Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Who Is A Bishop? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is A Bishop? (852 Views)

SEE The Car Of A Bishop! / Who Is This Emma Bishop Okonkwo, Is He A Bishop Or Business Man. / A Bishop's Bombshell At Fellow Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Bishop? by Acidosis(m): 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2012
#just wondering

Is the work of a Bishop different from Pastors, Evangelists and Apostles? Did Jesus ever called anyone Bishop?

Why do Christians in the Pentecostal churches rate that name so high, forgetting the fact that the greatest men of God of all time mostly are Evangelists. An example is Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke.
Re: Who Is A Bishop? by Niflheim(m): 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2012
@acidiosis,a bishop is simply a man who opens a 'bigshop' and then calls it a church.Products on display may include tapes,cds,bibles(jewish fiction),olive oil and handkechiefs.Sometimes if you anger them you may end up with a slap on your cheek(oyedepo)but on the other hand if they like you too much you may end up with their di.ck in your butt cheeks(bishop eddie long).

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Bishop? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2012
Niflheim: @acidiosis,a bishop is simply a man who opens a 'bigshop' and then calls it a church.Products on display may include tapes,cds,bibles(jewish fiction),olive oil and handkechiefs.Sometimes if you anger them you may end up with a slap on your cheek(oyedepo)but on the other hand if they like you too much you may end up with their di.ck in your butt cheeks(bishop eddie long).

hhhhahahaahhaahhahahahahhaha! LoooooooooooooooooooooooL grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is A Bishop? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
a bishop is a disposable pawn in a chessgame (christianity).cool
Re: Who Is A Bishop? by Niflheim(m): 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2012
@pagan 9ja,disposable pawn?Lol,nice one,if you notice in chess,each bishop only moves on a particular coloured square(a sign of rigidity)!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Bishop? by okeyxyz(m): 12:04am On Aug 26, 2012
Acidosis:
Why do Christians in the Pentecostal churches rate that name so high, forgetting the fact that the greatest men of God of all time mostly are Evangelists. An example is Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke.

Who told you they are the greatest men of god? What do you base your assertions on? what reference? Does it say so in your bible?
You can't be making "heavy" claims like this just because you imagine so.
Re: Who Is A Bishop? by Acidosis(m): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2012
okeyxyz:

Who told you they are the greatest men of god? What do you base your assertions on? what reference? Does it say so in your bible?
You can't be making "heavy" claims like this just because you imagine so.
I'm not saying this based on imaginations, sir. I know Pastors, Brothers who suddenly turned Bishop. Mind you they started as Pastors but after a while. . .(more members, little millions) they changed their titles.

Go to Benue state, ask anyone to tell you about GBILE AKANNI. He is a well known man of God both within and outside the state but he never called himself Bishop, Pastor, ..but BROTHER.
Go to Delta state, you'd be shocked on getting the ratio of Bishops to Pastors.

They're always fast to wear BIG RINGS (only God knows whats with the rings).

I do not support the previous comments though cos I don't buy the idea of insulting MOG (either real or otherwise) but I still stand on my aforementioned doubts about some Bishops
Re: Who Is A Bishop? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:04am On Aug 28, 2012
a man dats wear a long garment and sprinkles holy water.
Re: Who Is A Bishop? by Acidosis(m): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2012
^ ^ ^ ha! Idowu, youre a strange being grin grin
Re: Who Is A Bishop? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:29am On Aug 28, 2012
Acidosis: ^ ^ ^ ha! Idowu, youre a strange being grin grin
am i made of his flesh and his flesh alone. cool cool cool
Re: Who Is A Bishop? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 28, 2012
Niflheim: @acidiosis,a bishop is simply a man who opens a 'bigshop' and then calls it a church.Products on display may include tapes,cds,bibles(jewish fiction),olive oil and handkechiefs.Sometimes if you anger them you may end up with a slap on your cheek(oyedepo)but on the other hand if they like you too much you may end up with their di.ck in your butt cheeks(bishop eddie long).
Taken the words right out of my fingers grin grin grin.. damn..
Re: Who Is A Bishop? by CrazyMan(m): 11:41am On Aug 28, 2012
Acidosis: #just wondering

Is the work of a Bishop different from Pastors, Evangelists and Apostles? Did Jesus ever called anyone Bishop?

A bishop means "an overseer," originally the principal officer or pastor of a local church, but later evolved into a position of supervision over multiple churches. "This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work" (1 Tim. 3:1).

A Pastor is generally a minister and spiritual overseer of a church congregation — the same as an elder or bishop. Pastor was probably not intended to be as much a title, as it was an adjective to describe what he does. A pastor literally means "shepherd," a metaphoric description of one who cares for and leads a flock of God's sheep. One of five office gifts described in Ephesians 4:11.

The reason why people mix up both officies today is that today's christianity is all about money...most people (pentecostals to be more specific) claim to have God's calling when deep down their main motive is the offering box.its so sad that most people who call themselves pastors don't even know the definition of a pastor.

They force their members to praise them (eg Rev King) because they have little knowledge of the scriptures...they see pastoral duties as a means of enriching themselves and chasing women...and spend time teaching people that God is a money doubler instead of the salvation he asked us to focus on like in

Philppians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Bishop? by CrazyMan(m): 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2012
I wouldn't joke with things I don't understand if were you...
Re: Who Is A Bishop? by LordReed(m): 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
Acts 20 :
28 Take heed unto yourselves, and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit hath made you bishops, to feed the church of the Lord which he purchased with his own blood.
(ASV)

(1) (Reply)

Christian Sectarian Fight: Catholics And Protestants Clash In Northern Ireland / Do You Believe? Prove It / Every Christian Should Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.