Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,173 members, 7,957,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:52 AM

Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement (12652 Views)

International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year / Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / Dangote All Smiles Over His $600 Million Dangote Cement Plant In Ethiopia (photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by lahips: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by lahips: 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by kayoday(m): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
wellheads: I don't think dangote really wants to reduce the prices because of his concern for nigerians, but because he has realised that his sales are dropping sharply. An average informed nigerian will never buy dangote cement if elephant cement is available. In the SS too, I think they say Ibeto cement is preferred to dangote (though not sure).

Currently, both Dangote and Elephant cements are being sold for N1,850 per bag (in fact elephant is 51kg while dangote is 50kg), and you can see people buy upto 20 bags of elephant before anyone buys dangote. The sellers are now even forcing it on people. I asked someone to supply me 25 bags last week and he brought dangote (because he hasn't sold it in a long time), I bore the pain and money to return them and take elephant cement.

You might need to research well to be sure that there is no demand for dangote cement. On the contrary,there is high demand for Dangote cement , In the last three month I have witness supply of 5 trucks of cement to a construction site and all of them were Dangote. Dont know where u got your analysis from, maybe the bulk buyer prefer Dangote.
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by pat077: 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
realmscape:
ARE U A BRICKLAYER
Is being a bricklayer a crime?
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by patostation(m): 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
Na today? Cement for all by the year 2000!
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by kioboy(m): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
I required a major cement distributor dat transact biz around nembe waterside in portharcourt. If u are or knw any relaible distributor shld contact me asap. Ma supplier is milking me dried becos iam a little bit far (across d sea)
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by lahips: 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by Tafugo: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
What the f--k. Dangote is the cause of the high cement prices in Nigeria period.Who is he trying to fool.please don't believe the hype.after stifling other cement importers and crashing their businesses he now wants to hand out crumbs.The cement business is a Mafia business and the cartel is headed by Aliko.what brains do you need to import cement into Nigeria, why do you need a licence to import cement into Nigeria.The only way cement prices will crash is if like most other products importation of cement into the country is truely liberalised, and any Nigerian can import the product in 25, 50 kg or jumbo bags without fear or favor.this way cement prices will crash to the realistic price of 1,000 Naira. Or even 800 Naira at any port in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by floridam(m): 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
I do not see any difference between dangote cement and others apart from the setting time of dangote which is faster than the others.
If no be decking then I even prefer elephant to dangote sef.
Talk of block setting and plastering, elephant na baba
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by kolexy(m): 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
Tafugo: What the f--k. Dangote is the cause of the high cement prices in Nigeria period.Who is he trying to fool.please don't believe the hype.after stifling other cement importers and crashing their businesses he now wants to hand out crumbs.The cement business is a Mafia business and the cartel is headed by Aliko.what brains do you need to import cement into Nigeria, why do you need a licence to import cement into Nigeria.The only way cement prices will crash is if like most other products importation of cement into the country is truely liberalised, and any Nigerian can import the product in 25, 50 kg or jumbo bags without fear or favor.this way cement prices will crash to the realistic price of 1,000 Naira. Or even 800 Naira at any port in Nigeria.

We shouldn't be importing cement at this age. Limestone conswtitutes @least 80% of cement, and we have it in abundance.
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by kioboy(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
lahip.
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by lahips: 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by femmy2010(m): 4:30am On Aug 16, 2012
realmscape: dangote you should have reduced the price before letting your plans known to all them witches & wizards out there.... kuddos sha

Hahaha
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by Gizbee: 6:45am On Aug 16, 2012
abeg make all cement manufactural reduce price,we hv d materals here in the country we one become Landlord too.:p:p:p
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by Tafugo: 7:58am On Aug 16, 2012
kolexy:

We shouldn't be importing cement at this age. Limestone conswtitutes @least 80% of cement, and we have it in abundance.

Yea just like we should not be importing petroleum products too.
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by sadi78: 11:08am On Aug 16, 2012
[quote author=cyril83]Story story........story! Bunch of thieves
Na ur papa be thieves! I'd!ot
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by sadi78: 11:09am On Aug 16, 2012
[quote author=cyril83]Story story........story! Bunch of thieves
Na ur papa be thief! I'd!ot
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by BMZK: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
[b][/b]
lahips: @wellheads,in calabar we do not av dangote or elephant cement its unicem domineering, but using onitsha market for example dangote is 927,000 for direct delivery and 860,000 for self collect. While unicem is 990,000 with 30,000 rebate. Dis are in naira (per ton) and each ton is 600 bags dats one full truck though some of dangote's trucks carry 800 bags

In calabar Our factory price is 810,000 per truck.d distributors land it at 890,000 within town most times for now though it fluctuates.

Anyway we are expecting dangote here as he is already penetrating the uyo market and based in some property acquirement rumours here

@Lahips:Thanks for the info. However i will like to make the following correction: a ton of cement is 20bags not 600. 30t which is a truck load make the 600bags.
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by oritim: 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
Deploying additional 5000 trucks to our delapitaed roads. How will our roads last? Why has this guy not developped any interest in the rail services?
He is a typical Nigerian business man whose transactions are characterised by unethical practices.
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by lahips: 11:03am On Aug 17, 2012
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by kioboy(m): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2012
Mr kelvin of london +447965738386 or whatsoever pit of hell u are calling frm, plss check ma profile, i registered on dis forum since 2006 and ever since i hv been using dis name. Is only a fool will think dat by droping ma numba here for lahip means dat iam ignorant. Most of ma time outside biz i spent it online, so i hv seen all formats. Pls stop calling b4 thunder destroy dat ur iddle fingers. Iam in communication wit a registered company and their representatives, nt someone in london. Is wrong of u to hv even called me cos i deal on cement, which require physical delivery. Abeg delete ma numba frm ur contact cos i be bad market o.

BE WARNED!!!
Re: Dangote Cement Set To Reduce Cost Of Cement by chriso3: 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2012
[quote author=wellheads]

@realmscape: I am not a brick layer but working on a commercial apartment that I am building. I use roughly 25 bags of cement every two days on the project for the past four weeks. So I understand to a large extent how cement moves at least in my state.

Watin be your job there, may be we go talk some business

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Online Business Entrepreneurs - The Businesses That Made Them Rich / 5 Best Websites For Mini-importation (e-commerce Arbitrage) / Dangote Gained $5 Billion In 22 Days As Net Worth Hits $20 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.