Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

The Strength His Joy Gives... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Strength His Joy Gives... (618 Views)

The 6 Unbelieveable Jawdropping Feats Of Strength In The Bible / The Strength In Knowledge / Christians Worship Zeus As Their Christ With All Their Heart, Soul And Strength (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Strength His Joy Gives... by spicyv1(f): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2012
I had just completed a task at noon today and felt somewhat excited at my results. Then I heard myself giving thanks to God by uttering these words, "thank you Lord for strength". I said those words repeatedly and whilst doing that, I found myself conversing with the Holyspirit.

Holyspirit: He brings the scripture θf Nehemiah to my remembrance, the Joy θf the Lord is my strength.

Me: I declared the scripture feeling joyful

Holyspirit: The strength that His joy brings is beyond the physical strength. It is an inner strength, the strengthening θf the soul!

Me: I pause for a few seconds and ponder on what the Spirit θf God just reveals and He continues...

Holyspirit: Depression, discouragement and sadness results in weakness θf the soul hence the lack θf zeal or enthusiasm to move forward or strive for greatness but the strength to keep going, to aspire for more, to push on inspite θf gigantic challenges and sorrow, comes from the Joy θf the Lord! All the courage you would ever need to face adversities lies in the joy θf the Lord!

And so, it really finally dawns on me what that scripture actually means because prior to this time, I usually just chanted the scripture and associated the strength with something physical! Now I know why it is critical for me to fill myself with His joy everyday!

Another thing I learnt is that thanksgiving activates His joy! It was afterall in the act θf giving thanks and experiencing His joy that the Holyspirit ministered.

Just thought to share.
One love..Christ's love.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Personal Prayer On Facebook / Why Do Muslims Think People Are Always Out To Rape Their Women / Outrage: Jamie Foxx Angers Christians By Calling President Obama Our Lord & S..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.