|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1,949,173 members, 4,043,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 January 2018 at 07:01 PM
|Logic Questions by bunmioguns(m): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2012|
1. Imagine there are 3 coins on the table: gold, silver, and copper.
If you make a truthful statement, you will get one coin.
If you make a false statement, you will get nothing.
What sentence can guarantee you getting the gold coin?
2. A slim young man asked a girl on a date:
"I say something. If it is truthful, will you give me your photo?"
"Yes," replied miss.
"And if it is a lie, do not give me your photograph. Would you promise that?"
The girl agreed. Then the chap said such a sentence, that after a little while of thinking she realized, that if she wanted to honor her promise, she wouldn't have to give him a photo but a kiss.
What would you say (if you were him) to be kissed and so on?
3. Three missionaries and three cannibals want to get to the other side of a river. There is a small boat, which can fit only two. To prevent a tragedy, there can never be more cannibals than missionaries together.
4Parents with two children - a son and a daughter - came to a wide river. There was no bridge there. The only way to get to the other side was to ask a fisherman if he could lend them his boat. However, the boat could carry only one adult or two children.
How does the family get to the other side and return the boat to the fisherman?
5.Three humans, one big monkey and two small monkeys are to cross a river:
Only humans and the big monkey can row the boat.At all times, the number of humans on either side of the river must be greater or equal to the number of monkeys on that side. (Or else the humans will be eaten by the monkeys!)
The boat only has room for 2 (monkeys or humans).
Monkeys can jump out of the boat when it's banked.
6.How many flowers do I have if all of them are roses except two, all of them are tulips except two, and all of them are daisies except two?
7. How many times can you subtract the number 2 from the number 32?
|Re: Logic Questions by Onyiclassic(f): 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2012|
Am here 2 read a joke n nt 2 ansa questns MR BUNMIOGUNS
|Re: Logic Questions by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2012|
1. U make no statement at all
2. I wld update it soon
3. A missionary and a cannibal will cross.
4.* Assuming both children are A and B.
*The 2 children goes first. A then brings the boat back while B stays. *Mother goes and B brings the boat back.
*Both children cross again and A brings it back for d father who crosses and B brings it back to pick A and Both of them cross again
*A brings it back and d fisherman crosses and B brings it back to cross 2geda with A
*fisherman then cross back with d boat.
5. A human and a monkey crosses each time
6. Two flowers
tell me d one wey ah fail
|Re: Logic Questions by bunmioguns(m): 9:35am On Aug 23, 2012|
Onyiclassic: Am here 2 read a joke n nt 2 ansa questns MR BUNMIOGUNS
|Re: Logic Questions by bunmioguns(m): 9:36am On Aug 23, 2012|
Harbioollah: 1. U make no statement at all.
welldone jare.. . . .u tried
|Re: Logic Questions by speeder(m): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2012|
bunmioguns:the way u organised this is just confusing. U're suppose to post only one riddle, after it has been answered u'll post another. Repeat this thread again
|Re: Logic Questions by babarazy: 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2012|
|Re: Logic Questions by bunmioguns(m): 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2012|
|Re: Logic Questions by bunmioguns(m): 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2012|
1. "You will give me neither copper nor silver coin." If it is true, then I have to get the gold coin. If it is a lie, then the negation must be true, so "you give me either copper or silver coin", which would break the given conditions that you get no coin when lying. So the first sentence must be true.
2. You could say for instance this sentence: "You will give me neither your photo nor a kiss."
3. 1 cannibal and 1 missionary there, missionary back. 2 cannibals there, 1 cannibal back. 2 missionaries there, 1 missionary and 1 cannibal back. 2 missionaries there, 1 cannibal back. This one cannibal takes the remaining cannibals to the other side.
4. First go the children. Son comes back, and father goes on the other side to his daughter. Then daughter goes back to pick her brother up and they both go to the other side to the father. Son comes back to give the boat to mother who goes to the other side (to father and daughter). Daughter jumps in and goes to her brother so they can both return to their parents. Daughter gets off and son gives the boat back on the first side of the river to the fisherman, who goes on the other side. There the daughter jumps in and goes to her brother to take him back to parents where she (where the whole family meets at last) returns the boat to the fisherman.
The boat crossed the river 13 times.
|Re: Logic Questions by bunmioguns(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2012|
5. The three columns represent the left bank, the boat, and the right bank respectively. The < and > indicates the direction of motion of the boat.
HHHMmm . .
HHHm Mm> .
HHHm <M m
HHH Mm> m
HHH <M mm
HM HH> mm
HM <Hm Hm
Hm HM> Hm
Hm <Hm HM
mm HH> HM
mm <M HHH
m Mm> HHH
m <M HHHm
. Mm> HHHm
. . HHHMmm
|Re: Logic Questions by bunmioguns(m): 2:14pm On Aug 23, 2012|
6. There are 2 solutions:
Three flowers: rose, tulip, daisy.
Two flowers: carnation, geranium.
7. Once. After you subtract 2 from 32, you subtract 2 from 30, from 28, and so on.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65