Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,958 members, 7,952,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:02 AM

Can U Cook? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can U Cook? (1297 Views)

(photo); What Will You Do If U Cook And Discover This? / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / The Food U Cook Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Cook? by raxikool(m): 2:17pm On Dec 26, 2007
Hello, am a Bachelor, i have been trying 2 cook fried rice but dnt knoiw the ingredients, and how it can be cooked pleaseeee helpppppppp smiley
Re: Can U Cook? by sexytitan(f): 6:40am On Jan 01, 2008
I'm no expert but i think i can get you on the right track.
U need some rice, salt, green peas, green pepper and a some other stuff that i cant seem to remember tongue. Dont mind me oh, i havent even made it b4 but i'm always around my mama. Just try to be creative.Who knows, if u mess up too much u could just create a new type of dish grin but remember - It has to be kinda light green in colour.
Re: Can U Cook? by sexytitan(f): 4:38am On Jan 05, 2008
I dug up some info just for u - and for me too. cheesy

Ingredients -
Green peas, rice, chopped up green pepper, chopped up liver(already cooked and seasoned), chopped up carrots, curry, thyme, salt , maggi, normal onions, spring onions(not neccesary), fried chicken/meat and bla bla bla

Method -
Parboil the rice till its half done and then sieve the water out.

Making the sauce
Get another pot and heat the groundnut oil used to fry the chicken/meat ( just for extra flavour)
Add onions(spring and normal)
add chopped up liver, carrots, green pepper, green peas, curry, thyme, salt, maggi(all at once)
Then leave to soften

Next -
Get a new pot for the fried rice and add the parboiled rice
then pour in the chicken/meat water used to cook and season the chicken/meat previously before frying
(Dont use liver water oh, it will darken the rice)
then pour in the made sauce, add some extra salt if needed
Finally leave to steam
(Reduce the heat so as to avoid burning because we just want to soften up the rice)

TIP:
Rice must not be too soft or else it will be sticky
Dont add extra water to the rice because that is the purpose of the chicken/meat water
The order in which u add the ingredients dosen't matter but just parboil the rice sha

Feel free to ask for my hand in marriage cool
. . . . just kidding!
Re: Can U Cook? by milca(f): 5:10am On Jan 05, 2008
na wa oh sexytitan were you working in a restaurant before. anyway i really love the way you 'downloaded' therecipe for dat guy i think you could start up a buisness.just place it on-lineyou will 'download' recipes for people and they will pay you asin into your bank account that is if you have one but if you don't you better go get one because cool cash will soon start flowing into your life.
just kidding though(TALKING FORM THE IGBO SIDE OF LIFE). cool
Re: Can U Cook? by almondjoy(f): 12:43am On Jan 06, 2008
Yes I can cook but I absolutely hate to. You get the lousiest fried rice in Nigerian restaurants and parties.  Some disgusting looking yellow curry colored rice with shrivelled up peas and carrots. Not to talk of rotten gizzard and shrimp that still has the veins in them. Please that is what Chinese, Japanese and Thai restaurants are for. 

I can never eat fried rice in a Nigerian environment.  Or dream of cooking fried rice myself. Just like telling a Chinese man to cook ogbonor soup!  Yuck!!!!!

@poster
Goodluck. Sorry I can't help you. kiss
Re: Can U Cook? by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 06, 2008
almondjoy u have never tried my fried rice, dont give up yet
Re: Can U Cook? by almondjoy(f): 12:54am On Jan 06, 2008
I bet davidylan. cheesy

Na Abeokuta style abi na Rochester style? shocked

I will commit that to prayer and let God give me permission to eat it. May it not be my "last supper" in Jesus' name.

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!
Re: Can U Cook? by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 06, 2008
na abeokuta style o grin cheesy grin after eating it you will beg for more.
Re: Can U Cook? by sexytitan(f): 7:14am On Jan 06, 2008
almondjoy, u neva chop my fried rice and u dey talk. Abeg talk well
Re: Can U Cook? by almondjoy(f): 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2008
Oya, make una cook am bring come. I dey wait ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!! tongue
Re: Can U Cook? by sexytitan(f): 2:07am On Jan 07, 2008
almondjoy, u like awoof o. Come let me teach u how to make the fried rice wella.Ur husband will be very grateful to me grin
Re: Can U Cook? by NaJaHaJe(f): 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
****** subcribing to thread******
Re: Can U Cook? by oziomatv(m): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2008
very well
Re: Can U Cook? by kenypumpin: 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2008
very well ,big time cook
Re: Can U Cook? by TOYOSI20(f): 2:26am On Feb 02, 2008
I cook pretty well.

I've been told that my cooking is simply the best.

I have my siblings asking for seconds, and thirds,
Re: Can U Cook? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2008
I can cook to save my life!
Re: Can U Cook? by kc08: 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2008
roxi I have no idea if you cooked ur fried rice. Thank God for sexytitan, for the rest of the ladies, when you've finished running ur mouths can someone that have cooked this rice volunteer a helping hand, just like sexytitan has offered the theory to a hungry bachelor, afta ol i was waiting to see a generous sister kisswilling to go give a brother on the job training undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Cream Cake / Tomatoes Scarcity: N800 Tomatoes / See Big Meat A Serving Corper In Bauchi Kill This Morning With Wire Trap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.