Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,779 members, 7,841,035 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

DSTV Increases Tariffs Again - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / DSTV Increases Tariffs Again (34814 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by alaoeri: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
Decryptor: There is a chip in the decoder which when soldered out, and read with a device on a computer enables you to rewrite some codes in the chip. that chip is responsible for reading the tariff information of your smart card. Once you rewrite, put in your smart card even without a subsription and you are live!
Ewooooooo shocked nigerians never seize τ̲̅ȍ amaze, how una discovered this?
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Decryptor(m): 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
the.game:
for those interested in watching dstv for free, contact me through pm
It's people like u that makes things difficult for us. Person wey dey work for DStv go call you one day say make u come do am for am and you will "mumushiously" go not know that plained clothes policemen are waiting for you in the arranged venue angry

4 Likes

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2012
Decryptor: Oh really? How do i know if you are not a DStv staff?
You wouldnt know that, cos I cant prove am not. But let me give you an idea to do it yourself. Go into partnership with real estate developers and get license to install and run satellite TV in estates. The occupants dont need to go to any DSTV office, you will instal everything in all the houses before purchases and lease and you have an office in the estate where they come to pay to you directly. You dont need to work with just DSTV alone, other cables also, so you can indemnify yourself. This business can generate you about 5m monthly if you have my connects in the real estate business.
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by akintun: 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
I opened a thread 2 yrs ago on d need 4 d regulators to force dstv to sell its premium sport station Supersport 3 at a reasonable price to other cable stations. I was abused. This can never happen in developed countries. Dey know how to protect consumers.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by born2boink(m): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
I only watch sttartime when I am sick and why on earth will I pay 5k for TV, will I be watching all stations at the same time? even 2k I pay for startime still boilinng me because nairaland news is even faster than CNN news and arsenal match will only attract me 100 naira per view weekend in football centre and 400 # per month except if their is champion league which may attract 700# per month in view centre, we should learn to be wise because I still complain that 2k startime because I can do without TV but cannot do without internet due to business and friends

6 Likes

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by purplekayc(m): 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
otokx: When there is no competition? What do you expect?
Wetin concern me? I dey use my tv oo grin
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Decryptor(m): 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
@Billonaire, sounds sweet but risky! Doing that in a place like Abuja where Multichoice has a major office has some bounce-back effects. I prefer the small change i get from students i do it for who pay me jointly. Infact i'm even thinking of leaving that area because of one bad-belle guy who runs a viewing centre in my area. I dnt know how but he smelt a rat and is threatening to report me simply because i am spoiling bizness for him. I like guys like you cos u thinking is monopolistic. Good one though wink
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by born2boink(m): 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
DStv increases price
Jonathan remove fuel subsidy
Boko haram has bomb church
PHCN fees increases by 200%
JTF and boko haram are shooting
JTF arrest Kidnappers in Naija Delta
A man found with baby head for ritual in ogun state
Gang rape in university
Part time institution cancelled when we are still praying for high level of literacy
Nigeria could not even win bronze in in olympic
Super chicken fail to qualify for nation cup

****when will things change for good self*****

5 Likes

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by purplekayc(m): 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
[quote author=Bob_E]What happened to HITV?[/quo
te]

Yep some 1 plz answer dz!! angry
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Adabar: 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
greall1: RUNDOWN

it has HIV
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Adabar: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
[quotBob_E: What happened to HITV?
it has HIV
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
Decryptor: It's people like u that makes things difficult for us. Person wey dey work for DStv go call you one day say make u come do am for am and you will "mumushiously" go not know that plained clothes policemen are waiting for you in the arranged venue angry
am just trying to help those that need it...so y? the insult
after una go talk say person stingy. nd even if what i said was wrong u could have corrected me with brotherly love rather than insult....SMH
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by finefabby(m): 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
This Dstv guy collected about 7k from me to change my decoder that blew up,only for them to give me back the same decoder telling me its for changing an i.c.I went back home only for the decoder to blow up after two weeks. Goin back there they still change i.c again. angry after my suscription for that month expired,I just pack the decoder. I'm waiting for the futbal season to begin before I subscribe but with this increase,I think I will need someone to reconfigure that chip for me. Please if u can do it,send me a mail let's talk price.11k nor be beans again angry
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Decryptor(m): 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
the.game:
am just trying to help those that need it...so y? the insult
after una go talk say person stingy. nd even if what i said was wrong u could have corrected me with brotherly love rather than insult....SMH
I'm sorry if i sounded harsh but i was only trying to save u from future trouble. All i was tryin to explain is that you dnt just say things like this on a faceless forum like NL. i knew a guy who was into this in Enugu and ran into trouble cos he was so desperate for d cash

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by delimit(m): 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
the.game:

am interested,pls mail me delimit11ng@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
Billyonaire: You wouldnt know that, cos I cant prove am not. But let me give you an idea to do it yourself. Go into partnership with real estate developers and get license to install and run satellite TV in estates. The occupants dont need to go to any DSTV office, you will instal everything in all the houses before purchases and lease and you have an office in the estate where they come to pay to you directly. You dont need to work with just DSTV alone, other cables also, so you can indemnify yourself. This business can generate you about 5m monthly if you have my connects in the real estate business.

Have you ever Witnessed someone sentenced to jail term before? SMH undecided

1 Like

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by BigBenoski(m): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
Bob_E: What happened to HITV?
they lost epl rights and death came speedily
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by purplekayc(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
BigBenoski: they lost epl rights and death came speedily
They are weak .. grin so without epl they cannot operate?
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by xterra2(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
Decryptor: Oh really? How do i know if you are not a DStv staff?
I don't know about him but for me am not
Am a student I don't even have a job
Pls I want this, should I give you my email ? If you live in abuja I can give you the address of where I live just so to be sure
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by omosexy1: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
This is so annoying the last time I spoke with a customer representative in Multi-choice I was told the increase would be N10,500 from N10,000. Only for me to see N11,000. If Multi-choice is churning out new channels like African Magic Entertainment am I to suffer for this? I don't watch Africa Magic and I don't even know what the new African Entertainment channels are like. Multi-choice should come up with a sport package, this amount is outrageous compared with the number of channels they have in their bouquet. N11,000 in a year translates to N132,000.
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by freethug: 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
the.game:
o boy e mail me at johnadoh@yahoo.com make we talk.
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by scopusng(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
So people still pay to watch dstv? I watch my for free for 7 months now 40k u are done.
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
Decryptor: I'm sorry if i sounded harsh but i was only trying to save u from future trouble. All i was tryin to explain is that you dnt just say things like this on a faceless forum like NL. i knew a guy who was into this in Enugu and ran into trouble cos he was so desperate for d cash
thanks for the warning
i will thread with caution

1 Like

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by BigBenoski(m): 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
Youngk: pls landers,who knows about the metro digital television that shows all live football via an arab tv station?,pls i want the cost of purchasing their decoder and their diffrent tarrifs .thanks
their monthly subscription is still #3500. I'm not sure about the cost of d decoder. If u stay in ph, u can check them out at 1st artillary (opposite NIIT). If u ask me guys, metrodigital is da bomb. U get 2 watch a lot of movie channels, epl,champions league and plenty others. 46 channels in all, i think...
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by BigBenoski(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
purplekayc:
They are weak .. grin so without epl they cannot operate?
that was the only competitive edge they gat. Outside sports, they were just like startimes
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by dadicvila(m): 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2012
scopusng: So people still pay to watch dstv? I watch my for free for 7 months now 40k u are done.
me too
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Lordave: 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2012
2008524386 zenith bank. If you need DSTV cheat.
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by omosexy1: 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
dadicvila: me too

Like seriously if this is possible, please share the secret. I am willingly
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by loneytunes(m): 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
BigBenoski: their monthly subscription is still #3500. I'm not sure about the cost of d decoder. If u stay in ph, u can check them out at 1st artillary (opposite NIIT). If u ask me guys, metrodigital is da bomb. U get 2 watch a lot of movie channels, epl,champions league and plenty others. 46 channels in all, i think...

Bros, do you know their office in Lagos? Or can you help with their phone no? I wouldn't mind contacting them.

@OP, to me DSTV is rubbish. I cannot imagine why i have to pay so much. I think the reason why they keep increasing tariff regularly apart from competition, is the absence of protest. Nigerians are satisfied paying alot for it. I told a colleague and he said God will continue to provide. Imagine! undecided
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by pat077: 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
scopusng: So people still pay to watch dstv? I watch my for free for 7 months now 40k u are done.
may be na cctv u dey watch.
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by livapul86(m): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2012
Youngk: pls landers,who knows about the metro digital television that shows all live football via an arab tv station?,pls i want the cost of purchasing their decoder and their diffrent tarrifs .thanks
Unfortunately if you are in Lagos, you can't get Metrodigital but if you're in Enugu, Port harcourt and maybe Onitsha, Metrodigital is ok. Yes, they show the Epl and Ucl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Price Of Dstv Walka / How To Make My Gotv Work In A New Location, Moved Away From My Former Location / Tracking Tips Of Football/sport Channels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.