Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Nigerian Student Facing Attempted Murder Charges.....please Spread The Word!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Student Facing Attempted Murder Charges.....please Spread The Word!!! (676 Views)

The Prisoner Who Got 4 Female Guards Pregnant While In Jail For Attempted Murder / Appeal Court Dismisses Murder Charges Against Al-mustapha / Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Facing Attempted Murder Charges.....please Spread The Word!!! by lat55(f): 1:37am On Aug 20, 2012
On August 14, 2012,  in the Leninsky district court of Lugansk Ukraine, the regular hearing Olaolu Sunki Femi – Nigerian student accused of attempted murder-planned 4 people. The basis of the charges – nothing but reading “victims.” Olaolu face life imprisonment.

The meeting lasted about 40 minutes. Board considered a petition Olaolu Femi lawyers to change the measure of restraint. The request is rejected, Femi remains in prison. Immediately after the announcement of the decision, the court adjourned until September 3. That is legally innocent man in  prison conditions for another three weeks. Incidentally, it is worth adding that the hearings on the case earlier transferred because the prosecutors and the State Prosecutor six months (!) Could not find a translator from English to the defendant.

THE FULL STORY

African Outlook gathered that the Nigerian identified as Olaolu Sunkanmi Femi and one of his friends were physically attacked in front of his apartment by four Ukrainian young men and two women who pulled them to the ground while hurling racist slurs on them.

According to eye witness account, Sunkanmi was said to have managed to get up and defended himself against the assailants with a glass from a broken bottle.
http://naijamayor.com/ukraine-racism-nigerian-student-olaolu-femi-face-life-imprisonment-in-ukraine-lets-support-olaolu-femi-share-the-news/
Re: Nigerian Student Facing Attempted Murder Charges.....please Spread The Word!!! by henrychubayo: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
Ukrain, russia, this are just few countries to live in. For the fact that you are black not necessarily that you are a nigerian but the colour of your skin make you a rejected human being. Our people should be careful about living or studying in those places. Those places are not safe and you are not sure what tomorrow will be like. Imagin what our brother is facing thru just because he defended himself against racist ppl.
Re: Nigerian Student Facing Attempted Murder Charges.....please Spread The Word!!! by lat55(f): 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
I knw ryt, I have a special love for Russia cuz I was blessed to live there for a few years and had the time of my life. My perception myt ve been diff if I were thr as a student. Truth is the students thr are nt treated in a good way. We shldnt be quick to ask 'what did u go do in a country lyk tht?' Most folks go thr in search of better education @ a cheaper rate than other ideal countries and the government of Nigeria sends lots of students to these countries on scholarship as well.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Proceduces That Lead To A Closed Thread / Your Blackberry Of Today Will Soon Become A Thrash Very Soon / HOW Is The Best Way Of Celebratin Ur BIRTHDAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.