Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. (4323 Views)

What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene / Where Can I Get 48 Laws Of Power Ebook / Marchiavelli's 48 Laws Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by lilvonz(m): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2007
Is there anyone who has read 48 laws of power by Robert Greene.
I bought it a few days ago
That book is the bomb.
But there is a problem i'm facing wit this book, everyone who sees it wit me tell me it's full of hard rules that can destroy or modify your life in a negative way.
They further said the rules worked for pple like Hitler, Idi amin and such ruthless leaders.
Can someone advice me on this book.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by nawa1(m): 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2007
most people practice the 3rd law, knowingly or unknowingly. beware! they will use 'smock screens' to distract you. in that case, you may apply the 21st law.

check the 28th law and read it now.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by lilvonz(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2007
u seem to have read this book well.
Can u really tell me what you have gained from the book?
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by nawa1(m): 12:41pm On Dec 18, 2007
i've gained from the 4th law
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by lilvonz(m): 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2007
and what does the 4th law says
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by nawa1(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2007
"ALWAYS SAY LESS THEN NECESSARY"
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by lilvonz(m): 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2007
the rule that i enjoyed most and contributed to my life is rule 28
ENTER ACTION WITH BOLDNESS
Sometimes, i feel i'm so bold that i need to withdraw, but i just kip moving on.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by realdemi(f): 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2007
@poster
If u've read through the book and you are a God-fearing person, then u'll know that if u practise every law in it, u'll soon become an Adolf Hitler or an Idi Amin. grin grin
The book is simply mercenary.

The only thing is, take those compliant with your belief system and trash the rest.
the 4th Law is okay!
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by Xolokristo(m): 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2007
48 Laws Of Power by Robert Greene is a good book, but you need to align it with your Principles and value system before putting it into practice,
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by coolkaboom(m): 9:04pm On Dec 24, 2007
d book is evil.my supervisor at work had been so engrossed in d crap and i had a chance to go thru some of d material , i didnt find it funny realising that the maga had bn tryin some of d experiments on me.i generally stopped being his tool and withdrew into a distant place.i turned on d screws and started some experiments of my own.he called 4 a peace meetin soon after.shmuck
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by richness(m): 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2007
the man's value is questionable. robert green also wrote the book power of seduction. i gone through the book and i can fault some laws there.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by Tylenol: 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2008
I have read the book and it's okay, I guess.

I'm not really interested in self-help and/or how-to books but I read this nonetheless because of the hype.

What actually interested me most were the stories which demonstrated good and bad uses of the "laws."

For example, the first, 'Never Outshine the Master' and how Fouquet the French Finance Minister outshone King Louis and the repercussions. Also, the one about always finding a scapegoat or blaming someone else (can't really remember the actual phrase) where the Emperor in one Chinese Dynasty asked to "borrow" the head of the army food worker when he feared a mutinous hungry soldiers.

Those were the interesting bits of the book.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by abawa(m): 10:33am On Jan 10, 2008
no person or author or even abook is completely ok by all ramifications.
What matters reslly is your intrest in the person or the book.

Read the Art of Seduction after The 48 Laws.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by abawa(m): 11:07am On Jan 10, 2008
To all lovers of Robert Green[size=8pt][/size] Accept the fact that nothing is certain and no law is fixed! The best way to protect yourself is to be as fluid and formless as water. Never bet on stability or lasting order. Everything changes!
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by abawa(m): 11:12am On Jan 10, 2008
[/quote][quote author=richness link=topic=101143.msg1794697#msg1794697 date=1198611255]
the man's value is questionable. robert green also wrote the book power of seduction. i gone through the book and i can fault some laws there.

To those people in my life who have so skillfully used the game of power to manipulate, torture, and cause me pain over the years, I bear you no grudges and I thank you for supplying me with inspiration for The 48 laws of Power!

Those are the words of Green in the acknowledgement.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by atutupoyo(f): 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2008
I get my principles from books I read and this has helped a long way, 48 laws of power is awesome, imbibe some of the laws to ur principles and u are going to make it. Though my mum said is demonic. I feel the bible shoud be one's source of inspiration. I like Laws 2, 4, 7,16, 40 and 41.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by vikiviko(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2008
Its a wonderful book for men aspiring to the top.
People are always skeptical and uniformed about books like this because its a psycho philosophical book.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by kingsikaz(m): 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2008
dear ,
that is the book for greatminds. if you want 2 be one continue digesting it, truly the major problem with those who discover d power in that book is that they get drunk with power

and you know that" Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

just be careful and make use of the positive, world-building secrets in da book.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by darebabs: 11:51pm On Feb 01, 2008
the book is for people with strong minds who are ready to take the lead in this life.
To take the lead in the world of this you dont always have to do the good things.
but its a great book for great minds, am in love with.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by MyJoe: 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2009
real_demi:

@poster
If u've read through the book and you are a God-fearing person, then u'll know that if u practise every law in it, u'll soon become an Adolf Hitler or an Idi Amin. grin grin
The book is simply mercenary.

The only thing is, take those compliant with your belief system and trash the rest.
the 4th Law is okay!

Right. I read it to fortify myself against "smart guys".
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by Engine234: 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2009
una don de fear me naw o! i just wanted to go buy this book at all cost but now with all thiese negative comments,
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2009
I must state here emphatically that The 48 Laws of Power is a book written with a third eye. Mark my words. Robert Green has been one author who is so drawn to infusing elements of mysticism into his works. Check out the follow up to that book like The 33 Strategies of War, The Art of Seduction and his new release The 50 Law which he wrote with American Hip Hop mafia, 50 Cent.

While I commend his research and mastery of his art, I also want to advise everyone to know the kind of books he or she reads so you dont get your spirit 'soiled'.

(walks away)
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by meggieblac: 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2009
The book's great but all the laws do not apply to everybody. so it's better to pick those that are useful to you and leave the rest. i learnt a lot though.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
@poster
we all look but see different,im not gonna make a choice for u,,but books like these are not to be misapplied cuz damn,its all about "deception"so any mistake is gonna cause u a whole load of shit
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by ec3l(m): 2:37am On Nov 17, 2009
[color=#000099][/color] where can i the book?
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by AjanleKoko: 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2009
Get hold of The Power Principle by Blaine Lee.
That's a much balanced view, if you are looking at an ethical use of power.
Re: 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene. by GRACEWORDBOOKS: 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!
In GRACEWORD BOOKS, April is special to us as we celebrate the birthday of the FOUNDERS/CEOs. Therefore the CEO E-BOOKS COLLECTION goes for *#1000* from April 7 - April 31. Avail yourself of this opportunity to celebrate with us.
CEO E-BOOKS COLLECTION. To get these 30 eBooks, Call/Text/Whatsapp Graceword Books on 08069764864, 07068288814.
1. 101 Amazing ways to say “I Love You” ---------Cucan Pemo
2. 100 Fastest-growing careers --------- Michael Farr
3. A Survival Guide for working with Bad Bosses ----- Gini Graham Scott
4. Blue Ocean Strategy ----- W. Chan Kim etal
5. Boards That Deliver ----- Ram Charan
6. How To Be Effective At Work ----- Arlene S. Hirsch
7. How To Succeed As A Lifestyle Entrepreneur ----- Gary Schine
8. Money Mastery ----- Alan M. Willams
9. Career Satisfaction from Within ------ Christopher R.E
10. Gurus on People Management ----- Sultan Kermally
11. How To Act Like A CEO ----- D.A. Benton
12. Speak Like A CEO ----- Suzanne Bates
13. Mind Tools: Essential Skills for an Excellent Career ----- James Manktelow
14. The Effective Executive ----- Peter F. Drucker
15. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People ----- Stephen R. Covey
16. What The Best CEOs Know ----- Jeffrey A. Krames
17. Your Successful Project Management Career ----- Ronald B. Cagle
18. Why CEO fail ---- Peter C. Cairo etal
19. Change your Mind, Change your Life
20. The DNA Relationships----- Dr. Gary Smalley
21. Getting started in Six Sigma
22. Golf and the Game of Leadership ----- Donald E. McHugh
23. Influence without Authority ----- Allan R. Cohen etal
24. As a Man Thinketh ----- James A. Allen
25. You can choose To Be Rich ----- Robert Kiyosaki
26. The Greatest Money-making Secret in History ----- Joe Vitale
27. Awaken The Giant Within ---- Anthony Robbins
28. Art of Motivation
29. My Big Idea ---- Rachel Bridge
30. How To Overcome Failure and Achieve Success ----- Napeleon Hill

(1) (Reply)

Grace, The House Girl Asanwa Baby (A Short Romantic Story) / (the Amazing Son-in-law) The Charismatic Charlie Wade / BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.