Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

LONDON 2012: Your Good, Bad And Wierd/funny moments - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / LONDON 2012: Your Good, Bad And Wierd/funny moments (800 Views)

Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 / Nigeria Vs Italy: U-20 Women's World Cup (4 - 0) On Sunday August-26-2012 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LONDON 2012: Your Good, Bad And Wierd/funny moments by ProfJYK(m): 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
With just one day to go and the USA already clear winners without any major China friendly sport to go, and no Nigerian medal yet, I make bold to say the 30th Olympiad; London 2012 is over, signed sealed and delivered.

from the 3 star opening ceremony (IMO,) to the failed expectations, the Upsets and the officiating controversies, I think I can say we learnt a lot about the Olympics, Sportsmanship and Sports in General.

now back to the topic I would like us to point out the high points and no-no's of the competion, for the records as for me, there has always been a lot to learn from people's opinion.
Re: LONDON 2012: Your Good, Bad And Wierd/funny moments by ProfJYK(m): 4:08pm On Aug 11, 2012
for me,

Good points were the upsets, Being an aquatic sports enthusiast,
Chad le Clos touching home before phelps, in your face,
16 year old Yi Shiwen leaving the pack behind with a new record and 6 seconds to spare,
the women's synchronised event was a beauty to behold.

Lastly on the good side, the sportsmen took competition tom a whole new level as there was a rash of new records and personal bests, 7 out of 8 finalists in Men's 100 meters finished under 10 seconds. hell even our own okagbare has a PB, Bravo.

Bad. the controversies,
Yi Shiwen and the doping conspiracy,
the English cyclist who crashes on purpose to force a restart, very unsportsmanly.
The timing error that cost a South Korean fencer her medal and causes her to refuse her consolation medal.

Wierd/Funny, OSCAR PISTORIOUS. although I am all for non discrimination, I believe those Cheetah Flex arti-Limbs should add some kind of spring.
Then why in heavens name can't that Bold dude cross the finish line before celebrating? dude is too full of himself and I don't buy d reason that he knew there was no way to beat the world record so he didn't bother. Blake was just playing according to the script if not, ...

And yes, Phelps is the man. greatest Olympian of all time. but then I love upsets so Clos is the bomb.

Not really a field person hence nothing from discuss, hammer Javelin and co.

over to you great Nlanders, lets hear it.

(1) (Reply)

WWE RAW Results – 1/14/2013 / Osaze Odemwingie Was Sent Home From Training This Morning / What Do You Think About AFCON Closing Ceremony?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.