Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

To RCCG Members, Leadership And Administration - Lagos / Ibadan Express Traffic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To RCCG Members, Leadership And Administration - Lagos / Ibadan Express Traffic (1769 Views)

RCCG Repairs Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Welcome To RCCG Exclusive Social Access RCCG With All The Latest News And Inform / RCCG Members Let's Meet Here - How Was The Service Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To RCCG Members, Leadership And Administration - Lagos / Ibadan Express Traffic by Goshen360(m): 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2012
Calvary greetings to the members, leadership and administration of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).

This article and suggestion came as a result of my chat with a friend this morning, traveling the Lagos-Ibadan express road of Nigeria and was held in a heavy traffic for hours due to the yearly convention of the above mentioned church organization. It has become a normal occurrence whenever the above mentioned organization gathers together for worship in their usual programmes such as Holy Ghost Service on every first Friday of each month, August yearly convention and other national/international programmes. Many years back, before I left Nigeria for the United States, I often experience the same traffic and it became so irritating to me that I had to be held in a heavy traffic because of an organization gathering to worship God. Don't get me wrong. I am also a believer and once a member of the RCCG during my polytechnic days in Offa, Kwara state of Nigeria. However, I do believe we should not constitute a barrier to traffic on national roads that is meant for other citizens of the country. Hence, I believe it is the responsibility of the leadership and administration to solve this problem without waiting on the government for too long a time.

Suggested Solution

In my humble opinion. I believe this traffic problem is cause by the church organization due to their gathering for worship as they enjoy freedom of worship. Hence, it is in my humble opinion that the problem must be solved by RCCG. It doesn't make sense to hold other commuters in a heavy traffic simply because we want to worship our God. As much as we have freedom of religion to worship our God, other also have their rights and freedom to enjoy the government facilities as the same citizens. I hereby put forward suggestions that will eradicate or reduce traffic on Lagos-Ibadan Express road whenever the organization have their meetings.

This is what I believe is a simple solution. The church organization don't have to wait for the government to expand the road by two lanes that will divert cars into the redemption camp off the main express road. I believe when two additional lanes is added to the main express road as it is now, this will facilitate the movement on cars for the redeemed members who are turning into the camp to stay off the road from the beginning to ending of the redemption land allocation. Hence, from the beginning to the ending of redemption camp's land, the road should be expanded by two addition lanes which will be used by redeemed members whenever they are diverting into the camp rather than sharing same two lane express road with other commuters who are not diverting into the redemption camp.

This suggestion as we know might otherwise affect some of the facilities that had been built in the past by the organization. One reason is, there are some structure built too close the expressway and such might need to be moved back a little farther to the expressway. I believe it will be a wise thing to do in the long run because, it will solve the problem of heavy traffic often experienced to the members of RCCG and other road users.

I hereby appeal to the members, leadership and administration of RCCG to kindly look into this traffic issue and the above suggestion. Thank you and God bless.
Re: To RCCG Members, Leadership And Administration - Lagos / Ibadan Express Traffic by tpia5: 5:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
the solution is building some kind of rail or tram system that will enable people to bypass the highways.

either the govt or private entities can do this.
Re: To RCCG Members, Leadership And Administration - Lagos / Ibadan Express Traffic by AlimiOpeyemi: 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
This is aa very good idea. I will discussed with the leadership to see how we can raise tithe and offering to do that! Thanks for the advise

1 Like

Re: To RCCG Members, Leadership And Administration - Lagos / Ibadan Express Traffic by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
Alimi Opeyemi: This is aa very good idea. I will discussed with the leadership to see how we can raise tithe and offering to do that! Thanks for the advise

grin grin grin
Re: To RCCG Members, Leadership And Administration - Lagos / Ibadan Express Traffic by PastorKun(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
Alimi Opeyemi: This is aa very good idea. I will discussed with the leadership to see how we can raise tithe and offering to do that! Thanks for the advise

The leadership would not use their tithe money to spend on anything that would not provide luxury for themselves or yield a good return on investment.

(1) (Reply)

God Saved Me Life This Morning In Lagos / Jesus Christ IS NOT God - The Conclusion and a Gripping rebuttal / Conspiracy.....it Was All An Elaborate Ploy To Derail Nairaland Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.