Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects (2926 Views)

The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water / Energy Drinks Cause High Blood Pressure, Doctor Warns / Mixing Alcohol With Energy Drinks Can Raise Risk Of Heart Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects by clareomiz(f): 1:36am On Dec 21, 2007
Can someone please give details on the adverse effect of taking energy drinks? I mean the likes of powerhorse, red bull, white tolotolo, green guinea pig and all sorts of other names. A friend told me recently that many of these drinks are heavily taxed abroad (like tobacco) and sometimes even banned because of their high caffeine levels. Can anyone give details please?
Re: Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects by tollyfat: 4:15am On Dec 21, 2007
I am not a medical expert or dietitian but I can tell u those drinks are loaded with lots of caffeine and sugar.U can figure what those can do to u.
Re: Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects by funkybaby(f): 7:01am On Dec 21, 2007
i was at a party recently and i saw a man mixing red bull with hennessy. He filled about three quarters of the cup with red bull and the renaming part with hennessy. He took like four cups of this. Aint that crazy?
Re: Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects by wendymanda: 7:04am On Dec 21, 2007
I hear it can cause heart problems. Some of those drinks are not allowed to be taken by athletes before a game as they are seen as some time of performance enhancing drugs.
Re: Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects by Freewilly(f): 7:09am On Dec 21, 2007
Red bull and vodka is the best cocktail ever lipsrsealed everyone should try it
Re: Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects by ifyalways(f): 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2007
Freewilly:

shocked shocked shocked shocked even you willy willy shocked shocked
Re: Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2007
@post
you can go to this site for more help : http://www.energyfiend.com/energy-drink-ingredients/

I drink Vault, it's somewhat like an energy drink. but i try to limit the amount i drink, b/c i heard that some energy drinks can cause infertility in women.

Freewilly:

LOL. . . "red bull gives you wings" tongue

Re: Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects by ifyalways(f): 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2007
@toyin i hope you get paid for this advert tongue
Re: Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects by Freewilly(f): 8:46am On Dec 28, 2007
ifyalways:

shocked shocked shocked shocked even you willy willy shocked shocked

you think say na only you sabi good think tongue tongue
Re: Influx Of Energy Drinks In Nigeria And It's Effects by skipo87(m): 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2007
@ free willy, .try red bull and red label. its the best combo i've seen. u'll feel doubly red

(1) (Reply)

10 Gross Things About Smoking Cigarettes / (STD & STI) / FCT Discharges 12 COVID-19 Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.