Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

If There Is Only One Baptism, Why Should I Be Rebaptize? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If There Is Only One Baptism, Why Should I Be Rebaptize? (834 Views)

"666" Encrusted On My Blender: Should I Be Worried About This? (pics) / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If There Is Only One Baptism, Why Should I Be Rebaptize? by onyfrank: 10:32pm On Aug 25, 2012
I am a catholic, bt duty calls dat i hav to relocate to another state, dat was last october. In my new location there is no catholic church closer. The only one i could locate is miles away. So i decided to join Winners Chapel. I bcame a unit member in a santuary, dedicated. Last 2wks d pastor made mention of baptism, duo i didnt meet him person bt we chatted tru facebook. I told him abt ma self, and i was baptised by sprinkling, he said No, dat i need baptism by immersion, dats wat Jesus said. If nt the chrch won't recognize me as one of them incase of any any. I Want you all to use your Godly wisdom to advice me.
Re: If There Is Only One Baptism, Why Should I Be Rebaptize? by onyfrank: 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2012
"Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." (Ephesians 4:3-6).
Re: If There Is Only One Baptism, Why Should I Be Rebaptize? by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 26, 2012
U better attend the catholic church miles away before you loose your faith.The next thing you will see will them feeding you thrash about your faith
Re: If There Is Only One Baptism, Why Should I Be Rebaptize? by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 26, 2012
Which state is that?I know the RCC is the most ubiquitous church in the world.Am suprised you said you couldn't find one closeby
Re: If There Is Only One Baptism, Why Should I Be Rebaptize? by onyfrank: 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
Thanx Chukwudi. Its bayelsa state
Re: If There Is Only One Baptism, Why Should I Be Rebaptize? by Rich4god(m): 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
onyfrank: Thanx Chukwudi. Its bayelsa state
My brother, search well... If the catholic church can have parishes in muslim dominated vilages in kano/kaduna and the rest of them, i dont see the reason why there shouldnt be 1 in the most remote area in/of bayelsa. But, even if there is no parish around you, look well, there must be a chaplaincy, station, zone, block rosary center or better still, look for a catholic brother in that area to direct you... Left for me, i wont advice you to undergo another baptism. One love.
Re: If There Is Only One Baptism, Why Should I Be Rebaptize? by onyfrank: 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
Richy thanx, i wl do jst dat. One love

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of Us Pay Our Tithe Correctly? / Finding The Balance / The New Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.