Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:38 AM

Quest For an Environmental Section - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Quest For an Environmental Section (482 Views)

Lagos Government Launches Mobile Court For Traffic Environmental Offenders / Pls Is There Environmental Sanitation Today In Lagos? / Is An Environmental Day Necessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quest For an Environmental Section by sportfeva(m): 7:57am On Aug 11, 2012
I have been thinking about this ƒor sometime now whether it is right and feasible on this platform to have a section on environment issues. We have lot of environmental problems to deal with in this country. Some are even urgent. Other Countries which have advance in environmental quality like Germany, Sweden, Japan etc were once having problems, great problem that you think can't be solve but as human, the creator of this planet has given us the power and wisdom over other things(any entity) to surmount and those problem have been solved with extent of improving on it.
Nigeria, our country- giant of Africa by population wise should not be left out but take a stand to lead Africa on environmental quality.
So i just want to know whether it is a good idea to have a discussion section on environmental issues on this platform which can eventually lead to influencing our leaders in the helms of affairs and those in charge, orientate the people and practicability of the ideas in bringing optimum result.
Re: Quest For an Environmental Section by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 11, 2012
I second that. We need the orientation.

1 Like

Re: Quest For an Environmental Section by sportfeva(m): 10:37am On Aug 11, 2012
idprincess: I second that. We need the orientation.
Good. Do you support having a section ƒor it or where can we discuss environmental issues?

Please moderator should place this on frontpage ƒor public view.
Re: Quest For an Environmental Section by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2012
I absolutely do. I am interested in environmental issues as it concerns us in Nigeria, yet so far, I have been unable to relate in layman terms, what it is exactly that we are doing wrong and what we should be doing right and why we should.
How then can we pass it on to the kids.

1 Like

Re: Quest For an Environmental Section by sportfeva(m): 11:49am On Aug 11, 2012
You thought right, just a space where we can discuss environmental issues as they discuss about celebrity, business or money.

(1) (Reply)

Seun, / Have You Seen A Double Rainbow Before? / This Time Is Different: What The Flood Disaster Says About Us And The World Toda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.