Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 (107556 Views)

Urgent Opening For GIS SURE P Graduate Internship / !!!!!!!!!federal Government Sure-p (graduate Internship Scheme) !!!!! / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:22am On Aug 26, 2012
I may be wrong, but isn't this like NYSC 'Remixed', 'Reloaded' or even 'Extended'?!

The truth is that this program looks to me like another half arsed scheme by the government to put a band aid over a fracture..

Why not just create a loan scheme where graduates would have to undergo intense 3 - 6 - 1 year training (depending on the line of business they choose to participate in), then upon graduation, they receive a loan (interest free for 1 year) that will be repayable over a 2 - 3 year period.. Then the government puts in place incentives to allow those businesses grow..

I would prefer this to another NYSC look-alike program.

3 Likes

Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by Obinoscopy(m): 9:41am On Aug 26, 2012
Mos_D: source, pls

Read through the OP post again. You'll see the link to the application portal.
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by Sealeddeal(m): 9:52am On Aug 26, 2012
I'm quite sure that 80percent of people applying for this will definitely get employed by the company they serve.

1 Like

Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by clemmonce(m): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2012
all4naija: I have every right to comment. It is my first human right, bimbo! Now blaming the site. Could you imagine those trying to register more than once? Register once and wait for confirmation. If it doesn't come instantly, it will come later.
YOU ARE A FOOL. U CANT HIDE FOOLISHNESS EVEN FROM THE INTERNET U CAN KNW IF SOMEONE IS A FOOL.
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by Ideasroole: 11:06am On Aug 26, 2012
max.meridiux:
how i fit, get the internship? the webisuite is challenged,not going thru? au far now?? r d gofment serious wit dis?
Are you for real.... No wonder, you are still unemployed!

1 Like

Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by iykeh1(m): 11:11am On Aug 26, 2012
Hotsophy: maybe you should try it at night, it's better and faster must you comment?, who told you that Nigerian graduates can not fill an ordinary online form?. mind what you say. The problem is from the site.
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by AZeD1(m): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2012
Okija_juju: I may be wrong, but isn't this like NYSC 'Remixed', 'Reloaded' or even 'Extended'?!

The truth is that this program looks to me like another half arsed scheme by the government to put a band aid over a fracture..

Why not just create a loan scheme where graduates would have to undergo intense 3 - 6 - 1 year training (depending on the line of business they choose to participate in), then upon graduation, they receive a loan (interest free for 1 year) that will be repayable over a 2 - 3 year period.. Then the government puts in place incentives to allow those businesses grow..

I would prefer this to another NYSC look-alike program.

My brother you are not wrong. Why would a company employ people when it knows it can get graduates for free for one year? Who ever thought of this idea should be shot.
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by iykeh1(m): 11:16am On Aug 26, 2012
Hotsophy: maybe you should try it at night, it's better and faster must you comment?, who told you that Nigerian graduates can not fill an ordinary online form?. mind what you say. The problem is from the site.
dnt jst mind dat guy who kws hw he got his certificat dat is if atall he has 1
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by lawizle(m): 11:29am On Aug 26, 2012
;DNa leg dem go use dabaru everything again
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by Sealeddeal(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2012
A-ZeD:

My brother you are not wrong. Why would a company employ people when it knows it can get graduates for free for one year? Whoever thought of this idea should be shot.
....actually,this is not compulsory.i think u can wait and see what become of the first set of people to go for this.this is nt like NYSC.u may have studied engineering and in NYSC,u'll be sent to teach or into farm.what skill will u acquire there dat will help u in engineering? Bt here,u acquire skills related to ur field and no knowledge is a waste.equally,i believe that anybody that work exceptionally where he's sent may end up getting employed.its better doing it than sitting at home commenting or criticising govt in nairaland.

1 Like

Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by maasoap(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2012
all4naija: I have every right to comment. It is my first human right, bimbo! Now blaming the site. Could you imagine those trying to register more than once? Register once and wait for confirmation. If it doesn't come instantly, it will come later.
May be you should try to register or help someone, only then you'll understand what guys are talking about. Many of these guys you're making derogatory remarks about are actually smarter and more brilliant than you. But I don't just understand the way you people always believe that you know better than the rest, even when you haven't tried it to see what the problem is.
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by maasoap(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by tadysmart(m): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
Jaaf44: I just can't get registered not to talk of confirmation

Check yourself very well possibly you have been criticising GEJ. We know your IPP address. hehehehehe
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by franksunny(m): 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
Though is second form of nysc rebranded, nobody has raise thumb for GEJ in as much as millions have applied already. But they wil be quick to criticise
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
sporti: i tried filling for someone now and trying to upload image i reduce my image size from 52.2kb to 23.9kb it is still giving error below

Profile Image
Profile image too large (100KB limit) or not in JPG format. Go back and try again.

do anybody have this kind of issue kinda tired
try on anode browser or laptop....I had that same issue I had to use google chrome and it uploaded without any glitch
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by DonaldGenes(m): 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2012
Nwogbe:
I dey tell u.
.hahahhahahahahhahaa
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by DonaldGenes(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2012
Somebody should give me a helping hand..i can't seems to reg' on my phone,can some do that for me if you are with a laptop?
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by osifred(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
nice move mr president but i think this scheme should be merged with nysc or better still replace the nysc.

1 Like

Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by oshyno(m): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2012
Guys shud take this very serious oo. You might be surprise to find out later that d so called stipend might be more than 150k. Am saying this bcuz av always been indifference to any thing government until my guy called me that he got 8 million naira grant for the Youwin program.Waaaaat !!! Funny thing is that dis guy sef was not one of the "best brains" in our skul days, and see me with my ITK not raking up to dat amount for over 3yrs av been working. Even though am working with upto 200k monthly salary I will sure apply. U know y ? What if Total,Exxon or Shell take me for 1yr training on instrumentation and control or wireline,MWD trainee ? One is , am not the type dat enjoys sitting behind d keyboard troubleshooting stuff even with d certifications.I hv always wanted field work.u know like working with machines as an engineer. But aside these big coys I will stick with ma coy 4 now till I rake enough cash to set ma sef up.

Meanwhile , I have gone through most comments here and none seem to have praised GEJ as much as they criticize him whenever there is a slip up. GEJ u too mush.

1 Like

Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by emorse(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
Omo dis one na NYSC part two!
Further showcasing our directionless directionlessness, our purposeless purposelesness and our clueless cluelessness to the rest of the world .
Dem go soon set up implementation commitee, monitoring commitee and every other formable commitee all with sub-commitees.
SURE-P slogan suppose be: SURE-P. Saving the money... Chopping it back.
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by magnificio(m): 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
Excuse me, pls d page for registering isn't opening, has any1 registered successfully 2day?
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by emorse(m): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
Sealeddeal: ....actually,this is not compulsory.i think u can wait and see what become of the first set of people to go for this.this is nt like NYSC.u may have studied engineering and in NYSC,u'll be sent to teach or into farm.what skill will u acquire there dat will help u in engineering? Bt here,u acquire skills related to ur field and no knowledge is a waste.equally,i believe that anybody that work exceptionally where he's sent may end up getting employed.its better doing it than sitting at home commenting or criticising govt in nairaland.
You really have faith in this thing - don't you? As Okija earlier said, it is like putting band aid over a fracture. What long term benefits do you forsee coming out of this? What happens to a bulk of the "interns" after one year? These people are just giving us panadol to cure hiv. But of course who wouldn't take it? As long as it eases the pain for a while.
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by MrEverest(m): 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2012
emorse: Omo dis one na NYSC part two!
Further showcasing our directionless directionlessness, our purposeless purposelesness and our clueless cluelessness to the rest of the world .
Dem go soon set up implementation commitee, monitoring commitee and every other formable commitee all with sub-commitees.
SURE-P slogan suppose be: SURE-P. Saving the money... Chopping it back.
Arrant nonsense, crass giberish and gross senselessness!

1 Like

Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by Olutala(m): 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2012
Think its a nice concept. Better than nothing.
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by MrEverest(m): 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
Having gone through some comments here, i hereby conclude that Nigerians are the most difficult set of people the world over! What is wrong with a programme that would afford an opportunity for unemployed graduates to gain experience in reputable firms while at the same time get paid by the government? We all know how important, experiance in relevant field is in Nigeria especially for fresh graduates. We as citizens must lay our priorities write and criticize constructively instead of yapping like confused touts. Kudos to GEJ for this project. N:B i am not among the phantom 40 lapdogs or whatever.

1 Like

Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by emorse(m): 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
@Mr Everest
lol @ u. Its either you are too giuleless to see beyond your nose, or you are one of the "choppers". Either ways, with time breeze go blow and fowl nyash go open.
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by MrEverest(m): 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
emorse: @Mr Everest
lol @ u. Its either you are too giuleless to see beyond your nose, or you are one of the "choppers". Either ways, with time breeze go blow and fowl nyash go open.
Can you be a bit explicit on the demerit(s) of this programme and i will appreciate facts devoid of uncouth language!
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by emorse(m): 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
@ Mr Everest
You say the "interns" are to gain experience. To become what? To be employed by which organisation? Mind you, these organisations already run internship programs. So what happens to these interns after one year? They kick their "still jobless" a.s.s.e.s out and usher the next set in. Whereas the coordinators/commitee members get to keep their extra source of income. So much for reinvestment and empowerment. As much as we all agree this move is better than no move at all, I strongly believe okija's sugggestion would make more sense. Don't you?
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by Leoejiofor(m): 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
I wonder why some folks here, calling this rebranded "NYSC". Mind you in your school today. Is not complusory that everybody must serve, as well not complusory you must pertake on the exercise. If you don't like the idea, don't burder telling us , better still ,don't comment. cos, we are not interest to listen to your trash here. This always surprise me, why is human being so ungrateful.

1 Like

Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by kollysnut(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
Registration simple and easy....op I get called soon, I don tire for dis kind life with no money..God help Nigeria, God help us..na ur hand I dey baba loke.
Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by hipinnacle: 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hey guys,
Looking @ some comments here; asking what the graduates absorbed into this scheme is going to do after the 1 year prog. I will say that life gives you opportunities, it is now left 4 u 2 maximize the chance given to u. if you read the recruitment url. Very well, u will note that the federal govt. said it will b an opportunity for d employers 2 absorb you into their workforce after the programme because they hav trained u but if you don’t put ur best into it, then u are on the street again. That is why it is different from d nysc stuff. And then your skill will b properly honed to compete favourably with the office and field experiences needed by the employers.
To guys demanding praise 4 GEJ, I will tell u don’t b too over-zealous, let us wait 4 d outcome first. But I think d initiative is better than govt. not doing anything 2 salvage d problem of unemployment. My take pls.
Take it serious and after a year, d necessary skill you need 2 set urself up, u might get it. Everything is not capital. D right skill wt God’s favour will set one apart 4rm crowd.

2 Likes

Re: FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
I hope nobody will decide to send ppl to borno.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Dssc 2012 Commenced / NNPC Experienced Cadre, What's Up? / Skye Bank Apt. Test By Dragnet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.