Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:06 PM

Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian (4850 Views)

Eid-El-Malud: Celebrants Block Road In Gombe State (Photos) / 28th & 29th July: Eidel Fitri Public Holidays / Eid Ul Fitri: Barka Da Sallah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 16, 2012
FOR the first time in 49 years on throne, the Kano Emirate Council has suspended all traditional routine during Eid-El-Fitri celebration apart from the early morning “raka” prayers at the Eid ground.

Wamban Kano, Alhaji Abbas Sunusi disclosed this yesterday while briefing journalists at the emir’s palace. He rather requested Muslim faithful to peacefully enjoy the festive period with families and friends in their domain.

The Emirate Council, on the order of the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, had earlier cancelled the ritual (Itikaf), a spiritual devotion enjoyed in the Central Mosque in the last 10 days of Ramadan, owing to security threat.

The decision of the emirate to halt the traditional “Sallah” activities, according to Sunusi, was occasioned by the ill-health of Emir of Kano, Bayero. “On the authority of the Emir, Alhaji Ado Bayero, I convey high regard and peaceful celebration of the Sallah to all Muslims in Kano. The Emir enjoins everyone to use the occasion of the Sallah and end of Ramadan to pray for the country.”

The Guardian however gathered that the developments were not unconnected with the prevailing security challenges in the country.

Only recently, the JTF uncovered a bomb factory with series of improvised explosive devices and arrested several suspected members of Boko Haram sect who affirmed calculated attempt to disrupt the Eid-El-Fitri celebration.

Kano Police Command early in the week told journalists that security was on the high spirit to forestall any attempt to truncate peaceful celebration, while appealing to the public to report suspected criminals to police.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95764:kano-emirate-suspends-routine-eid-el-fitri-activities&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by Chanchit: 9:13am On Aug 16, 2012
There shall be no peace for the wicked.... What a coincidence, Hamburg declearing a public holiday for muslims, Emir telling his people to go chop their salah ram inside their room jeje...
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by RichDad1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2012
The Monster you created is now Hunting you. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by accused(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
hmmmm afriad of ur own monster ?

1 Like

Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by jude33084(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
Finally dem don release ♍♈ ban grin

Evil mods angry
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by Mucokey(m): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2012
what ever a man sow so ll he reap...says de good book
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by Duxe(f): 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
#Mixed feelings...

So, ebo nnam die? undecided
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by Moukafoam(f): 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
Imagine ∂ whole Kano empire suspending an Islamic celebration?! Kasala don burst! shocked

I will want thank them sha, atleast for peace Ť☺ reign cool
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by ifeteminikan: 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
Rich Dad: The Monster you created is now Hunting you. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Gbam, Gbam, Gbam, right on point my person....... It will definately hunt them forever. i just dey pity the innocent ones.

1 Like

Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by sawyer89: 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
What a sudden twist of fate!The once upon a time commercial city turning to a ghost town just because of the "Monster" reared and nurtured by her power drunk elite.What a pity.
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by airfinance(m): 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
Chanchit: There shall be no peace for the wicked.... What a coincidence, Hamburg declearing a public holiday for muslims, Emir telling his people to go chop their salah ram inside their room jeje...
If it wld not be convinient forr the german. They would not have declared that holiday forr the muslims trust me. These people are so westernized and moving along religious and ethnic harmony so long as you can develop and contribute to their economy. If you think all muslims are terrorist what do you call fashola and the yorubas even some hausas that knows more about the religion.the fact is what is happening in nigeria today is politcal.
My friend wise up cos I know you are more enlightened.
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by jude33084(m): 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
...according to Sunusi, was occasioned by the ill-health of Emir of Kano, Bayero. “On the authority of the Emir, Alhaji Ado Bayero,

cheesy cheesy see excuse cheesy cheesy

Wahala dey oh grin
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by abe4kom: 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
One Man's Terrorist is another man's freedom fighter!
Buhahahahaha grin grin grin grin

Now your freedom fighter have just denied you the freedom to celebrate! Buhahahahaha grin grin grin grin

Stupidos!!

3 Likes

Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by jude33084(m): 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
airfinance:
If it wld not be convinient forr the german. They would not have declared that holiday forr the muslims trust me. These people are so westernized and moving along religious and ethnic harmony so long as you can develop and contribute to their economy. If you think all muslims are terrorist what do you call fashola and the yorubas even some hausas that knows more about the religion.the fact is what is happening in nigeria today is politcal.
My friend wise up cos I know you are more enlightened.

♍♈ guy I did ♍♈ service in Gombe, after ♍♈ service I remain ther for ∂ year or so before moving Ť☺ Jos. Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ so called Hausa intellegent muslims are even worste than τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ illiterate ones angry
There was ∂ t̶̲̥̅̊iϻe in Nafada(gombe near Potiskum) when armajiris started attacking christians Ŧħåϯ they are τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ cause of τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ rain not falling Őᵑ t̶̲̥̅̊iϻe. Imagine?! ΆŋԂ τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ so called educated ones refuse Ť☺ tell them about global warming sad

Those guys are evil abegi!
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by jimino(m): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
Pickin wer say e mama no go slp, dat pickin no go slp too. Dats all i hv 2 say.
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by jamil2(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
NLers and their hatred. BH are threat to the Muslim now however many dudes here they have their believe on churches and Xtians are the major target of BH but why the city that has high number of (BH as you claimed) muslim suspended the occasion that they are practising so long? Back to topic good movement thank you Emir for the wisdom and preventing the masses from suffering.

1 Like

Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
jude33084:

♍♈ guy I did ♍♈ service in Gombe, after ♍♈ service I remain ther for ∂ year or so before moving Ť☺ Jos. Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ so called Hausa intellegent muslims are even worste than τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ illiterate ones angry
There was ∂ t̶̲̥̅̊iϻe in Nafada(gombe near Potiskum) when armajiris started attacking christians Ŧħåϯ they are τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ cause of τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ rain not falling Őᵑ t̶̲̥̅̊iϻe. Imagine?! ΆŋԂ τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ so called educated ones refuse Ť☺ tell them about global warming sad

Those guys are evil abegi!

Chai!!! Ignorance na bad thing o!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by Remii(m): 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
jamil!:
NLers and their hatred. BH are threat to the Muslim now however many dudes here they have their believe on churches and Xtians are the major target of BH but why the city that has high number of (BH as you claimed) muslim suspended the occasion that they are practising so long? Back to topic good movement thank you Emir for the wisdom and preventing the masses from suffering.

Jamil, there is nothing Muslims can do to please these people with mindset in stone. If you critizice BH, you are laying, if you keep silent , you are supporting BH. If Bh killed 100 muslims, it's ok, to them, the day the dogs venture attack a church there will so much screamin in the land. Someone should tell me what advantage is the activities of these animals called bh to muslims? Just because the faceless cowards say they are islamic group, is that enough? If one comes up and say he is Xtian after slealing your money are you going to call police to arrest a criminal or you just let him go being your partner in faith?
So best thing is to ignore these bigots and pray that Allah expose the criminals disturbing peace of the land hiding under religious sentiments in the land

4 Likes

Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by ismhab(m): 12:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
Moukafoam: Imagine ∂ whole Kano empire suspending an Islamic celebration?! Kasala don burst! shocked

I will want thank them sha, atleast for peace Ť☺ reign cool
WHO TOLD U IS AN ISLAMIC CELEBRATION? MUMU.
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by DANILSA(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
Another man's freedom fighter is another man's nightmare.
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by jude33084(m): 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
ismhab:
WHO TOLD U IS AN ISLAMIC CELEBRATION? MUMU.

Maybe its ∂ christian celebration oga undecided
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by Mavrick2012: 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
HNosegbe: FOR the first time in 49 years on throne, the Kano Emirate Council has suspended all traditional routine during Eid-El-Fitri celebration apart from the early morning “raka” prayers at the Eid ground.

Wamban Kano, Alhaji Abbas Sunusi disclosed this yesterday while briefing journalists at the emir’s palace. He rather requested Muslim faithful to peacefully enjoy the festive period with families and friends in their domain.

The Emirate Council, on the order of the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, had earlier cancelled the ritual (Itikaf), a spiritual devotion enjoyed in the Central Mosque in the last 10 days of Ramadan, owing to security threat.

The decision of the emirate to halt the traditional “Sallah” activities, according to Sunusi, was occasioned by the ill-health of Emir of Kano, Bayero. “On the authority of the Emir, Alhaji Ado Bayero, I convey high regard and peaceful celebration of the Sallah to all Muslims in Kano. The Emir enjoins everyone to use the occasion of the Sallah and end of Ramadan to pray for the country.”

The Guardian however gathered that the developments were not unconnected with the prevailing security challenges in the country.

Only recently, the JTF uncovered a bomb factory with series of improvised explosive devices and arrested several suspected members of Boko Haram sect who affirmed calculated attempt to disrupt the Eid-El-Fitri celebration.

Kano Police Command early in the week told journalists that security was on the high spirit to forestall any attempt to truncate peaceful celebration, while appealing to the public to report suspected criminals to police.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95764:kano-emirate-suspends-routine-eid-el-fitri-activities&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
he who brings log infested wit ant to d house invites lizard
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by Mavrick2012: 1:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
HNosegbe: FOR the first time in 49 years on throne, the Kano Emirate Council has suspended all traditional routine during Eid-El-Fitri celebration apart from the early morning “raka” prayers at the Eid ground.

Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by Mavrick2012: 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2012

Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by Horo(m): 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2012
Brilliant moved at least lives and properties will be protected may we see the end of this evil doers ameen
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by jamil2(m): 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
Remii:

Jamil, there is nothing Muslims can do to please these people with mindset in stone. If you critizice BH, you are laying, if you keep silent , you are supporting BH. If Bh killed 100 muslims, it's ok, to them, the day the dogs venture attack a church there will so much screamin in the land. Someone should tell me what advantage is the activities of these animals called bh to muslims? Just because the faceless cowards say they are islamic group, is that enough? If one comes up and say he is Xtian after slealing your money are you going to call police to arrest a criminal or you just let him go being your partner in faith?
So best thing is to ignore these bigots and pray that Allah expose the criminals disturbing peace of the land hiding under religious sentiments in the land
my brother the level of bigotry here is always increasing and one thing with many people on NL is sentiment has won their minds they can't use brain before typing a comment on thread that has to do with islam objectively rather blindly typed whatever comes to their mind with aim of black paint it, and on the other hand to support on what they based their lives upon.
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by mallorca(m): 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
Mavrick2012: he who brings log infested wit ant to d house invites lizard
Well said
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by gbadexy(m): 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
Chanchit: There shall be no peace for the wicked.... What a coincidence, Hamburg declearing a public holiday for muslims, Emir telling his people to go chop their salah ram inside their room jeje...
And you know for a fact that he is a sponsor of boko haram?
I thank God I am not a christian going by the comments here.
So the people of kano would be happy not to celebrate their sallah freely?
I was of the opinion that the emir actually cried after the kano attack and the entire kano has been against boko haram that they can't stay there.
What do you think makes it possible for JTF to locate and engage boko haram hideouts and their bomb factory in kano if not intelligence by the people.
I maintain that the christians here are sadistic, judgeful, unrepentent and ignorant/deliberately hateful hypocrites that haven't shown qualities worthy of emulation or similar to what they claim their bible preach and definitely not like Jesus they say they want to emulate.
There is no pleasing or appealing to reason with you lot, I really dread what would have happened had you been born in the north or if your pastors use one of the several ambiguous verses to instruct you to bomb and kill. It has been done before during the crusade and is still happening both as witnessed in reverend kings church in nigeria, a church were partners were swapped in lagos and several more in america.
I've taken time to download links to the various religious deviant groups abroad that have been brainwashed into mass murder and mass suicide.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_suicide
http://listverse.com/2007/09/15/top-10-cults/
http://tpjmagazine.us/adams19

1 Like

Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by nagoma(m): 1:47pm On Aug 16, 2012

This report is totally distorted. No wonder it's from the guardian , not a north friendly paper. The only Sallah festivity cancelled is the durbar and the emir mentioned his I'll health as a reason. The mention of which was carefully avoided by the source.
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by mmmustapha(m): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hear dis fake xtians, do ur things n allow us to do urs, wetin concern u wit it
Re: Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian by muktarmtt(m): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2012
jude33084:

Maybe its ∂ christian celebration oga undecided

is jst a traditional celebretion u fool e no concern u punk ass so shut d Bleep up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Muslims Touch Their Chest After Exchanging Handshake??? / Significance Of The Day Of Arafat / Prophetic Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.