Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,961 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

STOCK MARKET WATCH - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / STOCK MARKET WATCH (2839 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / The Real Problem: Nigerian Stock Market / Stock Market: Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2012
Hello Nls,
i tend to use this thread to educate and enlighten us abt d hapnings in stock market such as d prices of shares, latest news in stock market and advice on which shares to buy. Pls useful n educative advice frm stockbrokers,shareholders, economists and others dt ar current abt stock market wil b appreciated. I wnt to start by askin a questn a frnd askd me; "i wnt to start buying shares, as a newbie in stock market, i am finding it difficult in find d sector n shares to start wit. Pls NLs ur advice n suggestns wil b appreciated. N.B a broker told him dt 1can start wit any amount"
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by feelamong(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2012
Yes You can start with any amount....As for me the stocks to watch now are FBN and International Breweries.

I am choosing FBN cos of the recent increase in CRR by the CBN...authomatically this implies that banks with good deposit base will be making loads of money from the Interbank where rates have spiked to as much as 17% in the Overnite borrowing.

In the other sectors, International Breweries (Owned by SAB MILLER of South Africa) came out recently with an excellent result...over 1000% increase in PAT from the results of smae time last year; moreover tehir Onitsha brewery is about to commence operations... and as you know in theis country we dey SHACK well!!

Happy Investing!!
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 9:09am On Aug 08, 2012
@feelamonge, thanks very much for d info. Wht is there price per share? because i believ pple wil lik to knw dt. Wht abt GTB?
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by vulpeslopez(m): 9:36am On Aug 08, 2012
@ feelamong,r u buyin 2 keep for d long run?FBN is like 12 now which is on d High side considerin the fact that some of us bought it @ 7.20 some months back and sold it @ 11,it is a good bank 2 buy into don't get mi wrong but I just don't see FBN gettin to 15

1 Like

Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by feelamong(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
Toomaxi: @feelamonge, thanks very much for d info. Wht is there price per share? because i believ pple wil lik to knw dt. Wht abt GTB?

FBN goes for about N12, while Inter Brew goes for about N6.20. GT is not a bad stock to buy, their excellent corporate governance gives them that premiun most investors are ready to pay for them. I always have GT as part of my retirement stocks for now. But at the present price, i think its a bit overpriced.
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by feelamong(m): 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
vulpeslopez: @ feelamong,r u buyin 2 keep for d long run?FBN is like 12 now which is on d High side considerin the fact that some of us bought it @ 7.20 some months back and sold it @ 11,it is a good bank 2 buy into don't get mi wrong but I just don't see FBN gettin to 15

Personally I always look at the run term..but then if there is profit to be made in the short term I dont hesitate to take my profit!!

Good move on the FBN you bought and sold earlier....
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
U guys ar wonderful, u might nt knw dt u ar indirectly advice 1 or 2 to financial freedom pls keep it up. @vulpeslopez, y do u assert dt FBN wil nt get to 15? Dt inter brew wil b a good öne wit there new company in onisha. But guys wht abt other sectors lik oil etc?
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
Pls market analysts ur people's help ar highly needed nw cos my brother want to make a mistake. He's abt to buy Access shares whch is at 7.4 per sh nw bt i told him instead dt he should go for UBA or Diamond because of Access share price depreciatn . Pls i need ur advice wit reasons
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by feelamong(m): 9:45am On Aug 14, 2012
Toomaxi: Pls market analysts ur people's help ar highly needed nw cos my brother want to make a mistake. He's abt to buy Access shares whch is at 7.4 per sh nw bt i told him instead dt he should go for UBA or Diamond because of Access share price depreciatn . Pls i need ur advice wit reasons

We have seen the good results declared by bothe UBA and Access bank in their Half year results. In the long term they are all ok to buy.

As for Access, I will tread with caution, although at the moment they are one of the biggest banks in Nigeria, moreover their EuroBond Floatation was a major success thus the prospect of doing more foreign currency transactions at less cost..however this alsoo comes with the risk of currency devaluation since the core of their business is being done in Naira.

In all I will go for Access bank as they have a greater propsect of growing their earnings better.
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 11:25am On Sep 14, 2012
feelamong: Yes You can start with any amount....As for me the stocks to watch now are FBN and International Breweries.

I am choosing FBN cos of the recent increase in CRR by the CBN...authomatically this implies that banks with good deposit base will be making loads of money from the Interbank where rates have spiked to as much as 17% in the Overnite borrowing.

In the other sectors, International Breweries (Owned by SAB MILLER of South Africa) came out recently with an excellent result...over 1000% increase in PAT from the results of smae time last year; moreover tehir Onitsha brewery is about to commence operations... and as you know in theis country we dey SHACK well!!

Happy Investing!!
@feelamong, i respect u, ur analysis is working, interbrew is around N11. Guy whch other stock is nxt and do u get dt 1derful analysis
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by feelamong(m): 11:38am On Sep 14, 2012
Toomaxi: @feelamong, i respect u, ur analysis is working, interbrew is around N11. Guy whch other stock is nxt and do u get dt 1derful analysis

For now..all am buying is OANDO and Sterling Bank!

Any moment from now, I will take my profit on International Brewries and move to japaul oil plc!
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
feelamong:

For now..all am buying is OANDO and Sterling Bank!

Any moment from now, I will take my profit on International Brewries and move to japaul oil plc!
y ds three? Ur reasons for chosing them? Are u anticipatn depreciatn of interbrew shares
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by osram(m): 7:55am On Sep 15, 2012
@all Pls what is d current share price of A.I.T SHARE,my mum bot wen they did dia i.p.o bt up til nw she av nt receivd anytin...any info wud b appreciated tnx!
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
osram: @all Pls what is d current share price of A.I.T SHARE,my mum bot wen they did dia i.p.o bt up til nw she av nt receivd anytin...any info wud b appreciated tnx!
d price is 0.50
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by osram(m): 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2012
Toomaxi: d price is 0.50
shit...she bot it @5naira pa share and nw its jst 0.50*shocked* please how can she sell it?
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by lancee(m): 11:40pm On Sep 19, 2012
Pls i need more information about why japaul is a good buy
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
@feelamong we all are waiting for your reason and advice, pls speak up. we love ur analysis.
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by vulpeslopez(m): 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2012
@ Feelamong,nuff respect sir,totally agreed with u on d japaul oil, @ 0.60k it is on the low side still seeing Japaul oil gettin to 0.90k before NOv.

1 Like

Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2012
vulpeslopez: @ Feelamong,nuff respect sir,totally agreed with u on d japaul oil, @ 0.60k it is on the low side still seeing Japaul oil gettin to 0.90k before NOv.
ur reason?
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by greatmag(m): 6:24am On Sep 23, 2012
Am a newbie in this business i want to start investing and trade on shares. Can someone give me step to step guild line on how to start, i will be grateful.
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2012
great-mag:
Am a newbie in this business i want to start investing and trade on shares. Can someone give me step to step guild line on how to start, i will be grateful.
very simple,just go meet a stock broker,he will help u open a cscs account, then if u hav a company in mind that u want to buy there share or he can advice u on companies u can buy theirs depending your plan either long or short term.
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by GlobalVisionSA: 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
I'm a South African!!! 95% of the population retire poor because we were tought that we need 2go2 school and work hard to get what we want in life. Guess wat that's true, however, there r other ways to make money besides selling drugs or anything dirty.

When u want 2 buy/sell shares, there is no need to call a financial adviser/broker whatsoever. There r companies who train indivials on how to personally trade directly to the Stock Market. When u buy shares through a Bank or some company, you can only sell them after some time but if you do it yourself, you can do that daily!!! I'm tired of people who hide information just because they want to get rich alone.

There are millionaires in SA through trading and I'm telling u, it's working. I resigned from my job and started trading, believe I don't regret coz I'm financially free!!!!
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by sellydion: 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hey, We have heard enough of the above. There is nothing that make money like go to school. All boils down to exposures. Stock market is educated guess. If you miss it - you burn your fingers if you get it- you shout for joy. All speculations are very risky. Always buy a business not the noise. Buy into long hull not the the short. I value school and as part of exposure I trade stocks. Develop a portfolio of investment assets with varing risk profiles.
1. Property
2. Stocks
3. Business
4. School
5. Economic trees-( Palm trees, Cocoa, etc)

You may find financial life easier and above all prepare to meet your God--- Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by thedave: 8:31am On Oct 12, 2012
Pls how do I Open a CSCS account without a broker ? I reside @ Enugu. Thanks
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by feelamong(m): 11:47am On Oct 12, 2012
guy u cant open a CSCS account without using a Stock broking firm!

go to any of the big banks in Enugu and tell them to direct you to their stock broking subsidiaries
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by javijabor: 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2012
Hello all thanks for all the useful info, please if i buy stocks and i want to sell or buy them how long does it take? and can you do it yourself?
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by bigx(m): 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
Nice one! Pls who can recommend a broker located in Port Harcourt I can use for retail quantities? The one I use currently is in lagos and difficult to deal with from here.
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 11:41am On Sep 08, 2013
Helo guys i need ur advice i bought FBN stock at 12.6 last yr and is at N15, am no longer comfortable wit its fallin rate, i want to sell it whts ur take? And if u agree dt i should sell whch stock do u advice me to buy?
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by feelamong(m): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
Toomaxi: Helo guys i need ur advice i bought FBN stock at 12.6 last yr and is at N15, am no longer comfortable wit its fallin rate, i want to sell it whts ur take? And if u agree dt i should sell whch stock do u advice me to buy?

first of all..what was ur reason for buying FBN? has ur targets been reached? why the sudden change in plans?

anyway, if you see better oppurtunities and need to move for it.. why not?
Re: STOCK MARKET WATCH by Toomaxi(m): 12:07am On Sep 13, 2013
feelamong:

first of all..what was ur reason for buying FBN? has ur targets been reached? why the sudden change in plans?

anyway, if you see better oppurtunities and need to move for it.. why not?
jst because of d continuous fall in price

(1) (Reply)

CNC Routing Services In Lagos / 100x200 For Sale In Arougba Community, Benin City. Edo State - #4.5m Asking / How Do Arbitrage Traders Buy Coins Since Naija Cards No Work on Foreign Sites?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.