Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Islamic Veil - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Veil (4633 Views)

Face-Veil: Why The Ban? / Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister / The Islamic Concept Of Veil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Islamic Veil by focused(m): 3:14am On Jan 01, 2008
Why do muslims women wear Burqa or Hijab, when it is clear that they cannot see properly with it ? Honestly they look like Calabar masquerades with this burqa.

I support modest dressing, but I honestly don't like this burqa. recently there was a lady who was sacked because she was teaching in one of the Anglican schools here in UK, and was wearing a burqa, while she was teaching little children, she put on this so called veil and the children cannot hear what she was saying, they told her to take the funny burqa off, but she refused and as a resultthe case was follwed up and she was sacked because her dressing was against health and safety.

Are they commanded by their Quran to compulsorily put on a Burqa or their Islamic veil ?

I once ask a lady who was always wearing burqa, if she was comfortable with it, she told me that she is not comfortable with it, but she have no choice.

The question is where did this strange veil or dressing originate from ?

Despite wearing these burqas, these women do worst things than women who are nude.

Please lets discuss

Re: Islamic Veil by wendymanda: 3:23am On Jan 01, 2008
I don't think the Burqua is religious but am not muslim so I am not sure. However, the reason I don't think the Burqua is exactly religious is because even some Jewish people cover up or used to cover up like that. Burqua was probably used to prevent sand from the getting into the eyes, ears and nose of the people since they lived in the desert during sand storms.
Re: Islamic Veil by Leilah(f): 5:12am On Jan 01, 2008
there is nothing in the quraan that suggest one should have towear burqa its a culture that came about through some hadith and culture that suggested a woman should wear it if she is the cause of fitnah ie so beautiful that it would damage society i will get this citation
Re: Islamic Veil by pilgrim1(f): 5:16am On Jan 01, 2008
Happy New Year, @Leilah cheesy

Leilah:

there is nothing in the quraan that suggest one should have towear burqa its a culture that came about through some hadith and culture that suggested a woman should wear it if she is the cause of fitnah ie so beautiful that it would damage society i will get this citation

Aiight. . . I'll wait for the citation.

Cheers.
Re: Islamic Veil by pilgrim1(f): 5:18am On Jan 01, 2008
wendymanda:

I don't think the Burqua is religious but am not muslim so I am not sure. However, the reason I don't think the Burqua is exactly religious is because even some Jewish people cover up or used to cover up like that. Burqua was probably used to prevent sand from the getting into the eyes, ears and nose of the people since they lived in the desert during sand storms.

Lol. . . @wendymanda, the references available were not about covering the eyes to prevent sand from getting into them. After Leilah offers us some citations, I'll add my bit as well to clarify issues.

Regards and Happy New Year! cheesy
Re: Islamic Veil by wendymanda: 6:03am On Jan 01, 2008
Happy New Years as well Pilgrim and all Nairalanders
Re: Islamic Veil by 9ja: 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2008
And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should
not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw
their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands their fathers their
husbands' fathers their sons their husbands' sons their brothers or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons or
their women or the slaves whom their right hands possess or male servants free of physical needs or small
children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw
attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah that ye may attain
Bliss (Q24.31)

O prophet! tell thy wives and daughters and the believing women that they
should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is
most convenient that they should be known (as such) and not molested: and
Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Q33.59)

SOME REQUIREMENT OF VEILING (HIJAB)
1. should cover the complete body except face n hands up to d wrist.if they wish to even those parts can b covered.
2. should b loose n not reveal figure.
3. should not b transparent

focused:

Despite wearing these burqas, these women do worst things than women who are nude.

That not fair u are generalizing u should has used some cos ur statement implies all women in burqas do worst things than women who i nude.or better still u sld have given us a factual nos

Re: Islamic Veil by mukina2: 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2008
@ topic
the Burqa is more of cultural than Islamic .In Islam the Fard ( compulsory parts )of the veil are the head, clothes must be loose fitting and long ,its only the wrist, the feet and face that should be shown. All those covering up their faces, wearing gloves and socks is basically sunnah and not compulsory

Suratul Noor
" And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must
ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands fathers, their sons, "
[Al-Quran 24:31]

Six criteria for Hijaab.

According to Quran and Sunnah there are basically six criteria for observing hijaab:

The first criterion is the extent of the body that should be covered. This is different for men and women. The extent of covering obligatory on the male is to cover the body at least from the navel to the knees. For women, the extent of covering obligatory is to cover the complete body except the face and the hands upto the wrist. If they wish to, they can cover even these parts of the body. Some scholars of Islam insist that the face and the hands are part of the obligatory extent of hijaab.

All the remaining five criteria are the same for men and women.

2.The clothes worn should be loose and should not reveal the figure.

3.The clothes worn should not be transparent such that one can see through them.

4.The clothes worn should not be so glamorous as to attract the opposite sex.

5.The clothes worn should not resemble that of the opposite sex.

6.The clothes worn should not resemble that of the unbelievers i.e. they should not wear clothes that are specifically identities or symbols of the unbelievers religions.
Re: Islamic Veil by pilgrim1(f): 9:54pm On Jan 01, 2008
@mukina2,

Again, thanks for your inputs.

What really amazes people is the rigidity of rules in Islam that hasn't brought the expected widespread "convenience" for womenfolk, or even help a coherence in lifestyle. For example, women have to go through the rigid code of identifying her male relatives in the crowd before they could "display their beauty and ornaments" [Al-Qur'an 24:31] - which even in most cases have not made sense at all for the women practising such codes, especially made more confusing by Muslim (male) scholars who make the 'options' a set of 'compulsory' rules.

As for the remaining five criteria, every single one of them has been disregarded even by staunch Muslims in the Western democracies - especially the last two listed in yours:

mukina2:

5.The clothes worn should not resemble that of the opposite sex.

6.The clothes worn should not resemble that of the unbelievers i.e. they should not wear clothes that are specifically identities or symbols of the unbelievers religions.

How do Muslims distinguish between clothes resembling those of the opposite sex and those resembling that of the unbelievers? What makes dress codes specifically 'identities or symbols of the unbelievers religions', more so when you have earlier intoned that the Islamic dress code is more a matter of culture than of Islam?
Re: Islamic Veil by olabowale(m): 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2008
How on earth a person who can't clean the private parts properly, every time after using the bathroom, be it no 1 or no 2 except, only when they do shower right after, that you can vouch that there is no remnant of dirt and stench, on the person can talk about modesty, from the perspective of Qur'an and Sunnah? This is mind boggling! If a person who is not a Muslim thinks he or she is modest, it is very clear to me that when that person becomes Muslim and obeys the instructions concerning modesty, that person will become a more modest person. A Muslim who is not modest will be worse in modesty, if he or she were to go out of Islam. We can look around and see glaring examples. They abound everywhere and Nairaland is not without some examples.
Re: Islamic Veil by pilgrim1(f): 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

How on earth a person who can't clean the private parts properly, every time after using the bathroom, be it no 1 or no 2 except, only when they do shower right after, that you can vouch that there is no remnant of dirt and stench, on the person can talk about modesty, from the perspective of Qur'an and Sunnah? This is mind boggling!

What is mind boggling indeed is the culture that has been crystalized as 'Islam' for women who fall into the very same thing you complain about.

olabowale:

If a person who is not a Muslim thinks he or she is modest, it is very clear to me that when that person becomes Muslim and obeys the instructions concerning modesty, that person will become a more modest person.

One doesn't have to be Muslim (or even religious for that matter) in order to be modest. Sad to say, even religious people are quite easily prone to immodesties in behaviour, outlook, association. . . and, of course, dress codes. What is even sadder is the FACT that the "culture" of Islam has made it far worse for women who should understand their mental freedom to choose modesty - not by the dictates of ring leaders who cannot agree on what is Qur'anic or Sunna! That was why I offered the pictures earlier and asked:

How is it "most convenient" for women to be covered in those ways?

olabowale:

A Muslim who is not modest will be worse in modesty, if he or she were to go out of Islam. We can look around and see glaring examples.

Those who leave Islam (or any religion) and become even more immodest simply demonstrate the fact that they never were modest at heart from the onset. Worse than that is to carry the Islamic ideology along as a tool for such immodesty when they leave that religion.

olabowale:

They abound everywhere and Nairaland is not without some examples.

Please be man enough to name those on your mind. They may have a few words of wisdom for you. wink
Re: Islamic Veil by mukina2: 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2008

How do Muslims distinguish between clothes resembling those of the opposite sex and those resembling that of the unbelievers?

In Islam the traditional dress code for male is mostly Thobes, those long flowing white gown like . and Galabiyyas for women its mostly Abayas wink

What makes dress codes specifically 'identities or symbols of the unbelievers religions', more so when you have earlier intoned that the Islamic dress code is more a matter of culture than of Islam?

A Muslim must not wear something that has inscriptions of the Christian cross or other Religion. yeah it is a cultural thing the burqa thing. the veiling as it is in the Quran, says the head, the hands up to the wrist and the clothes must be loose and non-transparent .Like i stated earlier in a my previous post, the sunnah parts include covering the face, hands and feet.

when a muslim wears a cross as a necklace, knowing fully well he is not a christian, that is wrong , if i am not mistaken the cross is worn by catholics to identify them . The rosary beads, the star of David for the Jews .

If a muslim mixes any of this, then he is definately going against the Islamic dress code
Re: Islamic Veil by pilgrim1(f): 12:13am On Jan 02, 2008
@mukina2,

Glad to read your clarifications - I asked those questions so that I don't misunderstand you.

mukina2:

In Islam the traditional dress code for male is mostly Thobes, those long flowing white gown like . and Galabiyyas for women its mostly Abayas wink

I'm quite aware of that (or, so we were made to believe when I was formerly in Islam). However, I don't think that answers the question precisely. Distinguishing between the sexes in clothes isn't as simplistic as many Muslims may think; and as we progress, I will bring about these issues in more detail. wink

mukina2:

A Muslim must not wear something that has inscriptions of the Christian cross or other Religion.

Wearing "inscriptions" of the Christian cross does not therefore turn someone into an unbeliever - especially bearing mind that you were referring to "unbelievers religion"! To Muslims, it is the default thinking that Christians and Jews are "unbelievers", but this is a gravely mistaken idea that does not bear up at all when closely examined.

The Cross may be an offence to Muhammad. But have you carefully considered WHY Islam is so virulent against the Cross? What does it remind them of - and what are the implications of the Cross to Muslims?

In just the same way that Muslims may unfairly accuse Christians of being "unbelievers" on issues of the cross, so also we find that worship that is based on bowing before a stone (as in the Kaa'ba) is clearly idolatrous. I do not want to reharsh that argument here. The point, however, is that while you may regard the CULTURAL dress code in Islam to be free from "inscriptions" of the Cross, it is quite unbalanced to therefore classify Christianity the way you did. The difference here is that discussants do not adjudge Islam based on culture - but rather based on the Qur'an and Sunna.

mukina2:

yeah it is a cultural thing the burqa thing. the veiling as it is in the Quran, says the head, the hands up to the wrist and the clothes must be loose and non-transparent .Like i stated earlier in a my previous post, the sunnah parts include covering the face, hands and feet.

Lol. . . like I said, Christianity is not to be adjudged as the "unbelievers religion" based on mere CULTURAL persuasions that have been crystalized into Islam. In as much as you do not worship CULTURE, what then would be the basis of using CULTURE as a the yardstick of referring to other religions as "unbelievers religion"? cheesy

mukina2:

when a muslim wears a cross as a necklace, knowing fully well he is not a christian, that is wrong , if i am not mistaken the cross is worn by catholics to identify them . The rosary beads, the star of David for the Jews .

These again may be special ways of identifying these groups of people and their persuasions. Now if a Jew identifies his "messianic" connection and hope in the davidic reign, does that necessarily account him as practising the "unbelievers religion"? That would be like asking him to jettison his Scriptures in order to appease the Muslim mindset. And that would be a huge problem for the Muslim to even contemplate. grin

mukina2:

If a muslim mixes any of this, then he is definately going against the Islamic dress code

Actually, you have intoned that the dres code in Islam is a cultural thing, so I don't see why Islam should now seek to bend his neck to that rigid rule.
Re: Islamic Veil by focused(m): 2:11am On Jan 02, 2008
How on earth a person who can't clean the private parts properly, every time after using the bathroom, be it no 1 or no 2 except, only when they do shower right after, that you can vouch that there is no remnant of dirt and stench, on the person can talk about modesty, from the perspective of Qur'an and Sunnah? This is mind boggling! If a person who is not a Muslim thinks he or she is modest, it is very clear to me that when that person becomes Muslim and obeys the instructions concerning modesty, that person will become a more modest person. A Muslim who is not modest will be worse in modesty, if he or she were to go out of Islam. We can look around and see glaring examples. They abound everywhere and Nairaland is not without some examples.

@Alhaji Olabowale  :

What do your Quran mean by dirt and stench ? I notice you muslims are fond of calling Christians dirts

What makes you think muslims are modest ?

If muslims are modest, why is that they don't value human life ? Why do they love killing people at every slightest opportunity ? Why do they find it so hard to forgive ?

When has Islam become a yardstick for measuring modesty ? God have mercy
Re: Islamic Veil by focused(m): 2:15am On Jan 02, 2008

@Wendy :

If it is not a religious symbol, why is it that if they ask those ones putting it on to show their face, they will cry that they are being persecuted.

If the aim is to protect sand from entering their faces, why are they putting it on when they are not in the desert ?

Na wa O !
Re: Islamic Veil by focused(m): 2:22am On Jan 02, 2008
Why should someone put on Burqas or Hijab in very hot weather ? It doesn't make sense. Do they want the woman to die ??

It is even worst when they cannot see properly with it. All in the name of Islamic modesty.

God have mercy ! I cannot any difference between those burqa women and Calabar masquerades.
Re: Islamic Veil by zigbo(f): 2:32am On Jan 02, 2008
wow. . . the head to toe coverage thing no go easy oh shocked
Re: Islamic Veil by zigbo(f): 2:47am On Jan 02, 2008
the lady in the first picture pilgrim posted is wearing a sleeveless top looking so attractive in it, then she goes right after n puts a veil round her face. . wat is dat about undecided . meanwhile if i ever see them beautiful ladies covered up in veils from head to toe like that nd in a group of 4 or more approaching from a dist. i will be very frightened nd i'll prolly take off myself nt to talk of children, that looks so scarry.
Re: Islamic Veil by pilgrim1(f): 3:33am On Jan 02, 2008
Hi @zigbo, cheesy

zigbo:

the lady in the first picture pilgrim posted is wearing a sleeveless top looking so attractive in it, then she goes right after n puts a veil round her face. . what is that about undecided .

The clue about what is going on is in the person behind her:

[img]http://sabbah.biz/mt/wp-content/burqa02.jpg[/img]

Did you see the GUN? grin
Re: Islamic Veil by zigbo(f): 5:53am On Jan 02, 2008
ohhh omigosh i jst noticed the gun, now i'm seriously frightened lipsrsealed
Re: Islamic Veil by Mustay(m): 6:29am On Jan 02, 2008
does the picture read AM A MUSLIM?

pure simulation tongue
Re: Islamic Veil by pilgrim1(f): 7:00am On Jan 02, 2008
Mustay:

does the picture read AM A MUSLIM?

pure simulation tongue

If you are waiting for a caption in the picture to read, we can understand why Islam seems to produce men who struggle with intelligence. No disrespect to you personally; but if you want to know what is 'pure simulation', I have loads of pictures that Muslims have tampered with to deceive their own ummah. Wanna see 'em? grin
Re: Islamic Veil by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 02, 2008
Why should someone put on Burqas or Hijab in very hot weather ? It doesn't make sense. Do they want the woman to die ??

Why ?

Why not ask them, They have their right to wear anything they like ,

You can't decide for them .
Re: Islamic Veil by pilgrim1(f): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2008
mdsocks:

Why ?

If they had "their right" to do so without any Islamic figure trying to force it upon them, what would you say about the following:

Kidnapped British servicewoman Faye Turney
was forced to cover her head with an Islamic hijab
in the first video released by Iran since she and
14 comrades were seized last week.

Source: (click here)

- - - - - - - - -

They are stopping pedestrians and even cars - warning female
drivers not to show any hair - and impounding the vehicles and
arresting the women if they argue back. Middle-aged women,
foreign tourists and journalists have all been harassed, not just
the young and fashionably dressed.

Source: (click here).

Did you say "They have their right to wear anything they like"?!? undecided
Re: Islamic Veil by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 02, 2008
Pilgrim, its true some fanatics go to any length to do this.

But, that dosen't say the generality of muslims do that.

However, Islam gives right to wear anything you like :
given that :

1.They are not transparent.

2. Do not show their figure.

3. Covers their bodies well.

I am amazed where buqah is made compulsory here.
Re: Islamic Veil by pilgrim1(f): 10:11am On Jan 02, 2008
@mdsocks,

mdsocks:

I am amzed wherebuqah is made compulsory here.

We are all amazed as well; and thanks for your inputs. wink
Re: Islamic Veil by focused(m): 10:25am On Jan 02, 2008
Why ?

In most Islamic countries, these women are forced with the threat of an acid attack if they don't wear the burqa.

I cannot understand why Islamic people force to do what they don't really want to do. God who created human being don't use force on people, human being have a free will.
Re: Islamic Veil by focused(m): 10:29am On Jan 02, 2008
Pilgrim, its true some fanatics go to any length to do this.

@mdsocks :

This is not just enforced by fanatics, but it is enforced by the government of Iran via its agencies.or will I call it mercenaries shocked
Re: Islamic Veil by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2008
In most Islamic countries, these women are forced with the threat of an acid attack if they don't wear the burqa.

I cannot understand why Islamic people force to do what they don't really want to do. God who created human being don't use force on people, human being have a free will.

Islamic people don't force, its the fanatics that do it.

16:82 But if they turn away from you, (O Prophet remember that) your only duty is a clear delivery of the Message (entrusted to you).

6:107 Yet if God had so willed, they would not have ascribed Divinity to aught besides him; hence, We have not made you their keeper, nor are you (of your own choice) a guardian over them.

Yours is just to preach and not to force someone to do things against his will.

I think Iran is a signatory to UNs geneva convention on human rights. If so, Why these craziness?
Re: Islamic Veil by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 02, 2008
"Beware on the Day of Judgement; I shall mysefl be complainant against him who wrongs a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state or lays on him a responsibility greater than he can bear or deprives him of anything that belongs to him." (Al-Mawardi)
Re: Islamic Veil by olabowale(m): 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2008
@Focused: Good morning. Since you addressed me personally, I am obliged to respond:
What do your Quran mean by dirt and stench ? I notice you muslims are fond of calling Christians dirts
What makes you think muslims are modest ?
If muslims are modest, why is that they don't value human life ? Why do they love killing people at every slightest opportunity ? Why do they find it so hard to forgive ?
When has Islam become a yardstick for measuring modesty ? God have mercy
:Dirt is remnant of unclean/impure particle, be it liquid, solid or even gases. (In the case of case it could be wet or dry). Stench is therefore present as the odor emanating from the dirt. Do you clean it properly if you defecate? For instance, if you pass solid waste, do you clean up like Muslims are are commanded to clean up, whereby the dirt and stench are altogether eliminated? If you pass liquid waste, are you painstakingly patient to be sure that your bladder is empty and you will not have droplets souling your cloth/undergarment, later and it it after that you are sure that your bladder is empty that you rinse/clean up properly? When you pass gas/break wind, do you do it away from people, so that you do not make people uncomfortable? When you meet your wife in bed, do you shower as to purify yourself after it, whereby you are reenergized and then eliminate any dirt, be it liquid and or solid and of course, the stench? This is Islam cleanliness that you are missing out. I have not even touched up on the Miswak, Wudu and others, like the clipping of the nails and shaving or cutting low of the pubic hairs; the armpit and the private area.

I do know for a fact that if you think you are modest now, you will see a greater modesty in your deeds/dealings when you become a Muslim, with the same exact mindset. Islam calls for modesty, in true sense of it and it lays out the different matters concerning it. Please do not ask me to provide them. I am very busy and you can do your own research, if you are interested. But what is most important is that regardless of what you think of your own quality, it will mean Zero to God Almighty in the day of Judgement, except you are a true believer and have died upon worshipping Him in Islam. If you see a Muslim who is not modest, that person would be worse in modest quality, had it not been that he/she is in Islam. You must look at everyone in their own total capability of resources to enact the Modesty. For a Billionaire, the yardstick of modesty will be different from a poor fellow. But both have a common natural inclination to shower/bathing, etc.

If the only yardstick of modesty is the number of human lives that have been lost through the hands of each religious group, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, we will notice that Islam is the most modest amongst the three: Reasons, if we talk about the pogroms/or genocidal/out right ethnic cleansing or the attempt to do so and or just the share number of peoples, by head counting, the Jews and the Christians as entities, acting separately are head and shoulders more efficient as killing machines and more deadly. We should not forget the killings that took place from the time that the Children of Israel then, but Jews now crossed the sea and until the settled down to the'Promised land.' We must not forget the Crusades, after The Spanish Inquisitions, the many other wars, and WWs, and yet today, we are still having the Christians rising up against the Muslims. Did you forget the Chechen's, The Mujahaddins of 70 and early 80s Afghanistan, and how about the Serbians of the old Yugoslavia? It is true that we have the Palestinians and others attacking the Jews of the 'State of Israel.' But what was there relationships with the Jews before the Balfour Conventions of 1889 or there about? Don't make a big deal about the date. The point is that the Zionist formed an organisation to eliminate the Palestinians from the land that they both have equal rights over, if you go back to the Ibrahim relationship with his God (And that God was not Jesus. No sir. Not in the least). Either way this is the only singly problem that I see today, and it is the cause that is creating rift(s) between Islam and Christianity/Judaism. Finally, you need to understand that when Islam ruled in the centuries past, eg in Spain, it did not force anyone to convert and did not deprive anyone of the normal elements of societal human quality of life. If it had, you will never have had a single Christians then or even now in Spain and maybe a good part of continental Europe as well.

There is plenty of verses of Qur'an that commands, and or recommends the act of forgiveness. One of Allah's qualitative description is The Forgiver. Muhammad is also a means of forgiving. After all he taught us that we should seek forgiveness from our Lord, then we should seek it from those who we have wronged. We should seek it in supplications for our deads, as long as they are Muslims. I swear by my Lord Allah, that when a former non Muslim converts, his/her former sins are forgiven and wiped out, but simultaneously turned to good deeds. So when a person becomes a Muslim, the accounting of that person becomes positive immediately, without any negative. The positive of the new account is by at least the same amount that the account was negative before. It is different from the Christian born again concept of religious progression, which at best, from the Christian point of view may only freeze the negative account, but does not give you any positive amount into your account, by this act except that you have to begin working for it, but at best wipes your negative account clean, even if that is so.
Re: Islamic Veil by olabowale(m): 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2008
@Zigbo:
the lady in the first picture pilgrim posted is wearing a sleeveless top looking so attractive in it, then she goes right after n puts a veil round her face. . what is that about . meanwhile if i ever see them beautiful ladies covered up in veils from head to toe like that nd in a group of 4 or more approaching from a dist. i will be very frightened nd i'll prolly take off myself nt to talk of children, that looks so scarry.
: My dear lady, what is the essence of a person, trying to be modest, as if obeying the commandment of God, when the breast is almost exposed, as you can see in the picture? Then the person wears a 'skull cap' and a nikaa to cover the nose and mouth, while exposing, the Neck, shoulders and the whole arms? This is against Islam my sister. I guarantee you that these women in the pictures are not Muslims and if they were, it is only Islam by name and never from the heart.

Just because you have a middle astern looking face, does not mean they are Muslims. And if they are they do not have to be the scholars of Islam. There are Jews and Christians and others of varying degrees of non Muslims from the Middle east. Some may just be willing to be the props in the pictures to malign Islam, knowingly or unknowingly. And not all Muslims know what they do in Islam. This is the reason that Islam commands scholarship, on everyone. Take the case of the poor Afghanistan woman, with the baby in the picture, Kazakh, the President should be mindful of his responsibility to his Lord. The wealthy amongst them too, should know that they have responsibility to the poor among them. How do they allow their sister to be in that state of financial condition, yet she has not taking off the covering is an indictment on all of them, including the president himself. Muhammad (as) said that everyone will be accountable of his/her duties to the people under their care. The father, his family. The mother her children. The leader those under his authority/jurisdiction.

(1) (2) (3)

Celebrating Valentine's Days (A Short Fatwa) / The Virtues Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwal / Why It Is Bid'ah, Forbidden And Sinful To Be "Sunni"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.