you like /dislike about your culture? If you could change one this what would it be?
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
Joliecoco: What do you like /dislike about your culture? If you could change one this what would it be?
i don't know what you mean by african culture because i know Africa does not represent/is not a single culture....anyway i dislike nothing in My culture..i love it .and proud to be who i am ..am proud of my ancestors and proud of what they achieved all over the continent
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by tpia1: 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2012
The only thing africans are supposed to dislike is civilization. undecided
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2012
We have silly aliens in the culture section, so I'll say I like everything about the different cultures in Africa.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by ayanle456: 3:51am On Nov 13, 2012
The somalis/ethiopians i like

the monkeys with aids i dislike

the arabs in the north i am impartial to
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 16, 2012
ayanle456: The somalis/ethiopians i like

the monkeys with aids i dislike

the arabs in the north i am impartial to
thats not culture dumb ass

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by MrsChima(f): 12:57am On Nov 16, 2012
I comment my reserve. Too many sensitive biatches on NL.
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I comment my reserve. Too many sensitive biatches on NL.

and unfortunately most of them are males. grin
NL has changed for the WORST..like seriously.
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by coolzeal(m): 1:57am On Nov 16, 2012
The name of my ethnicity is Nsukka(Ogbodo Aba) in Enugu state. Eastern part of Nigeria. I love everything about my culture and moreover women are respected greatly in my tradition. Screw you mehn... Africa is a continent dumb a>ss

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by MrsChima(f): 2:12am On Nov 17, 2012
*Kails*:

and unfortunately most of them are males. grin
NL has changed for the WORST..like seriously.

Yanno!
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by ifyalways(f): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
Funny replies cheesy. cheesy
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by JallowBah(f): 6:51am On Nov 18, 2012
The only thing I really don`t like about african culture, is FGM, and the fact that so many possibilities of making money for the continent is in others continents hands.
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
JallowBah: The only thing I really don`t like about african culture, is FGM, and the fact that so many possibilities of making money for the continent is in others continents hands.
is that cultural ? really? and there is no African culture
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by JallowBah(f): 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: is that cultural ? really? and there is no African culture

FGM is a cultural thing, yes. Not only based in Africa, but still cultural,and going on in Africa.
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 26, 2012
JallowBah:

FGM is a cultural thing, yes. Not only based in Africa, but still cultural,and going on in Africa.
shocked shocked next u will tell us that corruption is cultural undecided
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by JallowBah(f): 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: shocked shocked next u will tell us that corruption is cultural undecided

Why? What do YOU mean that FGM is, if not cultural? You think it is only done by people belonging to a certain religion..? Think again.
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2012
the whole thread is technically inaccurate...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Araboy(m): 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2012
I don't like the Lack of protective jealousy of their men but I do like the fact they are humble and happy
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by JallowBah(f): 12:14am On Nov 27, 2012
Araboy: I don't like the Lack of protective jealousy of their men but I do like the fact they are humble and happy

And the pride.
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 27, 2012
I dislike it when men talk about gender equality when it comes to financial issues in a relationship but at the same time think cooking and cleaning is only for a woman. It has become a trend amongst african women
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by pleep(m): 8:44am On Feb 18, 2013
Araboy: I don't like the Lack of protective jealousy of their men but I do like the fact they are humble and happy
Araboy... i havent seen you in ages

Your spot on with your post ... but i wonder the motivations, if African men where more protective that would make life harder for you non?
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Blyss: 2:24am On Feb 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i don't know what you mean by african culture because i know Africa does not represent/is not a single culture....anyway i dislike nothing in My culture..i love it .and proud to be who i am ..am proud of my ancestors and proud of what they achieved all over the continent

And what exactly is it that they've achieved in which is so worthy of being proud of?
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Blyss: 2:27am On Feb 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: is that cultural ? really? and there is no African culture

No it's not African culture but it is a reality directly related to some inferior African cultural attributes.
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Blyss: 2:30am On Feb 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: shocked shocked next u will tell us that corruption is cultural undecided

Yes corruption is part of many, if not most African ethnic groups cultures.
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by SAFO(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2013
The ignorance like charms, blood oathes, mami water & dumb shiat like that.

The sometimes antiquated backwards mentality that never leads to growth.

Everything else I like or is either somewhat less detestable.
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
SAFO: The ignorance like charms, blood oathes, mami water & dumb shiat like that.

The sometimes antiquated backwards mentality that never leads to growth.

Everything else I like or is either somewhat less detestable.

shut up. dont talk of things you dont know about.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Nobody: 2:51am On Feb 20, 2013
Polygamy.
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by Blyss: 5:08am On Feb 20, 2013
Paganist attributes.
Re: What Do You Like/dislike About African Culture? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
Blyss: Paganist attributes.

that is st.upid. there wont be any African culture S left without these Paganist attributes. angry

(1) (Reply)

The Different Nationalities On NL Rep. Where Ur From / [@magnificent Money Spell Business Spell Win Lotterry Spell Lotto Spells In USA / How Argentina 'Eliminated' Africans From Its History And Conscience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.