Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Ramadan & Eid - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan & Eid (955 Views)

Eid-El-Malud: Celebrants Block Road In Gombe State (Photos) / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak / Send Free Ramadan/eid Text Messages To Your Muslim Loved Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan & Eid by tbaba1234: 3:22am On Aug 19, 2012
The number of emotions, one goes through reciting through the ayahs of the Quran are indescribable.. There has never been a book that can bring matured men to tears over and over again. Getting struck by its words over and over again, such that the knees are overwhelmed to submission ... There has never been a book that can transform you so much....

Many times, that is all that is left, tears.... And many have been shed this month... The nights, we stood before our master for no other reason but His pleasure, reciting the timeless guidance, that penetrates the very soul..... Those nights, we felt as if the soul would fly away from within us...

Spontaneous bursts, soft silence sobs, teary eyes, intense crying or just quiet reflections... It all came..

As the imam approached the end of Juz Amma, It dawned that it was coming to an end.... And, i wept... Have i done enough to gain the pleasure of Allah? or Did i just lose another chance? Will I get ever another chance?

The month of the greatest mercy (Al-Quran) to humanity is over, we have 11 months to keep the faith..

Make Allah reward our efforts and forgive our shortcoming, May we meet another Ramadan…

Ameen

Eid Mubarak
Re: Ramadan & Eid by deols(f): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2012
amin.

even though am excited about eid I feel very bad that ramadan is gone. I keep thinking of how Much more I could have done and am worried sad I really want to see the next one. May Allah make it happen. May he accept our iba'dah, accept all our prayers and keep us firm in the deen.

I also pray to nairaland less henceforth undecided
Re: Ramadan & Eid by olawalebabs(m): 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2012
Some challenges that have been facing me for some months did not allow me to fully maximize this ramadan the way i wanted. I still feel pain that the holy month is gone. I pray to Allah to give us the grace to witness many of such on the surface of the earth. The little i was able to do, may he accept it as an act of ibadah.
Re: Ramadan & Eid by maclatunji: 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2012
olawalebabs: Some challenges that have been facing me for some months did not allow me to fully maximize this ramadan the way i wanted. I still feel pain that the holy month is gone. I pray to Allah to give us the grace to witness many of such on the surface of the earth. The little i was able to do, may he accept it as an act of ibadah.

Sorry about that and Ameen to your prayer.

I entered Ramadan with so many challenges but decided that I wouldn't be depressed about them trusting that Allah would make things better. A great part of those challenges are still here with me but I am so confident and optimistic about the future. I think today has capped the best Ramadan that I have ever had. I had areas where I fell short but I just have this "feeling good" buzz around me that I am thankful to Allah for.
Re: Ramadan & Eid by LagosShia: 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2012
Salam alaikum,
I am really happy this month of ramadan for the blessings and mercy of Almighty Allah.before the commencement of the fasting,I really saw it as a very big challenge.the first thing I did was to get my inner self ready for the task.I really know that fasting and acts of worship in the month of ramadan-from always being conscious of your actions to lowering your gaze to reciting the Quran-is not child's play.

This month has left me in a state of more consciousness to my duty towards Allah (swt) and having built more sense of guilt for whatever wrong action I undertake and whatever right action I neglect.

I am happy for the little I achieved.the month of ramadan is a great teacher of how to value time and to make sure we don't live our lives in vain.it is only when our stomachs are empty that we count the days and have a sense of value for the minute as it passes.months pass and years but we don't feel time and its effect except during the holy month.this has given me the resolve to ensure that I offer all my obligatory prayers on the right time as I am now very conscious of time.every salat missed or not prayed on time is gone! I hope we can all seize the opportunity to offer our salat dutifully as we should.this also made me remember the story of Imam Ali (as) on the battlefield either in the Battle of Siffeen or the Battle of Nahrwan.Imam Ali (as) stopped the fighting to offer salat.when questioned,he said all we are fighting for is for salat,I.e. The worship of Allah Ta'ala.likewise I recall Imam Hussain (as) in the scorching heat of the desert in the Battle of Karbala when his companions formed a human shield to block the arrows from reaching the Imam to offer salat.

I wish you all eid mubarak.may Allah (swt) make us more conscious of our duties toward Him.I pray He forgives our shortcomings and have mercy on our weaknesses.may He unite us to be true and sincere followers of Muhammad (sa) and the Ahlul-Bayt (as) of Muhammad (sa).

May we live long to see many more years to come to worship Allah (swt) and benefit from His mercy.may Allah (swt) bless you all.I seek your forgiveness from those I have offended and prayers from those who are pleased with me.

Salam,
Your humble brother in Islam-LagosShia

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Moral Islamic Values That Can Change The Society / Miraculous Appearance Of Image Of Dead Imam Attracts Crowd In Lagos / Beautiful Advice From An Islamic Scholar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.