Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Google Will Move Into Sms Advertising Soon - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Google Will Move Into Sms Advertising Soon (862 Views)

How Google+ Will Soon Overtake Facebook / Cost Of Billboard Advertising In Nigeria (Abuja)? / Advertising On Nigerian TV And Radio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Will Move Into Sms Advertising Soon by PGON(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2012
Google, World no.1 search engine and arguably world's biggest email provide recently added a new service. This service will enable Gmail users to (optional) receive their E-mail messages via SMS on the provided mobile number. (this service is free)

I' m Currently enjoying the service. I don't have to check my email every now and then, Instead i get sms . If the email is worth replying to then i can open my inbox.

Lately i figured out where Google is going. If they can send E-mail via sms, they can equally send ads via sms.
Re: Google Will Move Into Sms Advertising Soon by oloyedejamiu: 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2012
so how did u configured the google sms
Re: Google Will Move Into Sms Advertising Soon by PGON(m): 9:37am On Aug 20, 2012
oloyede jamiu :
so how did u configured the google sms

No configuration needed.

Google is still testing this service.
They provided it to only few people for testing purpose.
Re: Google Will Move Into Sms Advertising Soon by databoy247(m): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2012
I guess he was asking how you configured the email to sms package.
Re: Google Will Move Into Sms Advertising Soon by PGON(m): 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2012
databoy247: I guess he was asking how you configured the email to sms package.

no configuration needed.

just sign in to your email account
Google will ask you if you want to receive your email as sms
Re: Google Will Move Into Sms Advertising Soon by Skulboy(m): 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
PGON: Google, World no.1 search engine and arguably world's biggest email provide recently added a new service. This service will enable Gmail users to (optional) receive their E-mail messages via SMS on the provided mobile number. (this service is free)

I' m Currently enjoying the service. I don't have to check my email every now and then, Instead i get sms . If the email is worth replying to then i can open my inbox.

Lately i figured out where Google is going. If they can send E-mail via sms, they can equally send ads via sms.

Don't think I can subscribe to this service for now because I'm still trying to manage the incoming SMS on my phone - but it's a nice one which I'll subscribe to soon. I no wan run mad.

(1) (Reply)

A Message To All Scammers In The Business Section Of NAIRALAND! / Who Has Got Poultry Space For Lease? / Nissan Motor Sued Nissan Computer For Trademark Infringement, Trademark Dilution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.