Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Pls Help Me With This Vin Check - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls Help Me With This Vin Check (16015 Views)

Pls Help Interprete This Vin/autocheck Report / For Ivvie And Others: Pls Help Check This Vin / Help Me With This Vin Check (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by Ivvie: 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2008
|
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by shawla: 9:34pm On Jan 25, 2008
sorry ivvie what exactly did d records show for the navigator 5LMRU27L3WLJ36906
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by shawla: 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2008
shawla:

jenju or ivvie what exactly did d records show for the navigator 5LMRU27L3WLJ36906
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by Ivvie: 9:53pm On Jan 25, 2008
|
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by shawla: 10:03pm On Jan 25, 2008
thanks a million
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by layifioren(m): 2:45am On Jan 26, 2008
Guys you've got to be careful here. This is where instinct and experience takes hold. Just because a car record says salvage doesn't mean it's really total loss. Most insurance companies does not like fixing newer cars or they have policies on newer cars thus they declare it "salvage" because they have to when they sell them in auction. I'll give you guys a perfect example, I have an Acura TL Type S. It was in a very minor accident in California. I mean the right quarter panel was nipped a little bit. A professional body shop guy bought it and he fixed it. After it was fixed, inspection was done and the vehicle was good to go. The price I bought it for was around $6000.00 lesser than what I would have paid for it and I'm driving the vehicle today like new. Absolutely flawless! So don't get too carried away with it. If you think a vehicle you're interested in is comparatively cheap just ask the seller if the vehicle was in an accident or flood. Just because it says it's salvage does not mean it's a piece of junk.
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by Ivvie: 4:02am On Jan 26, 2008
|
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by layifioren(m): 4:16am On Jan 26, 2008
Ivvie:

Accidents that are less than $1000 aren't reported or sometimes detailed but not deemed as a car with a flaw. They just don't issue salvage without a cause. California is also a state that doesn't record accidents that are less than $1000 in its vehicle history. I don't know the veracity of your story but an accidented vehicle is an accidented vehicle irregardless. I want to suspect the frame was either bent thus rendering it stressed (tensile or compressive) thus weakening it or something else. No state will render a minor accident salvage.

Reason, how would you react to a wooden chair that has its four legs and back arm broken and then glue for normal or optimal performance. Worse, if you know nothing about it. It is the same with a salvage vehicle. If your story happened as you have stated, it'll report minor accident. The Acura TL is unibody and partly plastic. It would be easy to fix such a dent by replacing the affected region.

If all these cars were as you stated, they wouldn't be in Lagos/Nigeria. They would still be here. The profit isn't much if all was good and had it shipped.

Well I'm here to tell you that a car does not have to have a bent frame to be salvage. I'm talking from absolute experience. I mean absolute experience. My cars for the pass 4 years had prior salvage title. Unibody and partly plastic! Maybe you're talking about Saturns. Go on Ebay and take a good look at prior salvage cars. Allstates insurance for example replaces vehicles of a particular age regardless of the extent of it's accident. Don't get me wrong salvage cars are not new cars but ask anyone that truly know about car and they'll tell you that salvage cars are not always "salvage" as they term them. Another thing you have to understand is when body shops give insurance companies quote to fix a vehicle, it is always high compared to what they'll give a private person. Because of the quotes they get, that normally discourages them from fixing. That's why when you go to the body shop before they give you a quote they'll ask you if the insurance company is pay or if you're paying out of your pocket. What has that got to do with a quote? By the way where do you stay?
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by qimpex: 6:23am On Jan 26, 2008
layifioren:

Well I'm here to tell you that a car does not have to have a bent frame to be salvage. I'm talking from absolute experience. I mean absolute experience. My cars for the pass 4 years had prior salvage title. Unibody and partly plastic! Maybe you're talking about Saturns. Go on Ebay and take a good look at prior salvage cars. Allstates insurance for example replaces vehiclo has been in the es of a particular age regardless of the extent of it's accident. Don't get me wrong salvage cars are not new cars but ask anyone that truly know about car and they'll tell you that salvage cars are not always "salvage" as they term them. Another thing you have to understand is when body shops give insurance companies quote to fix a vehicle, it is always high compared to what they'll give a private person. Because of the quotes they get, that normally discourages them from fixing. That's why when you go to the body shop before they give you a quote they'll ask you if the insurance company is pay or if you're paying out of your pocket. What has that got to do with a quote? By the way where do you stay?

It is good that some guys are offering VIN checks for free. That's the Naija spirit of helping our brothers. I really appreciate the contribution of nairalander to this thread. However, as someone who has been in the used car business for about 10 years, it won't be a bad idea to contribute my quota to this thread.

For the records, I'm a registered and licensed used car and parts dealer in the state of Georgia. My used parts dealer's license allows me to purchase salvage cars and also to present same for inspection after repairs.

Facts:

[list]
[li]That a car has a salvage history doesn't mean it is not a good buy, afterall everyone loves a discount.[/li]
[li]A VIN check doesn't guarantee that you are buying a good car. I have seen no report or conflicting reports between Carfax and Autocheck reports(the two most popular car information data providers in the US).[/li]
[li]The salvage auto biz is a multi billion dollar industry.So the demand for salvage cars is very high[/li]
[li]Salvage cars are not very cheap to get. A lot of Americans drive them too.[/li]
[li]Can someone check the VIN of all those buses and 504 on Nigerian roads.Like salvage cars, some of them are still reliable[/li]
[li]Minor fender benders are good deals to buy[/li]
[li]Run away from flood cars. They might save you some dollars initially, but a drain in the end[/li]
[li]Shine your eyes well well before you buy a car.Check engine area and undercarriage for rust[/li]
[li]Avoid front and chassis damages[/li]
[li]You can save a lot by buying slavage, contact me - The devil you know is better than the saint you don't know[/li]
[li]I have a 99 P/finder (salvage) and I drove it to/from Lagos to Abuja without any wahala[/li]
[li]The reason why most of these cars are salvaged is because the owners in collaboration with the body shops are asking the insurance money fro too much money to fix the cars[/li]
[/list]

What makes a vehicle a Salvage vehicle in the state of GA?

A salvage vehicle is any motor vehicle:

•  Damaged to the extent that it’s restoration to an operable condition would require the replacement of two or more major component parts, as listed below,

•  That an insurance company has paid a “total loss claim” and the vehicle has not been repaired, regardless of the extent of damage to such vehicle or the number of major component parts required to repair such vehicle.

Major Component Parts

A major component part of a motor vehicle is any one of the following sub-assemblies:

Front Clip Assembly (Fender, grille, hood and bumper),

Rear Clip Assembly (Quarter panels and floor panel assembly,

Engine and Transmission,

Top Assembly , with the exception of soft-tops (Convertible),

Frame ; or,

A Complete Side of a vehicle (including fenders, door(s) and quarter panel).

http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/titles/needed/Whatmakesavehicleasalvagevehicle.asp

Testimonies:

1. I bought a 2001 Acura TL with 50k miles at Copart (largest salvage yard in the world),for just $2500. All he changed was the left marker (signal) light. the car was inspected by the state and has been on the road for the past 4 years.

2. I bought a 2001 Acura MDX with 60k miles for $5600. All that I fixed is therear bumper cover and tail lamp. I sold it to a happy driver for $9000.

3. Pictures of  recent cars I bought from the auction.
00 Camry with 64k miles - $3500 (before fees)
03 Accord with 56k miles - $5500 (before fees)

4. Some online salvage auctions:
http://ridesafely.com/
http://www.salvagedirect.com/

Let's chat, I will surely save you a lot on your next car. Next container leaves ATL for Tin Can, 2nd week of February.

Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by layifioren(m): 6:35am On Jan 26, 2008
qimpex:

It is good that some guys are offering VIN checks for free. That's the Naija spirit of helping our brothers. I really appreciate the contribution of nairalander to this thread. However, as someone who has been in the used car business for about 10 years, it won't be a bad idea to contribute my quota to this thread.

For the records, I'm a registered and licensed used car and parts dealer in the state of Georgia, with more than a decade experience in the biz. My used parts dealer's license allows me to purchase salvage cars and also to present same for inspection after repairs.

Facts:

[list]
[li]That a car has a salvage history doesn't mean it is not a good buy, afterall everyone loves a discount.[/li]
[li]A VIN check doesn't guarantee that you are buying a good car. I have seen no report or conflicting reports between carfax and autocheck reports(the two most popular car information data providers in the US).[/li]
[li]The salvage auto biz is a multi billion dollar industry.So the demand for salvage cars is very high[/li]
[li]Salvage cars are not very cheap to get. A lot of Americans drive them too.[/li]
[li]Can someone check the VIN of all those buses and 504 on Nigerian roads[/li]
[li]Minor fender benders are good deals to buy[/li]
[li]Run away from flood cars. They might same you some dollars initially, but a drain in the end[/li]
[li]Shine your eyes well well before you buy a car.Check engine area and undercarriage for rust[li]
[li]Avoid front and chassis damages[li]
[/list]

What makes a vehicle a Salvage vehicle in the state of GA?

A salvage vehicle is any motor vehicle:

• Damaged to the extent that it’s restoration to an operable condition would require the replacement of two or more major component parts, as listed below,

• That an insurance company has paid a “total loss claim” and the vehicle has not been repaired, regardless of the extent of damage to such vehicle or the number of major component parts required to repair such vehicle.

Major Component Parts

A major component part of a motor vehicle is any one of the following sub-assemblies:

Front Clip Assembly (Fender, grille, hood and bumper),

Rear Clip Assembly (Quarter panels and floor panel assembly,

Engine and Transmission,

Top Assembly , with the exception of soft-tops (Convertible),

Frame ; or,

A Complete Side of a vehicle (including fenders, door(s) and quarter panel).

http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/titles/needed/Whatmakesavehicleasalvagevehicle.asp

Testimonies:

1. I bought a 2001 Acura TL with 50k miles at Copart (largest salvage yard in the world),for just $2500. All he changed was the left marker (signal) light. the car was inspected by the state and has been on the road for the past 4 years.

2. I bought a 2001 Acura MDX with 60k miles for $5600. All that I fixed is therear bumper cover and tail lamp. I sold it to a happy driver for $9000.

3. Pictures of recent cars I bought from the auction.

May God bless you. I was just trying to relief some of the people that think salvage always mean "bad". You explained it more in detail than I did. The last thing Nigerians should be worrying about in a car is salvage title as long as the car is functioning perfectly like it should. We have enough to make a car "salvage" in Nigeria anyways. Hope people get a better idea now. Thanks
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by qimpex: 6:50am On Jan 26, 2008
layifioren:

May God bless you. I was just trying to relief some of the people that think salvage always mean "bad". You explained it more in detail than I did. The last thing Nigerians should be worrying about in a car is salvage title as long as the car is functioning perfectly like it should. We have enough to make a car "salvage" in Nigeria anyways. Hope people get a better idea now. Thanks

The pot holes on Nigerian roads can easily blow an airbag. What matters is that you car is driving well and you are also maintaining it well. Oil change every 3000 miles or 3 months, depending on which one comes first.

More salvage cars that I recently bought:

Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by jenju(m): 6:55am On Jan 26, 2008
layifioren:

Thanks for all the informative postings -  as someone mentioned earlier, knowledge that is not shared is useless. I however still believe that it is better to err on the side of caution when buying Tokunbos in Nigeria.  I quite agree that a car with a Salvage title does not mean that the car is not road worthy.

If I were in the USA and purchased such a car, it has to pass rigorous inspection, as you know, before it is allowed to return to the roadways. On the other hand, if an unscrupulous dealer, patches such a car until it is drivable, and ships it to Nigeria, the car can be registered and return to our roads with its accompanying danger to all.

I venture to say that most people selling such Salvaged cars in Nigeria cannot produce any evidence that the car may have passed the said inspection. This is the reason why I will continue to encourage people to stay away from such cars. Why take the risk when you also have the option of buying cars that do not have salvage titles or have not been in prior major accidents?

Once again, I'd buy a salvage car in the USA because it must pass the said inspection before it is back on the roads, but I will never purchase such a Tokunbo car in Nigeria - the risks are too high and dangerous. As they say Caveat Empto (Buyers Beware)!!

Mr qimpex:

The sad truth is that most of those importing Salvage cars to Nigeria are not importing the kinds of cars you posted above. People are importing Junk cars and those classified as Lemon. I'm sure you have your cars inspected and can produce proof of such inspections upon request. That is not the case with most Salvaged cars imported to Nigeria - this is the sad truth.

Cheers
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by qimpex: 7:03am On Jan 26, 2008
Buyers Beware is the key word.

Jenju, I understand your point but some cars are not meant to be salvaged. The US is just full of insurance scams. For instance, I wanted to get an 07 Camry for one of my client for $18000, but he jumped at the offer when I told him I can get a salvage one for $8000 (see pix, with just 29k miles). After the car got to Lagos, he called back that he fixed it for only N20,000.So in all he is driving an 07 for a fraction of the cost.

I guess the difference is because I only buy when there is an order for it. I normally send the pix to my client so that they can estimate the cost and condition, prior to purchase. Funny enough, I ensure that I give them a carfax report showing that the car is not a lemon (no flood, no Katrina salvage).

Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by Ivvie: 7:23am On Jan 26, 2008
|
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by layifioren(m): 7:32am On Jan 26, 2008
Ivvie,
Different stroke for different folks. Taxpayers money has nothing to do with insurance companies. No offense but you sound ignorant in your analysis. Plastic with reinforce slabs; I rest my case!
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by jenju(m): 7:32am On Jan 26, 2008
qimpex:

Buyers Beware is the key word.

Jenju, I understand your point but some cars are not meant to be salvaged. The US is just full of insurance scams. For instance, I wanted to get an 07 Camry for one of my client for $18000, but he jumped at the offer when I told him I can get a salvage one for $8000 (see pix, with just 29k miles). After the car got to Lagos, he called back that he fixed it for only N20,000.So in all he is driving an 07 for a fraction of the cost.

I guess the difference is because I only buy when there is an order for it. I normally send the pix to my client so that they can estimate the cost and condition, prior to purchase. Funny enough, I ensure that I give them a carfax report showing that the car is not a lemon (no flood, no Katrina salvage).

Qimpex,

As I mentioned earlier, if most of those selling salvaged vehicles are as honest and open as you are, all will be well. I commend you for the way you operate your business as you've described it here. Unfortunately, and all too often, unscrupulous folks will patch up lemons and junk cars for sale in the Nigerian market to unsuspecting and uninformed buyers.  Those are the kinds of folks we are warning buyers about.

You even offer carfax info on your vehicles! Many of these dealers in Nigeria don't even want people to know of the existence of carfax, let alone offer the data to potential clients. Once again, thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Cheers
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by qimpex: 7:37am On Jan 26, 2008
Thank Jenju for the selfless service. My thought about life reflects on the law of Karma. Keep up the good work.
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by Ivvie: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2008
|
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by qimpex: 7:50am On Jan 26, 2008
Ivvie:

Do you know you that CAMRY is gone because it's unibody.  No insurance company would pay to fix that because of the chassis and frame is designed.  Once reinforcement has been altered, its rigidity is weakened.  It'll also have engine issues 'cause tolerances for many components would have been disturbed.

Ivvie,

Thanks for the information. I don't agree with you, because I drove that car for about an hour to the shipper's office and it drove perfectly. In addition, I got it checked by Toyota and they found no issue with the chassis or frame. Anyway for your info, the customer is happy that he made a good buy. He drove it to the East last xmas and he gave me a positive feedback on her performance. This is what really matters. Especially since he saw what he was buying before he paid.

Regards
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by Ivvie: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2008
|
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by Ivvie: 8:39am On Jan 26, 2008
|
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by arsenal4va(m): 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2008
gimpex , cud u arrange another Camry 07 for that price ?? what will be the landing price in lag ??
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by shawla: 3:32pm On Jan 26, 2008
HELP WITH THIS VIN CHECK

1FMPU18L1YLB13548
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by layifioren(m): 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2008
Ivvie,
I don't like stating facts when I know that the person I'm trying to educate is not on the same platform of understanding as I am. I mean bro., sincerely ask yourself the mindset you have on this issue. You already have your mind made and there's no problem with that. You probably had some bad experience. If you're ever interested in buying a prior salvage car, I could tell you ways to go about it that it won't put a hole in your pocket. Qimpex did his best to explain things. I know what I know and you know what you know. No problem, we all can't agree in life. We all learn everyday and I have learned from experience. So let it die. Enjoy and stay bless!

P.S: Qimpex does this for living and he knows what he's talking about. I don't but I have friends that does this for living and that's how I know what I know.
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by jenju(m): 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2008
shawla:

HELP WITH THIS VIN CHECK

1FMPU18L1YLB13548

2000 FORD EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER
1FMPU18L1YLB13548
4 DR. WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
5.4L V8 PFI SOHC 16V / 4 WHEEL DRIVE

This vehicle DOES NOT qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee

05/15/2000 Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Dept.
Philadelphia, PA    Registered as personal vehicle  

10/12/2001    9,108    Auto Auction    Sold at auction
in Eastern Region
Listed as a dealer vehicle  

09/04/2003       Pennsylvania Police Report
Crash #2003066967    Accident reported in Lancaster County
Involving left front impact Vehicle struck by another motor vehicle
Moderate damage reported Vehicle towed  

05/14/2004    Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Dept. Concordville, PA
Vehicle purchase reported
Odometer reading reported  84,279miles

06/09/2004 53,111 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Akron, PA Title issued or updated
New owner reported
INCONSISTENT ODOMETER READING 53,111 miles

04/14/2006       Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.   TOTAL LOSS VEHICLE
Title or registration issued to insurance company  

04/14/2006       Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept. Concordville, PA  
SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED 

11/05/2006       Vehicle Exporter
Vehicle exported from
Baltimore, MD and imported to Nigeria  

Shawla, I would definitely not purchase this vehicle without making sure that it was adequately repaired and that it actually passed Inspection in the USA after it was repaired.  Additionally, there is inconsistency in the odometer readings - one could suspect a odometer rollback or clerical error grin I'd look for a vehicle without the baggage that this one carries
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by Ivvie: 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2008
|
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by shawla: 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2008
@ jenju
thnaks man
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by qimpex: 2:24am On Jan 27, 2008
Ivvie:

Correction, Toyota dealerships cannot determine if your frame is bent or not. You need to take it to a collision garage that is equipped with the necessary infrastructure and it's computer guided and then, determination can be concluded if the frame would be pulled or not. This has to be done on a repititive manner and checked ever so often using laser guided alignment.

What I am certain of is that it is weakened from its initial PD. It's the law of science. When a material is stressed and goes beyond plasticidy towards yeild point or necking, you relax the stress and the material is weakened. If you have a better law against this, you will have to prove it in full terms. As for the engine, if it was disturbed in the collision, then it is dependent on time to prove its dependability.

How would you explain the airbags? The drivers airbag is at least $2000. You have the passenger and also side airbags. I don't care how good anyone claims, you cannot restore an airbag as manufactured. A law was actually passed in texas because of an unfortunate event.

I am not pointing you out as not knowing what you are implying. I'm just stating the facts using laws.

Ivvie, there is a body shop in all the Toyota dealership in the ATL area. In essence, I used "Toyota" as a general term to refer that I took it to the experts to check it 'bumper-to-bumper'. I like the way you referenced practical science in your analysis. I'm a chemical engineer by training and an ASe certified body work tech, so I know one or two things about strenght of materials. Keep up the good job.You're appreciated!

By the way, what's your question about the airbag?
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by qimpex: 2:47am On Jan 27, 2008
arsenal4va:

gimpex , cud u arrange another Camry 07 for that price ?? what will be the landing price in lag ??

Arsenal4va, you should be able to get one like this within the range of $8000 and $10000, depending on mileage and accident level. However, since most lots are trying to clear out their 07 Camry (subject to your anticipated delivery and budget). You can get an 07 Camry LE without any issue for an average of $17000. 

Actual sale result at Atlanta Auto Auction on 01/24/07

TOYOTA CAMRY CE 2007 BLACK 4 4 Gas Auto CD 19950 miles  $14,900
TOYOTA CAMRY LE 2007 GREEN 4 4 Gas Auto  CD   29790 miles $16,200
TOYOTA CAMRY LE 2007 BEIGE 4 4 Gas Auto   CD  C 10172miles  $16,500
TOYOTA CAMRY LE 2007 SILVER 4 6 Gas A  Y CD MR C 10407 $16,700
TOYOTA CAMRY LE 2007 RED 4 4 Gas A  Y CD HT C 23051 $15,300
TOYOTA CAMRY LE 2007 SAND 4 4 Gas A  Y CD  C 16212 $16,200
TOYOTA CAMRY LE 2007 BEIGE 4 6 Gas A   CD   24827 $16,800

what will be the landing price in lag ??

average cost - $17000
Auction Fees -        750  (estimate including post-sales inspection)
Qimpex fee   -      1000
shipping       -      2000  (local/to Lagos)
Clearing       -      3333 (N400k @N120 to $1)

Total - approx. $22100

So this will cost you less than N3 million to get to your door.Let me know your plan so that we can set this up and knock it out .
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by blackmann(m): 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2008
Pls can you check out this VIN number? i'm not too sure it is correct as i cant guarantee that the guy i told to check it got it right, but here it is anyway.

43R-00029AS1801IDOT18M4331.

IT'S a honda accord 2001 model. thanx in advance.
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by Ivvie: 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2008
|
Re: Pls Help Me With This Vin Check by layifioren(m): 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2008
Ivvie:

If I could recollect, you termed me ignorant because I deemed a car plastic with reinforced beams and improperly used taxpayer to relay an opinion. That's why I replied in field argot - no disrespect.

My first car was a salvage vehicle in Louisiana and the state refused to register it. It wasn't disclosed to me and I started having problem from the third day. I used it for almost a semester and had spent almost the price I paid for it in repairs. It's a lesson learnt.

I won't discredit you in any way. Some people are smarter than others. There are people you can't fool even when they are asleep. Somebody mentioned different strokes for different folks. It isn't far from the truth. In everything, I require a certain level of perfection and my friends tell me that I am too specific in many things. That's true but doesn't mean those who aren't ain't as precise. If you are able to compress a $30,000 to $10,000 and still get the benefit of it as nothing happen, then you are grace because the vast majority aren't endowed with such privilege.

Peace

Ivvie,
My brother, I did not call you ignorant to disrepect you either. I did so because I felt there are/were some things you are unaware of. First, all vehicles made now adays are not as bodily strong as they used to be. Also, the reason for that is because they found out that harder shelled vehicles put more impacts on passengers during accident thus they made them softer so that the passengers would feel less impact. That's why newer vehicles have airbags almost everywhere. You said your first vehicle in Loiusiana was salvage and you could not register it. Well that's because someone messed up the paper work. Whoever fixes a vehicle with a salvage title is the one that is supposed to do the inspection with the DMV. Atleast that's the way it is in most states that I know. Finally, I'll give you tips to buying a with prior salvage:
First, you ensure that the person selling the vehicle already has the inspection done but the DMV. That is if the vehicle is already fixed. If the vehicle is not fixed yet, I won't advise you to buy it except you could fix it yourself or you know a professional that could fix it for you. Make sure whoever is going to fix the vehicle checks it first and keeps all the receipts to the parts used. When you go to the DMV, they'll want to see all the receipts to the parts used. Secondly, never buy a vehicle (salvage or not) without a proper inspection. I don't mind spending $150 to get a proper inspection. I mean detailed inspection. There are companies that specialise in doing inspections that would guarantee a vehicle they inspect for 6 months - 1 year. Also, if you're gonig to buy the vehicle from a "dealer", ensure they give you full guarantee on the vehicle for atleast a year. Make sure you read between the lines too. You know how things are here in America, they could word things in such a way that it would come back and bite you. Like I've said earlier, accidents are different from accidents. Stay away from vehicles with front end damage except if they are minor. I know I've typed alot and something(s) probably don't make much sense but if you need detailed/better explanation to some things just let me know. Take care!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2017 Model Toyota Highlander Le Toks Good Deal / Sparkling Tokunbo 2002 Mercedes Benz E320...price: N1.8m / Cleanest Honda End Of Discussion In Lagos - 52k Mileage - 08098508092

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.