Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Ping Me!!! - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Ping Me!!! (1938 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
PING ME!

Remember the days it took long to reach those fellows
And how the days were reduced to hours;
You can get them from the distance on the instance
Technology shrunk space and castrated time
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
But it has also shrunk something of great value
It genius recreates human features-voices and pictures
It gathers men and flung them like embers from the bellows
Now we talk often and seldom see
Maybe there is no need to see when gadgets can do it all
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
It has reduced kin's ties and palm affairs
Now it has frozen and muted our voice7
Reduced cherished contacts to symbol and signs
We have stopped visiting,soon to stop talking
We will be unseeable,deaf and dumb to one another
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
Smileys and symbols are the sounds
on our tongue
Ask why we do not value ourselves
again
Human mental alienation,at snail's
pace Has turned to physical incarceration
It brings us together from far and
wide
But widens the gulf and kills the
essence of our togetherness
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 10:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
From visit me . . . to link me. . . to ring me. . . Now! Ping me! What next will you do to me?! Fing me?! Or ting me?! Or no! Don't sink me. . . But what will stop humanity from sinking further
The joyous abyss of crass earthly senselessness?

1 Like

Re: Ping Me!!! by maclatunji: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2012
Is this a commentary or poetry? I think you have mixed the two. Your content is good, I am not sure about the form though.
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 10:13am On Aug 24, 2012
maclatunji: Is this a commentary or poetry? I think you have mixed the two. Your content is good, I am not sure about the form though.

Poetry it is
Re: Ping Me!!! by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
Lol
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Lol

Is it funny?
Re: Ping Me!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
Well done Damsel!
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
Tgirl4real: Well done Damsel!

Tanx tgal.
Happy birthday to Tguy,lol. GGMUB
Re: Ping Me!!! by breathing(f): 5:12am On Aug 27, 2012
ℓ☺ℓ, this is cool too, you've got humour, though I think your dislike for pinging didn't allow you to perfect this poem, I could hear your anger all over it, and your haste to write absolutely everything you feel on the issue. Btw when is your birthday S, I'd like to get you a blackBURRY. wink
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 5:25am On Aug 27, 2012
breathing: ℓ☺ℓ, this is cool too, you've got humour, though I think your dislike for pinging didn't allow you to perfect this poem, I could hear your anger all over it, and your haste to write absolutely everything you feel on the issue. Btw when is your birthday S, I'd like to get you a blackBURRY. wink

Yeah,i wrote the poem hastily because my muse was around to give inspiration. My birthday was 11th june, so you can start saving for next year's STRAWberry
breathing: ℓ☺ℓ, this is cool too, you've got humour, though I think your dislike for pinging didn't allow you to perfect this poem, I could hear your anger all over it, and your haste to write absolutely everything you feel on the issue. Btw when is your birthday S, I'd like to get you a blackBURRY. wink
Re: Ping Me!!! by breathing(f): 7:33am On Aug 27, 2012
ℓ☺ℓ, strawberry? Ok, thanks for making it cheaper for me!
Re: Ping Me!!! by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2012
Sapphiredamsel:

Is it funny?
yes it is,I enjoy puttin my thoughts down on paper,and wen I read ur poem It just reminded me hw much I miss writtin keep u da gud work,u gt sense of humour nd maybe ill be PINGIN u soonest
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: yes it is,I enjoy puttin my thoughts down on paper,and wen I read ur poem It just reminded me hw much I miss writtin keep u da gud work,u gt sense of humour nd maybe ill be PINGIN u soonest

I hope i will be pinnging u too

1 Like

Re: Ping Me!!! by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 31, 2012
@Sapphiredamsel

It is poetry. I can feel the piece. It appeals to my emotions as much as my intellect.

I was going to point out the absence of punctuation as a failing, but I think it might have made your piece more fun to read.

1 Like

Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ihedinobi: @Sapphiredamsel

It is poetry. I can feel the piece. It appeals to my emotions as much as my intellect.

I was going to point out the absence of punctuation as a failing, but I think it might have made your piece more fun to read.
The lack of punctuation is a ploy on my part. Thanx 4d criticism
Re: Ping Me!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 10:27am On Sep 10, 2012
Which kain ploy be that Sapphire, write proper English jor. tongue
Re: Ping Me!!! by Obinoscopy(m): 11:36am On Nov 24, 2012
Sapphiredamsel: From visit me . . . to link me. . . to ring me. . . Now! Ping me! What next will you do to me?! Fing me?! Or ting me?! Or no! Don't sink me. . . But what will stop humanity from sinking further
The joyous abyss of crass earthly senselessness?

I love this part. Love the rhymes and its content. The rhythmic progression from 'visit me' to 'sink me' got me enthralled. Nice piece hon.
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 11:41am On Nov 24, 2012
Obinoscopy:

I love this part. Love the rhymes and its content. The rhythmic progression from 'visit me' to 'sink me' got me enthralled. Nice piece hon.
Im soo glad you love it. Poetry is capable of saying so much by just saying little. It economizes words and thats one of its aesthetics. Thank you obino.
Re: Ping Me!!! by chronique(m): 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2012
Sapphiredamsel:

Yeah,i wrote the poem hastily because my muse was around to give inspiration. My birthday was 11th june, so you can start saving for next year's STRAWberry

Wow! You're my birthday mate! That's cool...
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 11:13pm On Nov 24, 2012
chronique:

Wow! You're my birthday mate! That's cool...
you dont mean it?!
Re: Ping Me!!! by chronique(m): 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
Sapphiredamsel:
you dont mean it?!

Serious. I hardly meet pple born on d same day wit me.
Re: Ping Me!!! by Sapphiredamsel(f): 4:17am On Nov 26, 2012
chronique:

Serious. I hardly meet pple born on d same day wit me.
Thats true. Im quite humbled. Dont wory, we will celebrate it 2geda
Re: Ping Me!!! by chronique(m): 12:23am On Nov 27, 2012
Sapphiredamsel:
Thats true. Im quite humbled. Dont wory, we will celebrate it 2geda

Not a bad idea... Sounds like a plan.

(1) (Reply)

From The Deep Of Imagination / Mango Seedling - A 1969 Poem By Chinua Achebe / 'had I Known'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.