Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now (20895 Views)

Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. / Smartphones To Be Used For National ID Card Registration / Top 10 Best Smartphones You Can Buy Right Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:33am On Aug 03, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S3
Perhaps you've seen the (completely omnipresent and unavoidable) ads: Samsung's Galaxy S3 has arrived in the states, with a gleaming 4.8-inch AMOLED display and some of the fastest smartphone processing available. Heavily advertised features like S Voice (Siri wannabe), S Beam (NFC sharing between GS3s) and SmartStay (display stays bright as long as your eyes stay on it) come up short, but the speed of the phone and that gorgeous display make Samsung's third Galaxy S a charm.

HTC One X
The pundits at tech site Gizmodo maintain that the HTC One X is the best Android phone out there, and it's easy to see why they are so enamored: The One X's 4.7-inch display is lovely and responsive, and while it can't match the Galaxy S3 in speed, the superb camera of the One X challenges the iPhone 4S for the smartphone photography crown.

HTC EVO 4G LTE
Sprint just turned on its 4G LTE network, which means that the 4G LTE smartphones it's been selling can take advantage of the faster speeds. That means that the EVO 4G LTE -- the only smartphone with a built-in kickstand -- is now as fast as it should be (in select cities). Like the One X, the new EVO boasts a gorgeous display and deluxe camera; and though the design has proven hit-or-miss for some, it's certainly an eye-catcher. Next-generation noise reduction during voice calls is also built in, though it's unclear when Sprint will power up its networks to handle that feature, or how well it will work in practice.

Google/Samsung Galaxy Nexus
It's almost 8 months old at this point, and its display and camera shrink when compared to those of the current iPhone, Galaxy S3 and HTC One phones. The Galaxy Nexus, however, is still a treat, especially if you don't like the "skins" that manufacturers like HTC and Samsung load onto their phones. The Galaxy Nexus is clean, simple Android, without the obnoxious clocks or bloatware; plus, it already has Android 4.1 "Jelly Bean," an update that seems to have made the Galaxy Nexus run faster than on the day it was released back in December. And here's the real selling point of this aging phone: The Galaxy Nexus is now free on Verizon. An updated Nexus phone isn't expected until the end of 2012 or beginning of 2013, so if you're looking for pure Android with the latest operating system updates, the Galaxy Nexus remains a rational purchase.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/galaxy-s3-htc-one-x-nexus-best-smartphones_n_1720052.html
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by joanana(f): 11:43am On Aug 03, 2012
If you want to buy a branded fone such Samsung galaxy at&t; i will advive u don't buy it cos u will end up regretting.... right now i am cry cry cry cry cry cry My Samsung Galaxy S2 At&T is a cool fone but now its a disaster. T.mobile branded fone is way better than At &T

2 Likes

Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
havnt used it but i prefer iPhone 4s

3 Likes

Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Acidosis(m): 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
just change the topic to 4 most expensive smart phones to buy right now.

6 Likes

Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by oche419: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
Go for samsung galaxy note or S3 grin
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by joanana(f): 9:40am On Aug 06, 2012
oche419: Go for samsung galaxy note or S3 grin

S3 it is. Just waiting for samsung to reduce the price 98k for one fone? na wetin ..... At least 80k. i will wait , dnt care how long grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 06, 2012
No Blackberry? cheesy i might have to start directing any1 that asks for my pin to view this page henceforth grin

3 Likes

Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by LORDEST(m): 9:49am On Aug 06, 2012
Passing by
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by jude33084(m): 9:51am On Aug 06, 2012
info: No Blackberry? cheesy i might have to start directing any1 that asks for my pin to view this page henceforth grin

In terms of utility, BB still remain τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ Best in Nigeria with High data compression sytem ƌ̲̣̣̣̥n̶̲̥̅̊d̶̲̥̅̊
affordable data plan grin
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by seedord247(m): 9:53am On Aug 06, 2012
I'm using the S2 sky rocket version. just 20% different from the S3.

I'm enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2012
info: No Blackberry? cheesy i might have to start directing any1 that asks for my pin to view this page henceforth grin

yes, no crapberry.
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by beethoven: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2012
joanana: If you want to buy a branded fone such Samsung galaxy at&t; i will advive u don't buy it cos u will end up regretting.... right now i am cry cry cry cry cry cry My Samsung Galaxy S2 At&T is a cool fone but now its a disaster. T.mobile branded fone is way better than At &T

Yeah, I think the problem is that AT&T 3G works on a different frequency than T-mobile's 3G. T-mobile uses the standard international frequency. AT&T (mainly american) uses a frequency that is not the International standard. One might argue that it is because AT&T don't want people buying their phones, unlocking it and using it for another carrier. Another argument could be that AT&T as an American company just wants to be different. However, phones from AT&T and any other carrier (T-mobile inclusive) all use the same frequency for EGDE and below, therefore if u use an AT&T phone with any other carrier's network, the best u can get is EGDE, the converse is also true. As a warning, if u plan using your phone in Nigeria, don't buy AT&T branded phone.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by jude33084(m): 9:57am On Aug 06, 2012
seedord247: I'm using the S2 sky[b]rocket[/b] version. just 20% from the S3.

I'm enjoying it.

Na missile version una go S̶̲̥̅̊o̲̣̥oи̣̣̣̣̥
D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ use or space shuttle tongue
grin
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by overloved(m): 9:58am On Aug 06, 2012
what about nokia Lumia 900 ? its a great phone too cool

1 Like

Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Freesia(f): 10:00am On Aug 06, 2012
I just find them all so big especially the HTC's,lost my BB Bold a few days ago and I want to get a different phone.I was shopping around and the sizes are putting me off looks like I might just end up with RIM all over again undecided
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by FifiMyles: 10:01am On Aug 06, 2012
Currently I’m using Galaxy S3 phone. It has a 2100mAh battery life and also another plus point is Galaxy S3‘s battery is removable and it has a gorgeous display.
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 06, 2012
Article is tailored for an American audience..

11 Likes

Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 06, 2012
All these iPhone-wannabes ? shocked shocked

Steve jobs woulda sue samsung again for stealing his siri application. Bunch of thievies !
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 06, 2012
Its a lie. BB is the best smartphone. Let the war begin.......... shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by logica(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Steve jobs woulda sue samsung again for stealing his siri application. Bunch of thievies !
I read a compelling article that showed Samsung had designs similar to the iPhone way before the iPhone was conceived or released. Even more compelling, the iPhone design looks very much like the LG Prada. They all steal from one another.

1 Like

Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by LeJeun3: 10:12am On Aug 06, 2012
No is within my range, thank you!
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 06, 2012
Na free??
Abi hu go gv us d money??
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by vickyozohu(f): 10:12am On Aug 06, 2012
Passing by
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by anyi385(m): 10:14am On Aug 06, 2012
Iphone 4s any time any day tongue
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 06, 2012
logica: I read a compelling article that showed Samsung had designs similar to the iPhone way before the iPhone was conceived or released. Even more compelling, the iPhone design looks very much like the LG Prada. They all steal from one another.

Are you serious ? Did LG prada also looks like the first generation iPhone ? Even before his death,Jobs has always challenged samsung for stealing his idea and samsung is yet to disclaim that.
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by BabaAra2(m): 10:21am On Aug 06, 2012
Why is Sony xperia S not mentioned here at all. Is this the phone that bad?

Am looking at buying it. Is something not right with the phone?

1 Like

Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by logica(m): 10:23am On Aug 06, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Are you serious ? Did LG prada also looks like the first generation iPhone ? Even before his death,Jobs has always challenged samsung for stealing his idea and samsung is yet to disclaim that.
Well, Samsung must have taken the position of "prove it in court if you can". Some people don't like wasting their breathe. These revelations are just coming up in the ongoing court-case.

And yes, the overall design of even the very first iPhone did look like the LG Prada:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Prada
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by agog: 10:27am On Aug 06, 2012
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 06, 2012
logica: Well, Samsung must have taken the position of "prove it in court if you can". Some people don't like wasting their breathe. These revelations are just coming up in the ongoing court-case.

And yes, the overall design of even the very first iPhone did look like the LG Prada:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Prada

That MUST have been after Samung ''settled'' their way out of the fraud following the death of steve.

When did samsung start doing touchscreen phones ?
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by logica(m): 10:34am On Aug 06, 2012
~Bluetooth:

That MUST have been after Samung ''settled'' their way out of the fraud following the death of steve.

When did samsung start doing touchscreen phones ?
I hope you know the Apple versus Samsung case is in court as we speak?
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by zilon12(m): 10:37am On Aug 06, 2012
~Bluetooth:

the late steve jobs
Re: The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now by Azidogen2: 10:37am On Aug 06, 2012
buy nokia 701 and never regret it wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Screenshot Your Favorite Music Player With Your Favorite Song Playing / Glo Blackberry Subscription(daily) / Samsung To Release New Galaxy A80 Variant With 256GB Storage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.