Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,153 members, 7,957,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:44 AM

The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) (2777 Views)

What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians / New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio / Rick Ross Is Dope! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) by Revolva(m): 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2012
issued a detailed response to EurWeb.com in response to the Rolling Stone interview by Rozay (@ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE HITS STANDS TODAY):
The answers by Rozay to being a correctional officer in this Rolling Stone article were BS, this is scripted to make it look like he had some struggle. No one tells you to go be a correctional officer before all the other jobs that build our community such as a Carpenter, Mechanic or Preacher.

They especially wont say it when their son just got convicted for a long sentence behind unfair drug laws. They tell you get a job , and don’t do crime. They don’t say “William my son is in jail for 20 years for a nonviolent offense, save yourself and go become his guard be a correctional officer.” William never sold drugs, so the whole idea he had to wash his hands is never cleared up. Why would you wash your hands for somebody else selling drugs, that you happened to know. Rozay needs to read Michelle Alexander’s book New Jim Crow to understand why that’s the case, and his real place in the crack epidemic. He also never tells us a name for this created friend. This is a disrespect to everyone who actually lived the game, people are serving 20 years all because they had to for survival and this guy is using my life and name this way.

“The companies cannot wait to develop artist so they try to Fast Forward their talent,” Lyor Cohen said in an interview.

We believe this “fast forward” approach is what happened in the case with my name and William “Rozay” Roberts. There was an understanding of the value of my name, because of multiple millions being pushed globally, by all major news outlets to cover the Iran Contra and Crack epidemic and my involvement as Rick Ross. These music executives recognized it and set up to steal that value, because I had a life sentence and refused to include me in the process. I believe our kids need to see more than the glamor of my life, they need to see the cost too.

This is different from the case of Jay-Z/Jaz-O or 50 Cent/50 Cent for two fundamental reasons.

First – This is my birth name, it is not a nick name. As a result, what Rozay UMG/Warner did was when Rozay came out, they created confusion to the point that people thought I was a rapper giving automatic authenticity to William’s presentation of my life. That is not what happened with 50 cent or Jaz-O. These were understood as nicknames and no one actually thought Curtis was 50 Cent the robber, or Jay-Z was Jaz-O. People thought William was actually me, and his first single only solidified that was his intent by talking about all the pieces in the “Dark Alliance.” Manuel Noriega is a major player in the Iran-Contra Scandal. It’s undisputed, when Rozay said “I know Pablo, Noriega, the real Noriega. He owe me a hundred favors.” That is a direct correlation to my life. In an era where people will search your background, they looked and searched and thought he had lived my life and he gained support. I am 100% confident that if he had started off as a rapper and named himself William Roberts, and rapped about being a correctional officer, he would have never been successful.

Second: My name, unlike many others, is global. It was not just recognized on a normal neighborhood level. For the good and bad of it, I am one of the largest to have been in the drug business. When you look up Drug lord on Wikipedia it goes Manuel Noriega, Pablo Escobar then me Rick Ross. This scale of brand is entirely different than other examples, where the artist such as Sean Carter or Curtis Jackson had to create global consumer recognition. The name Rick Ross already had global recognition, unlike the prior examples. When I got out I met with the top execs in Hollywood within a week of leaving prison because of my story and my life.

http://allhiphop.com/2012/08/16/freeway-ricky-ross-the-response-to-rick-ross-interview-with-rolling-stone

Re: The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) by kay29000(m): 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2012
I didn,'t know any "rik ross the drug dealer" before rick ross startd rapping, so what he is saying doesnt hold water. And he is not worth $600million; he was estimated to have made $600 million during his years as an active drug dealer...ofcos, he would have spent that as fast as he was making it.

And he already lost his case in court, so what are we talking about? I do feel his pain for fighting for his name, but it looks more like he is not happy that rick ross is successful and he nolonger has a life. If not, why isnt he fighting "freeway" of the former rocafella records, who is also using his identity (full grown beared) and name? Is is cos that one is not successful?

1 Like

Re: The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) by Revolva(m): 5:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
kay29000: I didn,'t know any "rik ross the drug dealer" before rick ross startd rapping, so what he is saying doesnt hold water. And he is not worth $600million; he was estimated to have made $600 million during his years as an active drug dealer...ofcos, he would have spent that as fast as he was making it.
And he already lost his case in court, so what are we talking about? I do feel his pain for fighting for his name, but it looks more like he is not happy that rick ross is successful and he nolonger has a life. If not, why isnt he fighting "freeway" of the former rocafella records, who is also using his identity (full grown beared) and name? Is is cos that one is not successful?

See bro in the streets in america realness is no joke - wat freeway rick was angry about is many he aint jealous about rozay wealth he is happy that his fellow black brother is makin it - but rozay has bleeped up liein in his rap he sold drugs he owns cartel and which he never did he was just a prison officer and there was a time he gave his boyz a fone number to give rozay to call him while he was jailed - rozay promised to call but soon rozay did not call and did not visit him in prison rozay had to change his fone - so as freeway boiz can't reach him( scared fat bitch) that was when the whole name tin got loud - if rozay respected him and paid his dues to him while he was in jail all dis shit won't happen to rozay who is a liar - dats was when rozay quickly adopted that signature ricky rozay after the port of miami debut album- he was from a good background no criinal record and disrespectin loyal bosses who were tru to d game , BMF black mafia family - had no affilaite with rozay - they don't know him when BMF were makin noize in america fightin for the comon blackman in d street to eat - where was rozay ? He was somewhere officer william robert as a prison warder - lol and who told you freeway rick ross aint worth 600milla because he was black and he does drug - the whites won't want a black man to go pass em - dat america for you
Re: The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 25, 2012
Revolva:

See bro in the streets in america realness is no joke - wat freeway rick was angry about is many he aint jealous about rozay wealth he is happy that his fellow black brother is makin it - but rozay has bleeped up liein in his rap he sold drugs he owns cartel and which he never did he was just a prison officer and there was a time he gave his boyz a fone number to give rozay to call him while he was jailed - rozay promised to call but soon rozay did not call and did not visit him in prison rozay had to change his fone - so as freeway boiz can't reach him( scared fat bitch) that was when the whole name tin got loud - if rozay respected him and paid his dues to him while he was in jail all dis shit won't happen to rozay who is a liar - dats was when rozay quickly adopted that signature ricky rozay after the port of miami debut album- he was from a good background no criinal record and disrespectin loyal bosses who were tru to d game , BMF black mafia family - had no affilaite with rozay - they don't know him when BMF were makin noize in america fightin for the comon blackman in d street to eat - where was rozay ? He was somewhere officer william robert as a prison warder - lol and who told you freeway rick ross aint worth 600milla because he was black and he does drug - the whites won't want a black man to go pass em - dat america for you
oh boy see people just dey quote wetin dem no know
Re: The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) by turl(m): 8:45am On Aug 25, 2012
milehigh06:

cheesy cheesy cheesy oboy free the guy make we hear analysis abeg
Re: The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2012
I am 100% confident that if he had started off as a rapper and named himself William Roberts, and rapped about being a correctional officer, he would have never been successful.

lol grin
Re: The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) by Revolva(m): 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2012
milehigh06:
Come dude am not postin here to hate I am telling you the truth and fact - its bitter to hear and you guys just listen to rap because its now everybody jingles -- if you follow hiphop from let me say late 90s am sure you will ave a mind like myne - there is nothing new under the sun what rozay is doing all those cars ,moet , bitches people have done it before he started -- freewayricky said his mind william robert rozay did not sell any drug in his life as what he raps about
Re: The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 31, 2012
Revolva:
Come dude am not postin here to hate I am telling you the truth and fact - its bitter to hear and you guys just listen to rap because its now everybody jingles -- if you follow hiphop from let me say late 90s am sure you will ave a mind like myne - there is nothing new under the sun what rozay is doing all those cars ,moet , bitches people have done it before he started -- freewayricky said his mind william robert rozay did not sell any drug in his life as what he raps about
EMM,I would rather hear from the horse's mouth than read stuff every where and I am not saying you are hating,just wasnt so sure of your facts
Not claiming to know ricky well,infact,only met him once and based on what i heard from whom I met him thru,some stuff are really not true but not a snitch and not intrested in leaking peoples secret most especially since it will not add a dollar to my pocket
Re: The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) by Nobody: 3:07am On Aug 31, 2012
Revolva:
and yes,what you said above is true
Re: The Real Rick Ross (free Way Rick Ross Was Worth 600 Mill USD) by Revolva(m): 8:01am On Aug 31, 2012
milehigh06:
and yes,what you said above is true
Dats was up the real true so which other horses mouf you wanna wait to hear from- yankee background check is factful -just his ssn number has revealed everything in his past life - lol mr rozay self acclaimed boss-pushin kilos lol- whenever u meet him again tell him -to try pay homage to freeway his trouble will be over

(1) (Reply)

LYRICS: Falz Ft Tekno & Skales - 406 Na D Code / I Just Found The Best Nigerian Music Website / In Search Of Music Schools In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.