Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? (7859 Views)

Gospel Artiste Rejects Multi-million Naira Liquor Deal / Who Is The Current Best Gospel Artiste In Nigeria? / Your Best/favourite Nigerian Gospel Artist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by dearzi(f): 10:41pm On Apr 17, 2006
@ Hazeleyes
Have you read or watched "No More Sheets?" aaah!!! if you have, awesome, she's got a new book out "Threshing Floor," i'm trying to get that one, but the woman is a mighty minister, she speaks truthfully, and she's a babe, lol, i totally love her make up, (I'm assuming you're a chic)
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by kewe(f): 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2006
Don Moen
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by smartsoft(m): 1:17am On Apr 18, 2006
where do you guys put Marvin Sapp huh and you guys should come to Naija ooo
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by gidig(m): 8:56am On Apr 18, 2006
Cece winans.
Fred hammond.
Yolanda Adams.
Paul Wilbur (I love hebrew tunes)
Gbenga Adenuga
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by taiwotee: 9:37am On Apr 18, 2006
, My brst music artist are many , from the local scene is YINKA AYEFELE, Fullfilment,New dawn while in the International , Don Moen , Ron Kenoly and many more
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by venice(f): 11:34am On Apr 18, 2006
Oh man you haven't heard nothing Yet, well i love gospel and my fav artist are:

"LUNDI"
from South Africa he sings in their local languages, in XHOSA and my number one hit from him is from the
Album "Mvuleleni Angene" my song "LETH' UKUKHANYA"

Well and ofcoarse JOSH GROBAN, from the "ALBUM YOU RAISED ME UP"

Cece Winans, Kirk Franklin and Mary Mary

Those artist knock me off my feet, and my tears slowly rolls down
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by maki(f): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2006
ASU-EKIYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by babymine(f): 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2006
Hmm. What about Samsong? cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by maki(f): 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2006
babymine who is samsong
is he here in ph?
i dont know him o
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by babymine(f): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2006
@ Maki

Samsong is a gospel artiste, he resides in Lagos. cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by gidig(m): 10:55am On Apr 20, 2006
I was having a discussion with someone on my way from a weddiung on saturday and I realise that one's taste for tyhe music changes as the one changes too. In the unversity we tarted out with those Maranatha music (if You are near or over 30 this will easy) then came integrity with their artistes froim Don Moen to Ron Kenoly;then Kirk brought his revolution and now it is so contemporary now.

But truthfully, if you really wnat to bring tears to your eyes in adoration to God, you may need to get one of those Maranatha series.And that is where I am goiung now.
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by gospelman(m): 11:39am On Apr 20, 2006
Hey,I thought the question was favorite artiste,not group or artistes.

So sticking with the question,my favorite artiste is [b]Marvin Sapp.
He was in COMMISIONED,with Fred Harmond,etc.

Go get his DVD "Diary of a Psalmist".
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by ono(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2006
Mine's Bob Fitts. Others include Evie, Marilyn Baker and Candi Staton.
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by cillalove(f): 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2006
i luv pastor donnie MCclurkin (only you are holy), HE IS THE BEST!
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by babymine(f): 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2006
Is he? grin cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by dearzi(f): 10:54pm On Apr 20, 2006
Marvin Sapp is good, i've listened to that album--tight!!

Samsong lives in Lagos, and attends Christ Embassy (the last time i checked)

I love Wale Adenuga, listen to "Of A Truth" my cd has started scratching from overplay, Gbenga Adenuga's good also, i prefer his "Awimayehun" cd to "Olekoko", Femi Micah's another good one, just stumbled across his cd-- "Praise Along" over the Christmas, Sammie Okposo's good--i love his naija praise, i work out to that album, i get my naija praise on!
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by maki(f): 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2006
I like Asu-Ekiye sha

and U-jeff
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by Ciaralover(f): 1:32am On Apr 26, 2006
Newsboys
Yolanda Adams
Kirk Franklin
Michelle williams
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by babymine(f): 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2006
Nicole Mullen - I know my redeemer lives. I love that song. cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by Free(f): 2:27am On Apr 27, 2006
@babymine

i totally agree that song is da bomb!!!!
love it cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by debosky(m): 6:35am On Apr 27, 2006
Fred Hammond is my fav, man dat guy can sing, his arrangements and live performances are off da hook!

anyone know 'Be a Fence' ?
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by dearzi(f): 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2006
Debosky, that's a nice song "Jesus, be a fence all around me everyday, " tight, the guy's voice is just heavenly--i don't mind hearing that kind of voice before falling asleep grin
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by Manta(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2006
On the international scene, I have Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams and Darlene zeach(I'm not sure of the spelling).

Here in Naija, I have Jeremiah Gyang, Romeo the frontlina and Ebiere.
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by Z4M4eva(f): 8:55am On Apr 28, 2006
Kirk Franklin
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by skylady(f): 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2006
its women of faith all the way.
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by Babybee(f): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2006
Cece winans
Mary mary
Darlene zech
Fred Hammond
Kirk franklin
Gbenga /Wale Adenuga
Women of faith
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by zionchic(f): 8:35pm On May 03, 2006
well i don't know how long y'al av been discussing this but i think it's been interesting and comments on Juanita are so true and wow is her ministration deep! well, my favourite artistes are Cece winans, Donnie and Martha munizzi, i wonder why no one made mention of her guess y'all need to listen to her CD "the best is yet to come" so u could appreciate her. u could check out this tracks say the name and i will always. there are other "off the chain" tracks there as well, i mean very hot. and ohhhh lest i forget smoky norful really did it for mii with "praise is what i do".[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by Sisieko(f): 6:00pm On May 04, 2006
lanre teriba is the one and only. hes the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by dearzi(f): 8:18pm On May 04, 2006
@Zionchic

I love Martha Munizzi. I bought that CD cuz of the song "God is here," and ended up falling in love with "Because of who you are." I think she won an award for traditional gospel or something, and she made a statement that annoyed me, she was like she doesn't know if anyone recognizes that she's white, and i'm like "duuh!!" and when BET gospel went to her crib she didn't help matters either! there was almost no difference between the way she took us round her crib, and the way a secular artist'd do it! but aside those event, she's ok. But Prophetess Bynum, now that's a babe! you need to check out her new album "A Piece of My Passion." TIGHT!!

Unless Smokie Norful re-sang "Praise is What I Do" it was originally done by Shekinah Glory Ministries, i actually thought it was J.Moss that sang it, me and my big mouth, i said as much in front of one of the pastor's of their church, when they came to our church, i've been walking in shame since then. But, you should check out their entire albums--they'll take you right into His presence.
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by zionchic(f): 12:06am On May 05, 2006
@ dearzi

True! Sis, Because of who you was da bomb, i loved that song so much it brought tears to my eyes anytime i heard it, my praise team actually tagged it my song, but to think of it when i first heard the song i thot Martha was black and i kinda thot she was referring to comments like that when she made that statement, 'cos i think i heard a thing or two on that same comment, and Geeee, i wasn't aware shekinah glory ministries sang praise is wat i do as well (they are one hit group too), but like you said smoky most likely re-sang the song.

everyone's been talking about prophetess' new album i guess am o be the last one on the globe to listen to it. well i'd make sure i get it fast and listen to it as well to catch up with the world.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by dearzi(f): 12:27am On May 05, 2006
@Zionchic

Yeah! Shekinah Glory is on the roll--Prophetess Bynum actually invited their choir to minister at Threshing Floor. As for Martha Munizzi, yeah, she should've taken it as a compliment when people say she sings like a black woman, cuz that's just soul music right there! we all know she's white. Initially, when i heard "God is here" i thought it was prophetess Bynum that sang it, but when i saw Martha was white, i tripped, but bought the CD all the same, cuz i believed it to be an anointed album. Concerning her statement, she should've just taken it as a compliment and said as much--but once she made that faithful statement, she lost me. She further lost me when she was showing off her crib and her car like a secualar artist! Don't have anything against being wealthy, Kirk has shown us his crib, and the ring he bought his wife. So no one thinks i'm racist, i love Third day, and Casting Crowns, and Jeremy Camp. Martha just needs a lesson or two in humility. Mind you, she wasn't making her boast in the Lord!

Try getting Shekinah Glory's "Praise is What i do" and "Yes" i'm listening to them right now--you'll love it. I'll have to go listen to Smokie's version of praise is what i do--none tops the original, if he indeed re-sang it. Whatever you do, please don't say it in front of their pastor that Smokie sang it, the way i said J.Moss did, only find out it he didn't.

Oh! and about "Because of who you are" you need to hear Juanita Bynum and Judy Jacob's version--you'll, not die, but you'll do something close to bow!!!
Re: Who Is Your Best/Favourite Gospel Artiste? by kabby(m): 1:44pm On May 18, 2006
Womens of FAITH, Don Moen, Amono tete mabo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NEW VIDEO - TEKNO 'pana' (mp4 And 3gp) / Beautiful Nubia - Ikoko Akufo (musical For Movie, The Narrow Path) / Olu Maintain - Nawti - Free Download (certified Banger!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.