Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,114 members, 7,957,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:25 AM

Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti And FUT Minna Sign MoU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti And FUT Minna Sign MoU (2095 Views)

2014/2015 CROWN POLYTECHNIC Offer Admission Without UTME!!! / Crown Polytechnic Ado-ekiti. 2011/2012 Admission In Progress / Crown Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti And FUT Minna Sign MoU by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
In its bid to improve the standard of academic work in the institution and bring quality degree education closeto the doorsteps of the people, the authorities of
Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, and Federal University of Technology, Minna, have signed a memorandum of understanding for the award of degrees in eleven courses of the polytechnic.
Crown Poly, which is the first private polytechnic in Ekiti State, got its operational licence in 2008 and for the award of degrees, entered into an agreement with the Federal University of Technology (FUT), Minna, recently.
Addressing newsmen on the development at the weekend, the Rector of the polytechnic, Dr Aderemi Oke, said the institution was able to win the confidence of the university following the improvement in the facilities at the polytechnic, through the overhauling of its laboratories with modern science and technology equipment and the construction of more classrooms.
Oke, the Registrar, Mr David Olukowade and the Director ofExternal Degree Programme, Mr Joseph Awe, signed the MoU on behalf of the polytechnic's management, while the Vice Chancellor, Professor Mohammed Audu, the Registrar, Mrs Victoria Kolo and Director of Collaboration, Dr Ogbonnaya Chukwu, signed the agreement on behalf of the university at a ceremony in Minna, Niger State.
Under the arrangement, FUT Minna will now award Bachelorof Technology (B Tech.) degrees at the Polytechnic in Estate Management, Quantity Surveying, Urban and Regional Planning, Fisheries Technology, Mathematics/Statistics.
Others are: Microbiology, Physics Electronics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
As a way of ensuring smooth take-off of the academic alliance, the rector hinted thatmore structures had been constructed within the institution, while more lecture theatres had also been provided for conducive learning environment.
Oke , however, clarified that under the bipartite agreement, FUTMINNA would be fully in charge by way of admitting the prospective students, while academic trainings, marking of scripts and supervision of all examinations will also be under the direct control of theuniversity's management.
He said the two institutions would provide the manpower that would drive the programme, which was billed to commence by September, 2012 .
The rector further clarified that the regulatory body for all Nigerian polytechnics, the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), had, duringits inspection of facilities in the polytechnic, gave the institution a clean bill of healthto run the programme based on infrastructures on ground.
Oke said the polytechnic will still subject itself to National University Commission's scrutiny, whose final verdict will finally seal the deal, before the commencement of the programmes.
[url=http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/education/44043-crown-poly-ado-fut-minna-sign-mou-?fb_action_ids=490643874296871&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%22490643874296871%22%3A10151067871014309%7D&action_type_map=%7B%22490643874296871%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=/]Source[/url]
Re: Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti And FUT Minna Sign MoU by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
It's a welcome development, I hope Crown will live upto FUT Minna's expectation.
Re: Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti And FUT Minna Sign MoU by tdemo(m): 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
Joyturns2: It's a welcome development, I hope Crown will live upto FUT Minna's expectation.
how much do they pay per section i heard they ar admitin witout jamb. Buh i av ma jamb result wit me
Re: Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti And FUT Minna Sign MoU by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
tdemo: how much do they pay per section i heard they ar admitin witout jamb. Buh i av ma jamb result wit me
I payed 50k (25k per semester) when I was dere, I don't know how much they pay now & I don't know about the B.tech fees too. Check www.crownpolytechnic.edu.ng for details
Re: Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti And FUT Minna Sign MoU by tdemo(m): 7:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
Joyturns2: I payed 50k (25k per semester) when I was dere, I don't know how much they pay now & I don't know about the B.tech fees too. Check www.crownpolytechnic.edu.ng for details
..is the skul wel recognise and ar u
workn wit there certificate now or how
Re: Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti And FUT Minna Sign MoU by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
tdemo: ..is the skul wel recognise and ar u
workn wit there certificate now or how
I'm not working yet, I got my ND 4rm d skool, the skool just produced it's 1st HND graduates this year, then I learnt some are working with the skool's ND certificate and many av used d ND to secure admission 4 HND and DE, d skools recognition is not dat much but it's increasing by d day.
Re: Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti And FUT Minna Sign MoU by tdemo(m): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
Joyturns2: I'm not working yet, I got my ND 4rm d skool, the skool just produced it's 1st HND graduates this year, then I learnt some are working with the skool's ND certificate and many av used d ND to secure admission 4 HND and DE, d skools recognition is not dat much but it's increasing by d day.
.tanx 4 info am tinkng of applyhn 4 the skul dis year am jur khnda of confuse
Re: Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti And FUT Minna Sign MoU by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
tdemo: .tanx 4 info am tinkng of applyhn 4 the skul dis year am jur khnda of confuse
Do some findings and follow your heart bro

(1) (Reply)

Sometimes I Wonder If All Corp Members Are Actually Graduates / 2017/2018 Funaab Applicant Meet Here / Mark Zuckerberg Blocks Me From Mentioning Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.