Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Linux - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Linux (989 Views)

Linux Administration (redhat) Training Center Needed In Lagos / Best Red Hat Linux Online Training / Learn Oracle Database 11g On Linux: Simplified! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linux by fellow(m): 8:16am On Dec 25, 2007
i would like to ask if there's any place in Ibadan i can learn linux?

Very urgent plz
Re: Linux by dejiman(m): 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2007
I guess NIIT should be in Ibadan too. But not withstanding when you search very well you will see.
I will also like to ask about a place where I can learn LINUX in lagos. I mean Linux certified place.
Thanks.
Re: Linux by Chustar(m): 3:21am On Dec 30, 2007
I doubt if you will find a "Linux certified place" The problem is that the Linux OS is not like Microsoft or Apple, there is no regulated board watching over it. If you really want to learn it, the first step would be to download a Distro and start using it! After all, you didn't take classes on Windows before you started using it, you?
I recommend Ubuntu. <www.ubuntu.com> and fedora <www.fedoraproject.org> They are both free to download and use.
There are still hundreds more out there and most of them are free. Detailed installation instructions are also found on the websites.
I have tried both, and although I prefer fedora, people say ubuntu is better. I still use vista, so i don't care much about Linux anymore.
As for places where you can learn Linux, I agree with the other guy about NIIT. I haven't been there yet, but I have heard some really good things about them.
Re: Linux by adewsteve: 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2007
I think i can introduce you to some1 to teach you what he knows he base in ibadan if you are ready to learn email me on adewsteve@yahoo.com for a private conversation.

(1) (Reply)

U Can Be Ccna Certified On Ur Own. / Prometric/ Vue Testing Centres For Certifications / New Pmp Question Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.