Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,458 members, 7,954,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:38 AM

Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 (62509 Views)

Jeffrey Akoh Is The Winner Of Mtn Project Fame 8.0(photos) / Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 / MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Dhelake: sure ... Buh a non-nigerian is nt winning anytime soon
you may be right though considering the fact that close to 50% of the participants are Nigerians, whilst the other 50% slot is shared among 3 countries lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
I think the name should just be changed to Project Fame Nigeria because it's a shame that Nigerians make up more than 60% of the contestants and they always end up winning. No need deceiving ourselves that it's a west African thing. They should just take a cue from West African idols.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
afam4eva: I think the name should just be changed to Project Fame Nigeria because it's a shame that Nigerians make up more than 60% of the contestants and they always end up winning. No need deceiving ourselves that it's a west African thing. They should just take a cue from West African idols.
Oga, I've answered this earlier. The whole idea wasn't MTN's but that of the faculty/Academy. Mtn came in to partner and then decided to open slots for selected west African countries, where MTN network is. It is more of a Nigerian thing. Remember we have more than 4 countries in west Africa eg Togo, Benin etc yet they aren't part of PJfame

1 Like

Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Afam4eva(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
toba: Oga, I've answered this earlier. The whole idea wasn't MTN's but that of the faculty/Academy. Mtn came in to partner and then decided to open slots for selected west African countries, where MTN network is. It is more of a Nigerian thing. Remember we have more than 4 countries in west Africa eg Togo, Benin etc yet they aren't part of PJfame
THoise countries are not part of project fame west Africa because they're not English speaking country. I think MTN, Ultima syudios or whoever is responsible for selecting contestants should make sure there's a level playing field. I also hate the fact that they make the contestanst from Ghana, Liberia and Seria Leone to sing Nigerian indegenous songs instead of their own indegenous song. I don't think that's fair.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
afam4eva: I think the name should just be changed to Project Fame Nigeria because it's a shame that Nigerians make up more than 60% of the contestants and they always end up winning. No need deceiving ourselves that it's a west African thing. They should just take a cue from West African idols.
it was ultima studios who brought the iniative .... M sowie, datz jst d way itz done .. Cos wen project fame africa(which was then sponrored by mtn) was still on ... It was being hosted in south africa ... Southafrica had more slot than other african countries
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
afam4eva:
THoise countries are not part of project fame west Africa because they're not English speaking country. I think MTN, Ultima syudios or whoever is responsible for selecting contestants should make sure there's a level playing field. I also hate the fact that they make the contestanst from Ghana, Liberia and Seria Leone to sing Nigerian indegenous songs instead of their own indegenous song. I don't think that's fair.
they av d right to reject d songs ... The Ghananian dude sang a ghananian song ... I dunno 4 d oda countries ... Buh dey can all reject the songs given to dem
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
Dhelake: it was ultima studios who brought the iniative .... M sowie, datz jst d way itz done .. Cos wen project fame africa(which was then sponrored by mtn) was still on ... It was being hosted in south africa ... Southafrica had more slot than other african countries
yea. dare art alade was one of the contestants of project fame africa in 2004.i watched it then on Dstv's mnet. like u said it was more of a SA thing too.

but lets face it. apart from nil the ghanian in pjfame 1 that caame second, another foreigner came second in season2, the ghanian in season 3, no foreigner had done better than Nigerians
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
the Genius has spoken. Cobhams asuquo. he said the contestants for season 5 are arguably the best so far. just as i said earlier, its only season3 that can challenge this season 5 group
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 10:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
toba: yea. dare art alade was one of the contestants of project fame africa in 2004.i watched it then on Dstv's mnet. like u said it was more of a SA thing too.

but lets face it. apart from nil the ghanian in pjfame 1 that caame second, another foreigner came second in season2, the ghanian in season 3, no foreigner had done better than Nigerians
yeah .... Dare came 2nd then ....

Kesse came 2nd in season3 ...
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
toba: the Genius has spoken. Cobhams asuquo. he said the contestants for season 5 are arguably the best so far. just as i said earlier, its only season3 that can challenge this season 5 group
arguably
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by jeffoski(m): 5:18am On Sep 15, 2012
Dare was not 2nd o He was 3rd.it was Jonathan that was 2nd and lindiwe 1st.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Addebayo(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
I want sonia back, but i want Ayo to win and Adetoun as the runner up.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Addebayo(m): 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
Am xo confused Ella and Didi av been evicted 2dae. Adetoun, christian, didi, oyinkansade and ella were put up for eviction. The judges saved Adetoun, faculty saved Oyinkansade, the contestants saved christian. There fore didi and ella are out
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
Addebayo: Am xo confused Ella and Didi av been evicted 2dae. Adetoun, christian, didi, oyinkansade and ella were put up for eviction. The judges saved Adetoun, faculty saved Oyinkansade, the contestants saved christian. There fore didi and ella are out
tnk God 4 ma oyinkan ... Buh y ella
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2012
Addebayo: Am xo confused Ella and Didi av been evicted 2dae. Adetoun, christian, didi, oyinkansade and ella were put up for eviction. The judges saved Adetoun, faculty saved Oyinkansade, the contestants saved christian. There fore didi and ella are out
didi and ella were evicted but the judges recalled ella. bibi brew said they want to give Ella final chance. so we have 7 contestants left
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by jeffoski(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
Chei see Manipulation. So becos the judges didn't want to bring Brenda back they decided to form that whole Paparazzi and deceive us. out of the 5 on probation Ella was the best followed by Adetoun and Christian but I was surprise that d Judges saved Adetoun and the Faculty saved Oyinkansade (I nearly faint wen I heard his name wen be say na him and didi suppose go).And I was shocked when Ayo and Mavellous picked Christian Over Ella meaning they are threaten by her presence and afraid. I prefer Sunday's Best on BET the judges there know their job well and are professional in the music field. Project Fame corruption and Manipulation don too obvious and annoying and is clear the judges and Faculty know sabi at all. Let see tomorrows performance and see who suppose go house.but I think Oyinkansade and Christian should be next.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2012
jeffoski: Chei see Manipulation. So becos the judges didn't want to bring Brenda back they decided to form that whole Paparazzi and deceive us. out of the 5 on probation Ella was the best followed by Adetoun and Christian but I was surprise that d Judges saved Adetoun and the Faculty saved Oyinkansade (I nearly faint wen I heard his name wen be say na him and didi suppose go).And I was shocked when Ayo and Mavellous picked Christian Over Ella meaning they are threaten by her presence and afraid. I prefer Sunday's Best on BET the judges there know their job well and are professional in the music field. Project Fame corruption and Manipulation don too obvious and annoying and is clear the judges and Faculty know sabi at all. Let see tomorrows performance and see who suppose go house.but I think Oyinkansade and Christian should be next.
whilst i wouldnt completely absorb the organizers from 'manipulation' however i dont think there was any manipulation tonight. the judges saved who they wanted, same with the faculty. it would be shocking but not out of place that Ella would be sent packing after just 2weeks in the academy, hence the power to recall was invoked. the manipulation is yet to be done. it would be done later just to ensure the only foreigner amongst the 7 musulyn goes home with something, no matter what
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Addebayo(m): 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
toba: didi and ella were evicted but the judges recalled ella. bibi brew said they want to give Ella final chance. so we have 7 contestants left
Yea. . . But to me the manipulation started when they brought ella back. . . D guys saved christian not because they are scared of Ella but because they are fond of saving guys and let d gals go home, starting from the first eviction show. . . But to me am not happy with the fact that they brought ella back.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 15, 2012
Addebayo: Yea. . . But to me the manipulation started when they brought ella back. . . D guys saved christian not because they are scared of Ella but because they are fond of saving guys and let d gals go home, starting from the first eviction show. . . But to me am not happy with the fact that they brought ella back.
last sunday joseph and adora said the judges reserves the exclusive right to recall an evicted contestant. we all taught, they were using that reserve to recall one of the 8 original contestants that had been evicted, however they chose to invoke it on the recall of fresh evictee.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by jeffoski(m): 11:21pm On Sep 15, 2012
But can't the whole show be based on saving the best other than dis stupid drama? They have used all their lifeline let wait and see the next manipulation that will take place. Am just glad Ella is still in the race. That girl can really sing and will give Mavellous a run for his money. Now they are 7 so 2 will have to leave and 5 will be in d finals.so far Christian and Oyinkan should be the next to leave but let see how Sundays nomination will look like.Also PF should have a phonetics lecturer added to the Faculty to help with dictions and accent.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 11:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
jeffoski: Chei see Manipulation. So becos the judges didn't want to bring Brenda back they decided to form that whole Paparazzi and deceive us. out of the 5 on probation Ella was the best followed by Adetoun and Christian but I was surprise that d Judges saved Adetoun and the Faculty saved Oyinkansade (I nearly faint wen I heard his name wen be say na him and didi suppose go).And I was shocked when Ayo and Mavellous picked Christian Over Ella meaning they are threaten by her presence and afraid. I prefer Sunday's Best on BET the judges there know their job well and are professional in the music field. Project Fame corruption and Manipulation don too obvious and annoying and is clear the judges and Faculty know sabi at all. Let see tomorrows performance and see who suppose go house.but I think Oyinkansade and Christian should be next.
itz nt like seeing her as a threat .... Those guyz av been togeda quite long ... Xo u dont expect dem to choose someone who jst joined ova him
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2012
Addebayo: Yea. . . But to me the manipulation started when they brought ella back. . . D guys saved christian not because they are scared of Ella but because they are fond of saving guys and let d gals go home, starting from the first eviction show. . . But to me am not happy with the fact that they brought ella back.
sure .... Dat waz y christain was saved .... As for d recall ... Na dem sabi
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by atise: 4:25am On Sep 16, 2012
With reality shows/competitions, there is always a degree of manipulation no matter how subtle undecided. that is the gospel truth.

I also agree with the comment about Musulyn, MTN will want to still preserve the so called west african tag on the show by making at least one non Nigerian make the final 5. So that should be the next manipulation one should watch out for

Shocked about Ella though shocked, make she dey try to dey beg for votes like christian o! Beg for votes girl, use family, church members, present and past school mates, 'kparakpo' (tribalism, see Adetoun and Ayo na, Ella hardly mentions were she is from!);use any thing men. She seems to come across as haughty some times, like "hey I am the best female singer here, and Marvellous is my only treat". So, I guess most viewers find this repulsive. Well, this experience should bring her crashing back down to earth.

So, as some previous posts have predicted, Oyinkansade and christain (the guy is always up for eviction tongue) should be the next to go, then the battle for the winner will then start proper. I don't want to make any prediction here becos of what happened in season 3, when one of the best singers (Tolu went home empty handed, and an average singer called 'fine boy' Eyo was 2nd runner-up. same thing last season when Ochuko was robbed!

All in all, PJ fame remains far far better than other talent hunt competitions like GLO naija sings. Where are all the past winners of naija sings sef
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Dhelake: 6:27am On Sep 16, 2012
atise: With reality shows/competitions, there is always a degree of manipulation no matter how subtle undecided. that is the gospel truth.

I also agree with the comment about Musulyn, MTN will want to still preserve the so called west african tag on the show by making at least one non Nigerian make the final 5. So that should be the next manipulation one should watch out for

Shocked about Ella though shocked, make she dey try to dey beg for votes like christian o! Beg for votes girl, use family, church members, present and past school mates, 'kparakpo' (tribalism, see Adetoun and Ayo na, Ella hardly mentions were she is from!);use any thing men. She seems to come across as haughty some times, like "hey I am the best female singer here, and Marvellous is my only treat". So, I guess most viewers find this repulsive. Well, this experience should bring her crashing back down to earth.

So, as some previous posts have predicted, Oyinkansade and christain (the guy is always up for eviction tongue) should be the next to go, then the battle for the winner will then start proper. I don't want to make any prediction here becos of what happened in season 3, when one of the best singers (Tolu went home empty handed, and an average singer called 'fine boy' Eyo was 2nd runner-up. same thing last season when Ochuko was robbed!

All in all, PJ fame remains far far better than other talent hunt competitions like GLO naija sings. Where are all the past winners of naija sings sef
ochuko was also in season3
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Addebayo(m): 7:44am On Sep 16, 2012
Let the best man wins. 2dae's nomination show matters alot cos all the contestants will fight there way to the final. . . . . Ella still in the academy makes it more tougher. The gal is becomin a threat oo. Anyway, saturday's eviction show will judge cos i can still smell the gal not making it to the final. Let the best man wins.
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 16, 2012
jeffoski: But can't the whole show be based on saving the best other than dis stupid drama? They have used all their lifeline let wait and see the next manipulation that will take place. Am just glad Ella is still in the race. That girl can really sing and will give Mavellous a run for his money. Now they are 7 so 2 will have to leave and 5 will be in d finals.so far Christian and Oyinkan should be the next to leave but let see how Sundays nomination will look like.Also PF should have a phonetics lecturer added to the Faculty to help with dictions and accent.
lol rem PJ is not a school
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 16, 2012
atise: With reality shows/competitions, there is always a degree of manipulation no matter how subtle undecided. that is the gospel truth.

i really like ur post. u killed it. Eyo in season 3 didnt deserve the 3rd position he got. yetunde and tolu deserved it. like u said, its the voters choice that made Eyo win something
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 16, 2012
Addebayo: Let the best man wins. 2dae's nomination show matters alot cos all the contestants will fight there way to the final. . . . . Ella still in the academy makes it more tougher. The gal is becomin a threat oo. Anyway, saturday's eviction show will judge cos i can still smell the gal not making it to the final. Let the best man wins.
i can bet with anything that christian would be evicted next saturday
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by leyeg: 8:29am On Sep 16, 2012
PF,d competition is becoming much more tougher,d guys got a lot of work to do because Ella is likely to overthrown them very soon.kudos to D faculty for saving Oyinkaansade,
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzQG1lFUD3o
The Nomination And Elimination
Re: Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 by Addebayo(m): 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2012
toba: i can bet with anything that christian would be evicted next saturday
Okay ooo, lets wait see but who's gonna join him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / 'Squid Game' Is So Intense Its Director Lost 6 Teeth During Production (Photos) / Download Full Movie: A Trip To Jamaica | By Ay, Funkeā€¦

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.