Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Oil And Gas Jobs , Education, Get Hired In Exploration -drilling- Production - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Oil And Gas Jobs , Education, Get Hired In Exploration -drilling- Production (969 Views)

Career Foundation In Oil And Gas / OIL AND GAS CAREER DEVELOPMENT(HYSYS, PDMS, AUTOCAD, CAESARII)IN PORT HARCOURT / Oil And Gas Jobs Training - Pdms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oil And Gas Jobs , Education, Get Hired In Exploration -drilling- Production by PetroEducation: 11:52am On Aug 25, 2012
It has always been the expectation of every young and aspiring Nigerian youth to soar higher after college. A whole lot of our youths who are looking forward to join the oil and gas industry has been discouraged due the long and ambiguous process of hiring green hands ( new staff) in this sector. Today the implementation of the local content in this industry is creating so much opportunities for our youths to excel but there is a problem! you will ask me what is the problem? let me explain on the next paragraph.

I will like to lay my emphasis on those who studied Engineering and sciences. For us to dynamically position ourselves in this industry require some level of our understanding about what the industry want. when you send out your cv to an employer, what what do you expect? a positive response i guess; but at the end you get no news from them. Now listen! Your CV will keep going to the trash bin until you align yourself within the requirement of this industry that will make you employable. I hope you are getting what am saying. For example, someone who studied petroleum engineering without specializing in any area will find it difficult getting hired here, do you know why? Because you are yet to align yourself with their requirement. Let me take it further on the next paragraph.

In Nigeria today, we can count how many drilling engineers, Production engineers, Explorationist , Mud engineer, Subsea engineer, drillers and so on. Now believe me many of us are with a serious passion for this areas to become one but what is stopping you from getting there, This is what am about to share with you now, just follow me on;

There are specialized training courses you need to go for to make you a drilling engineer. For instance let me tell, you do not need an Msc to go for these courses. HND or Degree holder in Engineering or sciences can go for these courses and be certified. let me show how you can become a drilling engineer on the next paragraph

If you studied Mechanical Engineering for Instance and you are aspiring to become a drilling engineer. The first step 1. You need to go for ''fundamentals of petroleum Engineering'' this course will give you and understanding of Land Leasing,Exploration, Drilling, Production, Refining and Petroleum Marketing, after this course you will then go for ''Drilling Operations and offshore operations'' to become a drilling engineer you need knowledge of ''Auto cad''because you will be designing and planning oil wells. once you are now done with all these courses i can tell you need one more final step to go, The software application of these of drilling and well completion you will need to Master '' software application will separate you from the crowd. When you are a master on how to use this software application to design and execute jobs then i can bet you, you will be called for a chat not interview, see there is a big difference between interview and chat. Guys! this what am saying, you will switch on jobs worldwide i know what am saying. This same step is what you need to become production Engineer, Driller and so on. Once you have specialty, you will see how the oil company will give you a home coming attitude.

The Local Content is speaking now in oil and gas in Nigeria but the expatriates can only be replaced if you position yourself and demonstrate the skills to do the job. Your destiny is in your hands

PetroEducation has all you need to succeed in this industry so tap into it today. We will guide you until you succeed only if you are ready. You can be trained and get hired. we do this here in Nigeria with University of Texas USA and International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) for all your certification. We Organize interviews every quarter to expose you to companies who will select hire you and take you for further trainings because in this place continuity counts.

We will be holding a workshop on ''HOW YOU GET TRAINED AND GET HIRED IN THE OIL INDUSTRY'' the workshop will take place in Lagos. if you are interested please send us your name, mobile phone number, what you studied, age, and location to petroeducation@gmail.com. we will be waiting for your comments and mails.

(1) (Reply)

Java And J2EE Online Training From India / Strategic Management Workshop For Educational Administrators And Executives / How To Convert Html/webpages To PDF Using Php, Asp.net, C#, Vb, Java And Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.