Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Sudent Visa VS HSMP Dependant (Help Needed) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sudent Visa VS HSMP Dependant (Help Needed) (2489 Views)

Inviting 16-year-old Cousin To The UK - Temporary Or As Permanent Dependant. / All Your U.s.a Sudent Visa Questions Treated! / Dependant Visa Application In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sudent Visa VS HSMP Dependant (Help Needed) by ADESUWA(f): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2007
Hi folks,
           First I want to say thanks for the advice you have been giving people seek it from this forum. Wishing you guys a merry christmas and a really splendid new year.
           I'm here with a problem that's sort of difficult to understand. Last year in April I was granted a student visa into the UK. To many people this would be a thing of joy but in my case it came with extreme confusion. This was due to the fact that a month later my dad was given an HSMP visa. I found out that people on the HSMP programme and their dependants don't have to pay fees for schooling. Due to the fact that I am eighteen years of age, I am eligible to be listed as his dependant.

My problem now is how to get listed as his dependant since it is going to be really expensive to pay the £15,000 school fes for my university after college. Any advice n how I can go about it will surely be appreciated.
Re: Sudent Visa VS HSMP Dependant (Help Needed) by anusule(m): 11:56am On Dec 23, 2007
ADESUWA:

Hi folks,
First I want to say thanks for the advice you have been giving people seek it from this forum. Wishing you guys a merry christmas and a really splendid new year.
I'm here with a problem that's sort of difficult to understand. Last year in April I was granted a student visa into the UK. To many people this would be a thing of joy but in my case it came with extreme confusion. This was due to the fact that a month later my dad was given an HSMP visa. I found out that people on the HSMP programme and their dependants don't have to pay fees for schooling. Due to the fact that I am eighteen years of age, I am eligible to be listed as his dependant.

My problem now is how to get listed as his dependant since it is going to be really expensive to pay the £15,000 school fes for my university after college. Any advice n how I can go about it will surely be appreciated.

I don't know where you got your information about HSMP dependants not having to pay fees for schooling, i think its false. dependant or not, so far you still don't have your stay or ILR, you'ld still have to pay international fees, i think.

You are still eighteen, make sure you apply before you turn nineteen o!, else, you miss chance.

to be a dependant(HSMP), your dad has to apply for entry for you, as a dependant, they should give you three years, though i don't know if that has changed because the home office has changed everything, the law, and points needed, u digg?

but conversion from student to hsmp dependant,,,,,,that i don't know yet, would find out for you soon. grin
Re: Sudent Visa VS HSMP Dependant (Help Needed) by anusule(m): 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2007
checkout this hsmp forum. http://forum.hsmpforumltd.com/index.php register and post this particular message you posted here there. you'ld surely get a response as there are immigration consultants there.
Re: Sudent Visa VS HSMP Dependant (Help Needed) by eldee(m): 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2007
One of my cousins is an HSMP dependant and she doesn't pay international student fee in Uni of East London, even when she was in college, it was free. . . I think you've got to apply to home office if ur presently in the UK.
Re: Sudent Visa VS HSMP Dependant (Help Needed) by anusule(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2007
could she have gotten her indefinite leave to remain? hsmp dependants are still categorized as international students, for university tuition fees. i am.
Re: Sudent Visa VS HSMP Dependant (Help Needed) by anusule(m): 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2007
cld u pls confirm from her, im uneasy here o undecided
Re: Sudent Visa VS HSMP Dependant (Help Needed) by anusule(m): 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2007
im easy now. grin check out this document, its either shes gotten her stay or ?
http://www.liv.ac.uk/sas/administration/Fee_Status_FAQs.pdf
Re: Sudent Visa VS HSMP Dependant (Help Needed) by eldee(m): 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2007
I just called, anyone that has been in the UK for three years without a student visa does not pay the International student fees but you are not entitled to the goverment-provided loan that indefinite dudes get.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos To Enugu / I Bumped Into A FORA Bolsonaro Protest In Brasilia Brazil(photos,videos) / Reasons I Can't Send Money Home From Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.