Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup (16101 Views)

How To Make Your Computer Welcome You With Your Name Voice On Startup / How To Make Computer Welcome You With A Voice Message On Startup. / You Can Now Send Free Bulk Sms Using Ur Name Or Mobile Number From Ur Phone Or Computer To Any Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by Kpimp: 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
To use this trick, follow the instructions given below:-

Click on Start. Navigate to All Programs, Accessories and Notepad.
Copy and paste the exact code given below.

Dim speaks, speech
speaks="Welcome to your PC, Username"
Set speech=CreateObject("sapi.spvoice"wink
speech.Speak speaks

3. Replace Username with your own name.
4. Click on File Menu, Save As, select All Types in Save as Type option, and save the file as Welcome.vbs or "*.vbs".
5. Copy the saved file.
6. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (in Windows XP) or to C:\Users\ User-Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (in Windows 7 and Windows Vista) if C: is your System drive.
7. Paste the file.

Make your Computer Welcome you at startup

Now the next time you start your computer, Windows will welcome you in its own computerized voice.

Note: For best results, it is recommended to change sound scheme to No Sounds.
You can change the sound scheme to No Sounds by following the steps given below:-

Go to Control Panel.
Then click on Switch to Classic View.
Then Click on Sounds and Audio Devices.
Then Click on the Sounds Tab.
Select No Sounds from the Sound Scheme option.
If you wish to save your Previous Sound Scheme, you can save it by clicking Yes in the popup menu.
Click on OK.

Change Sound Scheme to No Sounds

Try it yourself to see how it works. In my personal opinion, this is an excellent trick. Whenever I start my PC in front of anybody and the PC welcomes me, the fellow is left wondering how brilliant a computer do I have.

1 Like

Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by Hotdiamond(m): 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
nice. I'll Try it out right away
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by passionate88: 1:22am On Aug 03, 2012
Will definitely try it.... Thanks man
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by Kpimp: 6:07am On Aug 03, 2012
u are welcome
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by Dondbuzor: 6:29am On Aug 03, 2012
Tried it and it returned error.
Error; object doesn't support this property or method: 'speaks'

1 Like

Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by Kpimp: 7:17am On Aug 03, 2012
redo it,i did nt close the bracket.close the bracket and try it again.

Dim speaks, speech
Set speech=CreateObject("sapi.spvoice")
speech.Speak speaks
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by Dondbuzor: 9:51am On Aug 03, 2012
@Kpimp; nice one I must say.
The code rocks
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by monkvirus(m): 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2012
Guy dat software is a virus.......
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by Kpimp: 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
funny dude.how code take turn into software.oversabi
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by monkvirus(m): 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2012
Kpimp: funny dude.how code take turn into software.oversabi

Am sorry i was not talking to you, and moreover dat trick realy works, kip it up.
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by Kpimp: 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2012
ok.enjoy
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by mavtrevor(m): 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
And what amount of memory resource does it consume to just mention my name on startup? I disable start up programs on my system to enhance my systems performance and you are asking me to add to the list? No way...the trick looks like it could work but thanks i dont want my system picking up load on startup.
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by chidibrown(m): 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2012
Am on it....Oga mav hafa
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by KenJak(m): 7:49am On Oct 24, 2016
Kpimp:

Dim speaks, speech
speech.Speak speaks

4. Click on File Menu, Save As, select All Types in Save as Type option, and save the file as Welcome.vbs or "*.vbs".
5. Copy the saved file.
6. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (in Windows XP) or to C:\Users\ User-Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (in Windows 7 and Windows Vista) if C: is your System drive.
7. Paste the file.

Now the next time you start your computer, Windows will welcome you in its own computerized voice.

You can change the sound scheme to No Sounds by following the steps given below:-

Go to Control Panel.
If you wish to save your Previous Sound Scheme, you can save it by clicking Yes in the popup menu.
Click on OK.

Try it yourself to see how it works. In my personal opinion, this is an excellent trick. Whenever I start my PC in front of anybody and the PC welcomes me, the fellow is left wondering how brilliant a computer do I have.

Hi bro, I use windows7 ultimate though partitioned but I cannot find the path C:\Users\ User-Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. what do I do please?
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup by Abcruz(m): 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
Kpimp:

Dim speaks, speech
speech.Speak speaks

5. Copy the saved file.
7. Paste the file.

Go to Control Panel.
Click on OK.

i did it and it worked. Thanks for the trick bro. I'm grateful!

(1) (Reply)

Is Shutting Down Via The Computer's Power Button Really Safe? / Easyworship 7.1.4.0 Offline Bibles / I Buy Scrap and working Laptops (exchange Your Scrap Laptop For Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.