Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Seven Cameroonian Athletes Have Absconded - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Seven Cameroonian Athletes Have Absconded (752 Views)

Four Russian Athletes Have Tested Possitive To The Banned Drug Meldonium / Seven Cameroon Olympic Athletes Have Gone AWOL / London 2012: 7 Cameroonian Athletes Abscond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Seven Cameroonian Athletes Have Absconded by justwise(m): 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
Seven Cameroonian athletes have absconded while in Britain for the Olympics, officials say.

The seven, including five boxers, are suspected of having decided to stay in Europe for economic reasons, Reuters news agency reports.

A reserve goalkeeper for the women's soccer team, Drusille Ngako, was the first to disappear, the agency quoted Cameroon's Olympic mission as saying.

In June, an Ethiopian torchbearer, Natnael Yemane, 15, also disappeared.

He went missing from a hotel in Nottingham.

"What began as rumour has finally turned out to be true," Team Cameroon mission head David Ojong said, in a letter sent to the Cameroonian sports ministry.

"Seven Cameroonian athletes who participated at the 2012 London Olympic Games have disappeared from the Olympic Village."

Ngako was the first to disappear while her teammates left for Coventry for their last preparatory encounter against New Zealand, he said.

Her disappearance was followed by that of swimmer Paul Ekane Edingue and five boxers eliminated from the games.

Thomas Essomba, Christian Donfack Adjoufack, Abdon Mewoli, Blaise Yepmou Mendouo and Serge Ambomo, disappeared on Sunday from the Olympic village, Mr Ojong said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19167033
Re: Seven Cameroonian Athletes Have Absconded by henrychubayo: 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2012
I just saw it now in bbc. Its a very bad news for that country. I certainly will affect future participants of sporting events from that country. Checking situations in london now, i think they will be apprehended and deported very soon.
Re: Seven Cameroonian Athletes Have Absconded by Vicjustice: 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
henrychubayo: I just saw it now in bbc. Its a very bad news for that country. I certainly will affect future participants of sporting events from that country. Checking situations in london now, i think they will be apprehended and deported very soon.
Not just from that country, but from any other (black) African country.
Africa and Africans; such a pity embarassed
Re: Seven Cameroonian Athletes Have Absconded by mukina2: 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2012

(1)

CAF Sacks Referee That Officiated Ghana Vs Burkina Faso Match. / How I Foresaw Super Eagles’ Victory – Guru Maharaj Ji / Business Mogul Jay-z To Sign Neymar To His Roc Nation Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.