Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,895 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

A Month To Uk Visa Expiration Would I Be Allowed In. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Month To Uk Visa Expiration Would I Be Allowed In. (2429 Views)

Am Close To My Visa Expiration Date, Can I Be Allowed Into UK? / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy / Can I Travel 2 Weeks Before Visa Expiration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Month To Uk Visa Expiration Would I Be Allowed In. by dafunchee: 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2007
A month to uk visa expiration would i be allowed to get in.I have been so busy i have not had the time to travel but my visa expires in a month's time .i had the Intention of going for a week but availability of space would not allow .nairalanders, biko.
Re: A Month To Uk Visa Expiration Would I Be Allowed In. by funkybaby(f): 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2007
sure. You will be allowed in. You will probably be asked a lot of questions at the immigration control. Just explain to them that you've busy with work. I seriously advice you to take along with you your work place id card and a letter from your employer stating you are on your annual leave/vacation and you are expected back to work at 'so so' time. In summary, .i will call the letter 'permission to travel'. Another hint, travel through gatwick. Lesser hassles than heathrow. Best of luck!
Re: A Month To Uk Visa Expiration Would I Be Allowed In. by dafunchee: 2:39pm On Dec 26, 2007
@funky baby

Really i intend going to manchester and would prefer to take emirates airline because from nigeria to dubai straight to manchester.advice on this.Thanks
Re: A Month To Uk Visa Expiration Would I Be Allowed In. by dafunchee: 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2007
@funkybaby,

I own the company and i dont know what kind of document would be relevant apart from my office ID card
Re: A Month To Uk Visa Expiration Would I Be Allowed In. by funkybaby(f): 2:48pm On Dec 26, 2007
you are going through dubai? shocked

do you intend shopping at dubai

cos the last time i checked, its about 16hrs journey from nigeria to uk via dubai (inclusive of the hours for stop over)

personally, it aint worth it. when a direct flight its about 6hours.

emirates airline aint even cheap. i have compared their air fares so many times with that of virgin nigeria and virgin atlantic, and it is always more expensive.

the only good thing i have heard is about their planes . large leg room, personal entertainment, blah blah blah.

personally, i wont go through the dubai route except i want to but stuff from the duty free shops. which i can always get in uk.

(1) (Reply)

Enquiry On Kano / Top Five Coldest Places On Earth. / Desperate Cross Border Migrants Freeze In Bondage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.