Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics (27729 Views)

2012 Olympics: Regina George Readmitted After Drugs Clearance / 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures / Count-down To London 2012 Olympics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by CLIQBOY(m): 6:17am On Aug 06, 2012
Bolt don turn d tin to him birth right
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by EDDYIYKE(m): 6:50am On Aug 06, 2012
The Lightening Bolt all d way, the world's fastest man
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by swizz01(m): 7:07am On Aug 06, 2012
Pls hu came 2nd aπϑ 3rd i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ mens 100metres race......
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 06, 2012
In a country of 140million, can't we find pple dat run lyk dis??

Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by mrmofasa(m): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2012
The meaning of Usain just changed to 'fast'.

Now I have a second name for my first son.
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by airfinance(m): 8:23am On Aug 06, 2012
bin gbagbo: Of course i am all out for the jamaican brethren, BOLT, POWELL and Blake but that american GAY is plotting to spoil the party. . .
.. . .anywhich way who will pick the gold? i have a very wierd feeling that BLAKE is the man. . .what do u think?

[quote author=bin gbagbo]Of course i am all out for the jamaican brethren, BOLT, POWELL and Blake but that american GAY is plotting to spoil the party. . .
.. . .anywhich way who will pick the gold? i have a very wierd feeling that BLAKE is the man. . .what do u think?

[quote author=bin gbagbo]Of course i am all out for the jamaican brethren, BOLT, POWELL and Blake but that american GAY is plotting to spoil the party. . .
?

up JAMROCK!!!!
E be like say yu no sabi read for english. DEM say BOLT don win and yu dey yan anoda tin. Abeg go get glasses or make yu no watch NTA again abi na upside down blak and white yu dey watch sef
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by airfinance(m): 8:23am On Aug 06, 2012
bin gbagbo: Of course i am all out for the jamaican brethren, BOLT, POWELL and Blake but that american GAY is plotting to spoil the party. . .

?

up JAMROCK!!!!
E be like say yu no sabi read for english. DEM say BOLT don win and yu dey yan anoda tin. Abeg go get glasses or make yu no watch NTA again abi na upside down blak and white yu dey watch sef
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by memorycard1: 8:48am On Aug 06, 2012
Usain jet, sorry I mean Usain Bolt dis guy is confusing me wit his speed. Breaking his own record. Sorry for Gatlin nd Gay.
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by member479760: 8:48am On Aug 06, 2012
na long leg the guy dey use, this is unfair competition, too tall with long leg, 2 of his legs na 3 of those guys. Mathematically he didn't win this race.

one leg stretch
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by vislabraye(m): 8:52am On Aug 06, 2012
This is the most competitive sprint so far. 7 athletes ran sub 10 seconds. Powell would have ran sub 10 if not for injury.
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by member479760: 8:53am On Aug 06, 2012
na long leg the guy dey use, this is unfair competition, too tall with long leg, 2 of his legs na 3 of those guys. Mathematically he didn't win this race.

his 100M/one leg stretch is lesser than at lease the second guy base on time differential which means the guy is faster than him.

na ojoro!
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by erniok(m): 8:54am On Aug 06, 2012
nakedall: na long leg the guy dey use, this is unfair competition, too tall with long leg, 2 of his legs na 3 of those guys. Mathematically he didn't win this race.

one leg stretch
If na long legs, wetin u go talk for the jamo short engine that won women 100 meters

undecided
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by naturalwaves: 9:10am On Aug 06, 2012
Usain Bolt,that guy na fire....As far as the sprints is concerned,he has nothing to prove anymore.That race was so competitive.At a stage,it was like they all stood on a straight line.What a race!
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by Biggysmalls919(m): 9:18am On Aug 06, 2012
160million nigerians and yet no one can run in nigeria. Jamaica is not even up to 2 local govts put together in nigeria
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by megxo(m): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2012
dat guy is outta dis world........... bt y'all shud watch out for dat YOHAN BLAKE GUY>>>>>......... d dude too is fast men
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by megxo(m): 9:27am On Aug 06, 2012
bolt is d baddest guy.....he wasnt even lookin @ d oda guys, he was look at the TIME!!! shocked
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by sarutobie(m): 9:49am On Aug 06, 2012
When bolt runs,I get goose pimples and marvel at what the human body can achieve...
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by Ignatio(m): 9:56am On Aug 06, 2012
It's only in twit fights that Nigerians champion.
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by express101: 10:00am On Aug 06, 2012
shadrach77: can someone explain this to me - bolt's record of 9:58 was set at the last olympics so how can they call his 9:62 as the new olympic record - if it's the new olympic record, then what was the former olympic record?
He set the WR @ the World Championships in Berlin in 2009. Before now, the Olympic Record was 9.69, which he has now lowered to 9.63
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 06, 2012
The human body is beyond mechanics. The human mind is beyond computers. Nothing is unachievable with exercising the mind and the body.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by jiggo(m): 10:57am On Aug 06, 2012
Breaking News:
Findings revealed that Usain Bolt is a Nigerian, infact a Yoruba guy...Real name is Oseni Boluwatife. Alas, Naija has won gold. grin
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by AfroBlue(m): 11:21am On Aug 06, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

ok there is two things wrong...

we dont know who the guy threw the bottle at and second it landed behind blake. tongue

I cracked up laughing when I saw how the guy leaned over to see where it landed with his short self! grin grin grin grin

I was watching it live via stream but missed the incident.
Will Bolt go back to his pretty boo after the games? grin

BOLT TO GATLIN: ENOUGH TALK

Whatever Justin Gatlin said to get under Usain Bolt's skin probably wasn't a good idea.

After Bolt dusted Gatlin in the 100 final, he said the American was talking a little too loosely leading into the race.

"For me Justin has been saying a lot," Bolt says. "I wanted to run against him in the semifinals. I was praying to get him in my semifinals, but I didn't. People can talk a lot and say what they want, but showing up and doing what you got to do is a different thing. For me, it's all business."

Gatlin took the bronze, and was just fine with that.

"I went out there to challenge a mountain," he says.

BOLT TWEETS

Hours after winning a second consecutive Olympic gold in the 100 meters, Usain Bolt took a moment to tweet a message of support for injured Jamaican teammate Asafa Powell.

Bolt — whose handle is (at)usainbolt — wrote: "Respect bossy..hope u get well soon.. You started this Jamaican take over (at)officialasafa"

Powell, who held the 100 world record from 2005 until Bolt claimed it in 2008, pulled up with a groin injury Sunday and finished last in the dash. Bolt won in an Olympic-record 9.63 seconds.

What's not clear is whether Powell will be able to help Bolt and Jamaica try to defend their title in the 4x100 relay. That event's heats are Friday night.

"I got out of the starting blocks and stumbled," Powell said Sunday at the stadium. "I reinjured my groin and I couldn't push."

Usain Bolt Girlfriend

Rumor was that 25-year old Usain Bolt, the World’s fastest man, who is trying to defend his title in the 100 and 200 meters sprint race at the 2012 London Olympics, may have dumped his then girlfriend Lubica Slovak over the Olympics. But, did they really split for good?

Jamaican native Usain Bolt, better known as “Lightning Bolt,” is a five-time World and four-time Olympic gold medalist. He is the world record and Olympic record holder in the 100 meters, the 200 meters and (along with his teammates) the 4×100 meters relay.
Usain Bolt Girlfriend Lubica Slovak

Usain Bolt Girlfriend Lubica Slovak

On the other hand, 29-year old Lubica Slovak (born Lubica Kucerova), is a Slovakian-born fashion designer who resides in Jamaica.
Lubica Slovak

Lubica Slovak

According to reports, Usain Bolt and Lubica Slovak had been dating for over a year, and caused a controversy in Jamaica, when they were photographed kissing each other in local newspaper the Jamaican Observer.
Lubica Slovak Pictures

Lubica Slovak Pictures

The photo ignited a firestorm of disapproval from Black Jamaicans, bemoaning Black men’s “White woman complex.” Whether that contributed to his break up or his attempts to better concentrate on training for the Olympics is unknown, but while the Olympics is going on, they are not together, but may be back together when the Olympics is over.

Regarding the photo controversy, a Winston Frazier said: “Another one of our men snatched.”

“Out of all the girls on this island you pick a snowbunny.”

“These superstars will always disappoint if we depend on them to raise our racial identity.”

What do you think, was Usain Bolt’s love interest unfairly targeted?
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by niddamugu(m): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2012
sofa-dj:
My prediction...
bolt,blake,gatlin,gay

Congrats! Bro... You were Spot on!!!!! wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2012
onila: Asafa powell dont be 2 upset embarassed

U paved the way for Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake

u just need 2 retire and focus on your baby mama =yendi phillips grin

when you start running with youngies like usain . .dey start 2 forget you were once a legend tongue

Where did you read that from? I took time to surf the net and discovered they used to be an item but no more. They split last year.

She is preggy for Chino Macgregor sometime, a musician in Jamaica; that is her baby daddy not Asafa Powell. Btw, she is stunning!
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 06, 2012
executinal: Usain Bolt wins 100m final & sets new Olympic record of 9.63 seconds.
Is this guy a human being??Oh my God,anoda record afta wat he did in china??Usain,u r d real man.
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
rhema4u: In a country of 140million, can't we find pple dat run lyk dis??
I can run faster dan him if nigeria ws anytin to write home about.
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by aribisala0(m): 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
his start was NOT that slow! his reaction time was [b]quickest among the 3 medal winners [/b]and 5th overall
Statisticians would say that was MEDIAN a sort of AVERAGE cool
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by greatknght: 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
shadrach77: can someone explain this to me - bolt's record of 9:58 was set at the last olympics so how can they call his 9:62 as the new olympic record - if it's the new olympic record, then what was the former olympic record?

Dear shadrach, at beijing2008 olympics, bolt set a 9.69s 100m olympic and world record together. In the IATA championships in 2009, he broke the world record to 9.58s. However, olympics run at 4yrs interval, hence his new record of 9.63s in london 2012 surpasses the beijing2008 record of 9.69s.Abeg leave all this grammar wey i dey speak. last olympic record was 9.69s, the new record is 9.63s. i hope this solves ur issue.
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by aribisala0(m): 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
greatknght:

Dear
shadrach, at beijing2008 olympics, bolt set a 9.69s 100m olympic and world record together. In the IATA championships in 2009, he broke the world record to 9.58s. [s]However, olympics run at 4yrs interval, hence his new record of 9.63s in london 2012 surpasses the beijing2008 record of 9.69s.Abeg leave all this grammar wey i dey speak. last olympic record was 9.69s, the new record is 9.63s. i hope this solves ur issue.[/s]
no long tin grin Not sure what difference it would make if olympics ran at 23 month intervals
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by ekpebasseyjam: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
ABI NA ONLY THIS GUY SABI RUN WERE EVERY TIME HIM GO DEY CARRY FIRST
Re: Usain Bolt Wins Gold In Men's 100m At 2012 Olympics by ekpebasseyjam: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
MAKE HIM GIVE CHANCE FOR OTHER PEOPLE NA OR ABI NA HIM BIRTH RIGHT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Our Tactics Made Life Difficult For South Africa, Says Nigeria Coach Rohr / Lamine Diaby-fadiga Sacked By Nice After Stealing Team-Mate's Watch / Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.