Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? (6297 Views)

Poll: My job or my upcoming wedding?

the job: 19% (17 votes)
the wedding: 80% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

Starting A Business Or Getting A Job: 08 Powerful Strategies To... / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Which Hand-made Work Or Craft Do You Think Is Most Reliable In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by lifegal(f): 10:41am On Dec 20, 2007
My Fellow Nairalanders, that was the question i was Asked by my Boss when i presented my Wedding IV to him.
To worsen the whole thing he said i will have to come to work on the Day of my traditional marriage.

I really need advise abeg.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Seun(m): 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2007
It's your choice. The funny thing is that
you can get a better job elsewhere or start your own business,
but you can't get married or find a new husband that easily.
Also, your boss can sack you at any time, for any reason.
A career you don't control is not worth any personal sacrifices.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by ayusman16(m): 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2007
I think ur boss is a wicked man/woman. If ur boss is female then she must either be a divorcee or an old woman searching for husband (she dey jealous u) and if male? Hmmm! Then i think he has blinking eyelid for u all this while. Damn the useless job and get married cos there are many blessings that comes with marriage. Best of luck!
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by niceuzor: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2007
ayusman16:

I think your boss is a wicked man/woman. If your boss is female then she must either be a divorcee or an old woman searching for husband (she dey jealous u) and if male? Hmmm! Then i think he has blinking eyelid for u all this while. Damn the useless job and get married because there are many blessings that comes with marriage. Best of luck!
i concur! Blessing from marriage is worth more than a Job!

Seun:

It's your choice. The funny thing is that
you can get a better job elsewhere or start your own business,
but you can't get married or find a new husband that easily.
Also, your boss can sack you at any time, for any reason.
A career you don't control is not worth any personal sacrifices.
Speaking from xperience!, . just be self employ and get married.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Blackcat(f): 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2007
Send in your resignation later first thing tomorrow morning.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by zheroes(m): 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2007
tell your hopeless boss to stop insulting your husband to be.
he is sick. A symtom of a typical one man business or enterprise.

Blackcat:

Send in your resignation later first thing tomorrow morning.

you could still lose your job afterall.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by dibosa187: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2007
Would like to know the nature of your job?

Would however advise that you go ahead with your wedding plans and don't let anything steal your joy away.

Have a blessed marriage.

Bosah
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by oziomatv(m): 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2007
Your husband to be should have answered this question not us,
he is in position to say dam this job let's get on with our life or dance to the tune of your admirer(Boss)
Tell us your relationship with your boss cause no smoke without fire.
you check your husband's financial capacity, if it's strong quit the job
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Gwazah(m): 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2007
don't be a fool.
leave that ingrate and go away ur husband to be will cata for u. even force people are given chance on the day of their wedding.
it is better to light a candle than to allow darkness.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Revive(f): 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2007
If it happened exactly the way u said it,

QUIT THE NONSENSE JOB.

But I can't beleived it happened like that. I never heard of such tales. I can't beleive a boss will be that heartless. Usually u have extra holidays (days off) given for your marriage. Some bosses even give quite enough days to cover your honey moon as well. Besisdes what about your normal holidays? Why not fix your wedding within your normal holidays if you've got a nice job.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by oziomatv(m): 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2007
there's something in common sex if not, it's unbelievable.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Cosjo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2007
I am in support of what Seun said "you can get a better job after your marriage" but marriage issue is something that comes once in a life time. So count your teeth with your mouth as they say.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by ifyalways(f): 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2007
@ poster
have you dated your boss before? or
hes tried to date you in the past and you rejected?
@ topic whatever be the case,just like others have said,go ahead with your marriage.you can easily get another job even a better one BUt you cant get another hubby.

do have a happy married life.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by jmichael90: 4:52pm On Dec 20, 2007
I hope your boss is not trying to punish you for an offence.Why dont you try to plead him?if he insist then you can take your decision by going for your wedding and hope to get better job thereafter.Happy marry life
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by debomb: 5:06pm On Dec 20, 2007
What more can i say all is being said already,
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by atiku07(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2007
well my own opinion may quite vary from urs. lets take from both angle (ur boss and You) i will say if u have any diffrencies with ur boss as in u have any secret afair with him try and call him make him see reasons why u have to go 4 ur marriage. And also make him understand that all the relationship stuff has to stop. And if at all u do not have anything in common make him understand that this is ur life and if at all he still insist try and make plan B for an alternative that is during the break like xmas break etc u can get things done. but i will always make u understand one thing as ur wedding is important so ur job too is important DON'T BE LIKE A FOOLISH MAN WHOM AFTER HE HAD TAKEN HIS ACTIONS AND NOW HE START THINKING THAT WHY DID HE TAKE SUCH ACTIONs[b][/b] therfore look b4 u leap, though u might think u will always get a good job then it turns otherwise just make sure u look b4 u leap cause this is my honest advice 4 u. See the truth of the matter is that we men don't like dependent women cause it raises alot of issues, so if u think ur Boss is persistent then try and reschedule the wedding to better and convinient date cause i beleive if u don't have anything secret with ur boss he will never make such foolish decisions and insist on it, and if u don't have anything with him try and talk things over with him afterall he is a man. he can always change his mind.

MY SISTER ABEG NO QUIT UR JOB O! JUST TRY AND AND TALK THINGS OVER WITH YA OGA

GOD HELEP U MA SISTER

AND HAPPY MARRIED LIFE IN ADVANCE
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Funmi124(f): 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2007
@ poster

Just relax yourself, you see i think he/she (your boss) does not want you to get marry, don't let that bordered your mind, when he/she refuse to give you time to go for your wedding, give yourself time and after the wedding rest very well but let it be at the back of your mind that if you return to work he/she may sack you or not, but when he did, just leave the work, leaving the work does not mean leaving the earth atleast your husband can cater for you till you get another job.

thanks.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2007
gosh my oh shocked
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by kokorunna(m): 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2007
Your Boss don lose the plot.

He is crazy, wicked and probably jealous.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by voghor12: 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2007
i think your boss is a nice guy. i will like to be with someone like that. the beauty ofd it all is that unknowingly he is taking you to your point of destiny as prepare 4 u by God Himself.
i will advice that you do not say any bad thing against him. be strong and be positiv n prayerful. om the eve of ur native law don't go to the office, do ur thing n prepare 4 ur BIG daz. After the weddin resume work n c wat happens. if u r fired, Fine. . YOUR SUFFICEINCY IS IN GOD.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2007
voghor12:

i think your boss is a nice guy. i will like to be with someone like that. the beauty ofd it all is that unknowingly he is taking you to your point of destiny as prepare for you by God Himself.
i will advice that you do not say any bad thing against him. be strong and be positiv n prayerful. om the eve of your native law don't go to the office, do your thing n prepare 4 your BIG daz. After the weddin resume work n c what happens. if you're fired, Fine. . YOUR SUFFICEINCY IS IN GOD.

are we reading the same things?
@ poster please give this person the name and address of your boss.
She's already in love without seeing him
ojigbi jigbi
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by jtkoko9(f): 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2007
4get about d damn job sis and carry on with ur wedding. wish u plenty luck dear grin
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Cotton(m): 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2007
What did you do to your boss? I believe there are things that you're not telling us, however you have to choose marriage over the job (only and if only your husband can take care of you, if na you 'hold ya side' for the relationship, make you think twice o!!).
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Sweetaura1(f): 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2007
Your boss must be heartless or anti-marriage, except there is something you're not telling us. Otherwise, quit the job and marry your heart throb because your boss will definitely give you the boot.

Just like Seun said you can always find another job but definitely not another hubby so soon.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by MSY: 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2007
Is there some background info you are not giving us ? Is there a history between you and your boss ? Because no-one with all their marbles will ask you to choose between such options. You should have quit right there and then.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by presido1: 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2007
You can fix the marriage on sunday. abi you dey work on sunday?
But this your boss must be sometin else.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by wedeoh(m): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2007
lifegal,
congrat and i cant wait 2 get ur IV .any way about ur boss srry 2 say this he should go 2 hell and rot 4 all i care

1 Like

Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by ifyalways(f): 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2007
presido1:

you think say na everibody dey go sabbath like you ? grin grin grin

@ topic dear girl,go ahead with your wedding.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Winnergal(f): 3:49am On Dec 21, 2007
@Poster

Wouln't it be better if the weding is done on a weekend raher than a week day. Or do you have to work fron mondays to fridays?
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by ThugLife1(m): 4:36am On Dec 21, 2007
presido1:

But this your boss must be sometin else.
grin
@poster
Leave the job and go on with your wedding
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by BillGatesFan(m): 8:05am On Dec 21, 2007
OBEY YOUR BOSS AND REMAIN SINGLE FOR LIFE. How can you ever think about what you should do?When you know that Marriage is the best thing that can happen in the life of every woman.Marriage gives you comfort,security,love,care,adoration,affection,money,total dependence on your man even if your working,above all it gives you GOD'S most valuable GIFTS OF LIFE CHILDREN,OR DO I SAY BABIES,all these your useless job and your animalistic boss can't give you in your entire life time
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by lawyerchap(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2007
If you've worked before, you will always get another job. Getting a job is only difficult when you have never worked before and are totally without experience. But since you've already been working, there are better jobs waiting out there for you. If you get married and stay in this colossal jerk's employment, imagine what will happen when you need to go on maternity leave. Dearie, kick that job to the kerb and marry your sweetheart and drive off into the sunset Now i'm getting carried away wink wink.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Constructive Dismissal From Employment: What Employees Must Know / Are There Jobs In Nigeria's Graphic Design Industry / 6 Solid Ways To Put Up With A Difficult Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.