Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Black Empire - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Black Empire (1882 Views)

History Of The Oyo Empire / The Ghana Empire - 300 CE / The Great Songhai Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Empire by bittyend(m): 2:46am On Aug 18, 2012

1 Like

Re: Black Empire by bittyend(m): 2:48am On Aug 18, 2012
^Big up man like Jaja Soze, all dem Brixton mandem, JA mandem, and all mandem from the UK turning their lives around, and embracing the new found consciousness.
Re: Black Empire by onila(f): 2:56am On Aug 18, 2012
yaaaay! Bittyend is back!!! smiley

NL back on track!
Re: Black Empire by PhysicsQED(m): 3:58am On Aug 18, 2012
All that conscious stuff is nice, but right now, I'm listening to "God Forgives, I Don't" grin

I don't even like Rick Ross or what he represents, but I can't pretend that album isn't fire. I don't skip a single track on it.

Also that new Nas album is really good.
Re: Black Empire by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 18, 2012
onila: yaaaay! Bittyend is back!!! smiley

NL back on track!
lol, I was about to say Shymmex is back!!!
oops lipsrsealed, Welcome back Bittyend!!!

@Thread: heard it all b4, nothing new.
Wasn't impressed....Wait??!! Wat was that about princess Diana..... I dey come
Re: Black Empire by bittyend(m): 11:32pm On Aug 18, 2012
PhysicsQED: All that conscious stuff is nice, but right now, I'm listening to "God Forgives, I Don't" grin

I don't even like Rick Ross or what he represents, but I can't pretend that album isn't fire. I don't skip a single track on it.

Also that new Nas album is really good.

The new Nas album is dope, and I'm the biggest Nas' fan in the world..

I've listened a couple of tracks off the Rick Ross' album, I'll probably buy it this week as well..

Rick Ross and arguably Kendrick Lamar are the hottest rappers out now..
Re: Black Empire by somalia1: 8:50am On Sep 08, 2012
the word black and empire dont deserve to be in the same sentence. unless if you consider somalis, ethiopians as blacks.
Re: Black Empire by tearjerker: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2012
somalia1: the word black and empire dont deserve to be in the same sentence. unless if you consider somalis, ethiopians as blacks.

Everyone else in the world thinks they are black. Please fill me in?
Re: Black Empire by somalia1: 7:52am On Sep 09, 2012
black is a color. not a dna...not a race, not an ethinicity.

Somali is an ethnicity. Somalia is a country.

You guys are negroid. We are not. We are somali. not good to claim people.

1 Like

Re: Black Empire by tearjerker: 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2012
somalia1: black is a color. not a dna...not a race, not an ethinicity.

I am not African and am confused by your statement, this is truly learning for me. Basically, my understanding is that people are of African, European, Asian, Indian, American, or Middle Eastern Descent, regionally. (Maybe I left a few out.) And in Africa, you have of black/indigenous Africans, White/European/Caucasian Africans, Asian/Chinese Africans, and Middle Eastern/Arab Africans. Which of these would categorize samoli people if asked by someone abroad?

Usually the word black is used in other countries to identify someone with African ancestry, White is used to identify someone of European Ancestry, Sand colored/Brown/ Middle Eastern is used to identify anyone from Iraq. Arab, Iran, etc., and Asian is used to identify someone from, Japan, China, Taiwan, etc.

So maybe, to be politically correct, people should refer to indigenous Africans and people of African descent as being of the African Race and not the black race?... Although, in countries other than Africa, African descent = black.
Re: Black Empire by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 11, 2012
@ topic:

i GUESS i will listen. tongue

@bitty

i am going to have to steal your signature...

Man can't even play on NL without NL espionage.Are you the police?? Stop following me everywhere, psychotic dolts..
Re: Black Empire by Nobody: 3:16am On Sep 11, 2012
bittyend: Black Empire - Jaja Soze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a8OspHb6b4

[size=38pt]
OMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG!![/size]

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig uppppppppppppppppp!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

THIS IS SSSSSOOOOOOOO REAL!!!!!

Bitty big up yourself for this one!!
Re: Black Empire by MrsChima1(f): 3:17am On Sep 11, 2012
LMAO@Black Empire. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Look at the Blacks killing each other over some Air Jordans.
Look at the Blacks killing each other over who "pure" and who is not.
Look at the Blacks blowing each other up in Africa because they don't like the religion one practices.
Look at the Black men in USA/UK sitting in jail because they are..............
Look at the Black men scamming innocent White/Asian/Black because they want spinners on their rims and the newest Blackberry.

Yeah...Black Empire is coming to the nearest pitfall near you. cheesy cheesy
Re: Black Empire by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 11, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
LMAO@Black Empire. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Look at the Blacks killing each other over some Air Jordans.
Look at the Blacks killing each other over who "pure" and who is not.
Look at the Blacks blowing each other up in Africa because they don't like the religion one practices.
Look at the Black men in USA/UK sitting in jail because they are..............
Look at the Black men scamming innocent White/Asian/Black because they want spinners on their rims and the newest Blackberry.

Yeah...Black Empire is coming to the nearest pitfall near you. cheesy cheesy

you didnt watch the video.

clearly. grin
Re: Black Empire by MrsChima1(f): 3:19am On Sep 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

you didnt watch the video.

clearly. grin

Let me watch the video and not read the title. GIve me a minute.

I watched it...and he is basically saying what I am saying. But....i hear him.
Re: Black Empire by Nobody: 3:19am On Sep 11, 2012
im definitely going to fav. that one and subscribe to that brother.

the part where he talked about Islam and the drugg trade...man this shyt is DEEP!
Re: Black Empire by MrsChima1(f): 3:24am On Sep 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin: im definitely going to fav. that one and subscribe to that brother.

the part where he talked about Islam and the drugg trade...man this shyt is DEEP!

Your arse gon get enough subscribing to folks! He is gon be at your door talking about drop it like it hot. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Empire by Nobody: 3:26am On Sep 11, 2012
"Ask your own kids they'll tell you, it's cool to be black
and you can call me ignorant,
im just sick of the crap,
like 'black boys killing each other, shooting the 'mac'
well guess what? its a white person who sold us the strap
we buy drugs from you, sell it back to you, you stuck in a trap

And i ain't even finished yet with this fake arab stuff
Praying (??) next to me but deep down you hate us
You think I forgot? you came to africa and sprayed us
stole our ancient scrolls beat and r@ped us
you're as bad as willy lynch..."

DEEEEEEEEP SHYT!!!
Re: Black Empire by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 11, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Your arse gon get enough subscribing to folks! He is gon be at your door talking about drop it like it hot. grin grin grin grin grin

LOL
not like that! tongue besides he seems to have his head on straight unlike some folks.

lol i havent even finished listening.

that first part got me so hype! grin
Re: Black Empire by Nobody: 3:34am On Sep 11, 2012
thats the type of ish that would make you stare at the black screen when it's over,
lost in thought! grin
Re: Black Empire by somalia3: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2012
LOL AT BLACK EMPIRE....HAHAHAHA

THANKS FOR THE LAUGH, I REALLY NEEDED IT.

ETHIOPIANS, AND SOMALIS ARE NOT BLACK...SO WHAT BLACK EMPIRE YOU TALKING ABOUT...LMAO
Re: Black Empire by ezeagu(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
somalia1: black is a color. not a dna...not a race, not an ethinicity.

Agreed. You are Ethiopoid though (sorry, that's what they call your 'race', if you want to call it a race).
Re: Black Empire by ezeagu(m): 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
tear_jerker:

I am not African and am confused by your statement, this is truly learning for me. Basically, my understanding is that people are of African, European, Asian, Indian, American, or Middle Eastern Descent, regionally. (Maybe I left a few out.) And in Africa, you have of black/indigenous Africans, White/European/Caucasian Africans, Asian/Chinese Africans, and Middle Eastern/Arab Africans. Which of these would categorize samoli people if asked by someone abroad?

Usually the word black is used in other countries to identify someone with African ancestry, White is used to identify someone of European Ancestry, Sand colored/Brown/ Middle Eastern is used to identify anyone from Iraq. Arab, Iran, etc., and Asian is used to identify someone from, Japan, China, Taiwan, etc.

So maybe, to be politically correct, people should refer to indigenous Africans and people of African descent as being of the African Race and not the black race?... Although, in countries other than Africa, African descent = black.

I do not like the term or term[b]s[/b] of race. If, however, you subscribe to race, then it's best to get all the information correct. The term black is foreign to Africa, even though people try to use it as a blanket term for cultures created by people with dark-skin. The term also was slightly, sort of, wonkily adopted by native Africans after the whole pan-Africanist anti-colonial thing. There is, however, no black identity in much of dark-skinned West Africa, apart from South Africa, Zimbabwe, and other places invaded by white skinned Europeans. So with all this 'Black African' has been an accepted for Somalis (maybe not completely by Somalis), and others, but in race terms the Somalis are Ethiopid, while other dark-skinned Africans are West African, Sahelian, Nilotic, Bantuid, and Khoisan under the "Negro race".
Re: Black Empire by somalia3: 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
ezeagu:

I do not like the term or term[b]s[/b] of race. If, however, you subscribe to race, then it's best to get all the information correct. The term black is foreign to Africa, even though people try to use it as a blanket term for cultures created by people with dark-skin. The term also was slightly, sort of, wonkily adopted by native Africans after the whole pan-Africanist anti-colonial thing. There is, however, no black identity in much of dark-skinned West Africa, apart from South Africa, Zimbabwe, and other places invaded by white skinned Europeans. So with all this 'Black African' has been an accepted for Somalis (maybe not completely by Somalis), and others, but in race terms the Somalis are Ethiopid, while other dark-skinned Africans are West African, Sahelian, Nilotic, Bantuid, and Khoisan under the "Negro race".

agreed. black is more of a culture, history, and a certain look. genetically somali, ethiopians, eritreans, sudan, djibouti are their own race that is not negroid.

if you call somalis, eritrean, ethiopians black...than all you have is just black and white...but 100 million ethiopians, somalis, eritreans, sudanse, cant be combined with negroids...negroids claim us mostly out of insecurity and to strech the meaning of black so that not all blacks look ugly.
Re: Black Empire by ezeagu(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
I don't know about beauty. I think you just seem like you're out to troll and be mean by saying immature stuff like that instead of trying to clarify your identity, but I won't comment on that. But to black nationalists the Kush and Nubia empires are a cornerstone of black history according to them.

Anyway, it makes sense for Somalis and other Ethiopids to be called black since that is how they are treated all over the world.
Re: Black Empire by somalia3: 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
we are somali. we have diffrent dna and look diffrent.

somalis owned negroid slaves.
Re: Black Empire by hardniola(m): 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
every african child born nd unborn most watch d video
am subscribing to JAJA now
Re: Black Empire by tearjerker: 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
somalia3:

agreed. black is more of a culture, history, and a certain look. genetically somali, ethiopians, eritreans, sudan, djibouti are their own race that is not negroid.

if you call somalis, eritrean, ethiopians black...than all you have is just black and white...but 100 million ethiopians, somalis, eritreans, sudanse, cant be combined with negroids...negroids claim us mostly out of insecurity and to strech the meaning of black so that not all blacks look ugly.

I don't understand your statement that "ethiopians, somalis, eritreans, sudanse" are good looking. You have ugly and pretty people in in both East and west Africa.

Your statement is really insulting. I have seen beautiful women all over Africa from dark to light, from nappy to straight hair.

I think its silly for me to even comment on this. It's apparent that the person that I'm commenting to has probably never stepped foot out of their own country.

1 Like

Re: Black Empire by tearjerker: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
African Somalis and Ethiopians should ask the ones abroad if they are black or not. Outside of Africa, unless you are white African, the rest of the world views you all the same. It seems to me that the Ethiopians and Salamis think that west Africans are beneath them, thus the need to be separate. Where I come from, an African is and African and is of the black race when it comes to identifying them, no matter if its East, West, South, or North.

I'm African American, but felt obligated to defend Ethiopia against negative, derogatory comments made by white co-workers. It was my African Ancestry and slight knowledge of some African countries that prompted me to do this.

My co-workers thought that Ethiopia was the "poorest, diseased" country in the world, but I guess they can attribute their ignorance to those "Feed the Children" Commercials that come on here.
Re: Black Empire by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ppl stick to something important....like the actual topic.
Re: Black Empire by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
hardniola: every african child born nd unborn most watch d video
am subscribing to JAJA now

Exactly. cool
Re: Black Empire by TerryCarr(m): 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
ezeagu:

the Khoisan would not be could "negroid" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capoid

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alaafin Sets The Record Straight, Refutes Ooni's Claim On Yoruba Ancestral Ties / Calabar Fattening Rooms / History Of Ifako-ijaye (or Iju Ifako)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.