Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,344 members, 7,957,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:11 AM

Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism (24696 Views)

Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? / Similarities Between Christianity And African Religion / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by TerryCarr(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Christianity DIDN'T tell people to fight for it, none of the disciples of Jesus fought because of Christianity, either did Jesus the founder fight for Christianity, rather he laid down his life for this without a fight.

What you're mixing up is TRYING TO BLAME PEOPLE'S DECISION to use "religion" as a tool to fight for their selfish reason on Christianity. Now, i ask you lot again, where in the teachings, spoken words or recorded history of Jesus did he support or ask anyone to fight or oppress anyone for Christianity sake?

A kitchen knife was produced to serve positive purposes in the kitchen, when it's used by anyone to kill or oppress someone else, do we blame the knife or the user?
Jesus did not exist in Nigeria(90% of Africa) until like the 1500's
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 11:31am On Aug 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you are comitting a grave mistake by mixing politics with religion. check what i wrote in my previous comment. and also tell me , HAS ANY PAGAN KINGDOm, CHIEFDOM, or whatever, EVER FOUGHT A WAR TO FORCEFULLY CONVERT OTHER PEOPLE TO OUR FAITHS!! NEVER! but YOU XTIANS DID THE VERY SAME! THE CRUSADES, THE COLONIZATION, THE FORCED CONVERSION OF THE TRIBES OF EUROPE AND OF NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA, ALL THAT! angry

pray tell m, why is it that only christians and mulims do such thing, if it is not for the brainwashing elements of your evil book

LOL you're the one mixing religion with politics here, i have told you to show me where the founder of Christianity who remains Jesus did any of the things you listed, the fact that humans he left behind decided to use it for their own selfish reason does not make Christianity any of what you have polished it to be.

To take you serious, show me where Jesus or any of his disciples used any of the stuffs you listed to convert anyone.

Thank you.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Oh i should have known that I'm dealing with a cartoon baby daddy. thank you for saving my time lol.

Are you backing off the debate? WHY?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by TerryCarr(m): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Oh i should have known that I'm dealing with a cartoon baby daddy. thank you for saving my time lol.
im pretty sure you can find somebody in Greek and Roman myths that has similar things that Jesus or the bible in general
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2012
TerryCarr: Jesus did not exist in Nigeria(90% of Africa) until like the 1500's

And during these period, Africa was civilized and no one killed or oppressed anyone?

When i ask questions, you guys run away from it.. i am asking again, Did Jesus in anyway or anyplace ask anyone to oppress or kill anyone to have them converted?

I don't want to bother quoting the bible because you people won't understand nor respect it, so why bothered?

So i am asking you guys to show me where Jesus instructed anyone to do any of the things you accuse Christianity of.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2012
TerryCarr: im pretty sure you can find somebody in Greek and Roman myths that has similar things that Jesus or the bible in general

Oh you don't have anyone you know more refined and blameless like Jesus?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

LOL you're the one mixing religion with politics here, i have told you to show me where the founder of Christianity who remains Jesus did any of the things you listed, the fact that humans he left behind decided to use it for their own selfish reason does not make Christianity any of what you have polished it to be.

To take you serious, show me where Jesus or any of his disciples used any of the stuffs you listed to convert anyone.

Thank you.

you didnt answer my previous question yet. why is it that only christians and muslims convert other people by force, bribe, etc., why dont you find us Pagans doing such things this proves that there must be something wrong in your teachings or else this would not be the case!

also the biggest weapon of christianity & islam is brainwashing. IT is what adolf hitler used when he tried to egg the germans to kill all those countless jews. your jesus and his disciples would not have directly forced people to convert, because at that time, we Pagans were in Power. but their brainwashing, preaching ultimately did the trick. Indirectly they caused all the pain and suffering. they made sure the blame wouldnt come on them.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by TerryCarr(m): 11:46am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

And during these period, Africa was civilized and no one killed or oppressed anyone?

When i ask questions, you guys run away from it.. i am asking again, Did Jesus in anyway or anyplace ask anyone to oppress or kill anyone to have them converted?

I don't want to bother quoting the bible because you people won't understand nor respect it, so why bothered?

So i am asking you guys to show me where Jesus instructed anyone to do any of the things you accuse Christianity of.
Africans are not one people different cultures = difference societies and it depends on what you mean civilized if this is uncivilized then you got problems

[img]http://203reallys.files./2011/03/gqenbhz7sdpbrc5nc4fcod.jpg%3Fw%3D490[/img]
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you didnt answer my previous question yet. why is it that only christians and muslims convert other people by force, bribe, etc., why dont you find us Pagans doing such things this proves that there must be something wrong in your teachings or else this would not be the case!

also the biggest weapon of christianity & islam is brainwashing. IT is what adolf hitler used when he tried to egg the germans to kill all those countless jews. your jesus and his disciples would not have directly forced people to convert, because at that time, we Pagans were in Power. but their brainwashing, preaching ultimately did the trick. Indirectly they caused all the pain and suffering. they made sure the blame wouldnt come on them.

I answered you but you didn't see it because it wasn't what you had in mind, so go back and have a re-reading.

You mean the "brainwashing and the way of life of Christ and his disciples was strong enough to have convinced your people to have abandoned their paganism? don't you think you can only leave where you are to another place if the new place is better?

TerryCarr: Africans are not one people different cultures = difference societies and it depends on what you mean civilized if this is uncivilized then you got problems

[img]http://203reallys.files./2011/03/gqenbhz7sdpbrc5nc4fcod.jpg%3Fw%3D490[/img]

Which of them didn't kill or oppress others?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by mkmyers45(m): 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
I wonder why honeric01 is refusing to discuss with me....P.s: How did christianity truly come to africa?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
mkmyers45: I wonder why honeric01 is refusing to discuss with me....P.s: How did christianity truly come to africa?

it came with force,pain and deceit.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

I answered you but you didn't see it because it wasn't what you had in mind, so go back and have a re-reading.

You mean the "brainwashing and the way of life of Christ and his disciples was strong enough to have convinced your people to have abandoned their paganism? don't you think you can only leave where you are to another place if the new place is better?

No i personally dont think so. the person just knows what you and the book tell him. a well told lie is always convincing, added to a few bribes here and there , and scaring the person by saying he/she is a sinner since birth and he/she will go to hell if they dont convert. this is just one of the methods. then , maybe pull out a magic trick or 2 to scare them, provide some cheap alcohol, and your job is done.

first of all let us analyse the world christian conversions:

European Countries (very important because it was the future base of christianity and its subsequeent spread to the world) : mostly FORCED, some examples., Charlemagne is recorded as having massacred 4,500 rebel Saxon prisoners in Verden (the Massacre of Verden), and imposing legislation upon the subjected Saxons that including the penalty of death for refusing conversion to Christianity or for aiding pagans who did the same / Scandinavia: Olaf I of Norway, had those under his rule that practiced their indigenous Norse Paganism and refused to Christianize tortured, maimed or executed, including seidmen, who were tied up and thrown to a skerry at low tide to slowly drown. After Olaf I's death, Norway returned to its native paganism. Olaf II of Norway had pagans who refused to convert tortured, blinded or executed, and despoiled pagan temples, eventually resulting in at least nominal Christianization of Norway , or brainwashed Kings forced the new religion upon subjects. brainwashing. politics as in the case of bulgaria, etc.

South American Countries: FORCED. also assimilation techniques. some brainwashing. inquisition.

North American States : FORCED. assimilation. brainwashing. bribes by taking the natives land, false treaties, forced adoption, missionary schools, etc.

Phillipines: FORCED, Inquisition.

African Nations: FORCED, bribes, brainwashing, slaves forced, etc. you know all that. .

India: Goa : FORCED. inquisition,, torture massacre, etc.
Central Indian tribal lands: full-scale bribery and blackmail. provision of clothing, money, education, food, etc., im return for religious conversion.
North-East Tribal Lands & Orissa: brainwashing and raising of armed militia, especially among the Naga tribes, who forcefully convert the rest of the tribes at gunpoint, using even rape if necessary. there slogan is : ""Nagalim for Christ".

China: some brainwashing. one Hakka Chinese feudal lord even declares himself son of God. gets killed by Ming Emperors or so.

Japan: brainwashing, inciitement of rebellion. chrisitianity gets crushed heavly here and all missionaries are crucified-speared or expelled. christianity officially outlawed by the Daimyo, the Samurai Lords and the Emperor himself. The shogunate's forces beheaded an estimated 37,000 rebel xtians and sympathizers. religious fanatic & inciter of the rebellion, Amakusa Shirō's severed head was taken to Nagasaki for public display, and the entire complex at Hara Castle was burned to the ground and buried together with the bodies of all the dead. as a result Japan is the only non-European Nation today to reach such a high level of technological development and progress comparitively. INFACT, even higher than almost all western countries. even the keyboard you are typing with must be of Japanese make.

etc..

wow honest by the Gods, you are lucky i didn't post the full-detailed account of christian blood-spatterd history on this thread. it would take several volumes of books for that.

my fellow, your religion has a very bad record indeed, even at par with islam. . cool
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by TerryCarr(m): 10:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Which of them didn't kill or oppress others?
which society does not kill or oppress?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

No i personally dont think so. the person just knows what you and the book tell him. a well told lie is always convincing, added to a few bribes here and there , and scaring the person by saying he/she is a sinner since birth and he/she will go to hell if they dont convert. this is just one of the methods. then , maybe pull out a magic trick or 2 to scare them, provide some cheap alcohol, and your job is done.

first of all let us analyse the world christian conversions:

European Countries (very important because it was the future base of christianity and its subsequeent spread to the world) : mostly FORCED, some examples., Charlemagne is recorded as having massacred 4,500 rebel Saxon prisoners in Verden (the Massacre of Verden), and imposing legislation upon the subjected Saxons that including the penalty of death for refusing conversion to Christianity or for aiding pagans who did the same / Scandinavia: Olaf I of Norway, had those under his rule that practiced their indigenous Norse Paganism and refused to Christianize tortured, maimed or executed, including seidmen, who were tied up and thrown to a skerry at low tide to slowly drown. After Olaf I's death, Norway returned to its native paganism. Olaf II of Norway had pagans who refused to convert tortured, blinded or executed, and despoiled pagan temples, eventually resulting in at least nominal Christianization of Norway , or brainwashed Kings forced the new religion upon subjects. brainwashing. politics as in the case of bulgaria, etc.

South American Countries: FORCED. also assimilation techniques. some brainwashing. inquisition.

North American States : FORCED. assimilation. brainwashing. bribes by taking the natives land, false treaties, forced adoption, missionary schools, etc.

Phillipines: FORCED, Inquisition.

African Nations: FORCED, bribes, brainwashing, slaves forced, etc. you know all that. .

India: Goa : FORCED. inquisition,, torture massacre, etc.
Central Indian tribal lands: full-scale bribery and blackmail. provision of clothing, money, education, food, etc., im return for religious conversion.
North-East Tribal Lands & Orissa: brainwashing and raising of armed militia, especially among the Naga tribes, who forcefully convert the rest of the tribes at gunpoint, using even rape if necessary. there slogan is : ""Nagalim for Christ".

China: some brainwashing. one Hakka Chinese feudal lord even declares himself son of God. gets killed by Ming Emperors or so.

Japan: brainwashing, inciitement of rebellion. chrisitianity gets crushed heavly here and all missionaries are crucified-speared or expelled. christianity officially outlawed by the Daimyo, the Samurai Lords and the Emperor himself. The shogunate's forces beheaded an estimated 37,000 rebel xtians and sympathizers. religious fanatic & inciter of the rebellion, Amakusa Shirō's severed head was taken to Nagasaki for public display, and the entire complex at Hara Castle was burned to the ground and buried together with the bodies of all the dead. as a result Japan is the only non-European Nation today to reach such a high level of technological development and progress comparitively. INFACT, even higher than almost all western countries. even the keyboard you are typing with must be of Japanese make.

etc..

wow honest by the Gods, you are lucky i didn't post the full-detailed account of christian blood-spatterd history on this thread. it would take several volumes of books for that.

my fellow, your religion has a very bad record indeed, even at par with islam. . cool

All the examples you cited have nothing to do with Christianity, rather it was all about politics and domination, selfish interests and nothing more.

You keep using what HUMANS decided to do by themselves (while using religion to front) as an example.

I am asking you again, can you show me where Jesus or any of his disciples FORCED anyone, USED lies and DECEIT, OPPRESS or CONNED anyone into accepting Christianity?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
honeric01:

All the examples you cited have nothing to do with Christianity, rather it was all about politics and domination, selfish interests and nothing more.

You keep using what HUMANS decided to do by themselves (while using religion to front) as an example.

I am asking you again, can you show me where Jesus or any of his disciples FORCED anyone, USED lies and DECEIT, OPPRESS or CONNED anyone into accepting Christianity?

PAGAN 9JA:

also the biggest weapon of christianity & islam is "brainwashing". IT is what adolf hitler used when he tried to egg the germans to kill all those countless jews. your jesus and his disciples would not have directly forced people to convert, because at that time, we Pagans were in Power. but their brainwashing, preaching ultimately did the trick. Indirectly they caused all the pain and suffering. they made sure the blame wouldnt come on them.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by amor4ce(m): 1:13am On Aug 31, 2012
PAGAN 9JA, Christians have been defrauded by the oyinbo supremacists into believing that the ROCK's name is Jesus, a clear fraud. These supremacists carried out an ethnic genocide in the Middle East and references in this regard abound in the Bible. These are the violent ones who took heaven by force, who killed Oshu's followers, who deceptively induced their own people in Europe to kill others in the name of christianity, and much more. Their lives are about insanity.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 1:26am On Aug 31, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

As usual, fallacy, pray tell, how was Jesus and his disciples able to convert you pagans to following them, thereby rejecting your pagan way of life if you Pagans were in Power and doing better than the minority? If your paganism was worth it, better and more rewarding than Christ and his teachings, how then was Jesus able to win your pagan brothers through brainwashing and preaching? You mean they indirectly caused all the pain and suffering to you pagans with their preaching? were there no killings, oppression, poverty, sufferings and pains pre-Jesus's days on earth?

If you were living in an all-furnished mansion and someone with a one room apartment tries to convince you to move to his or her apartment, would you move or stay in your multi-purpose, all-en-suite mansion?

I wouldn't want to go into atrocities you pagans commit in your "religion" since i don't care.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by SujiAndrew(m): 8:16am On May 17, 2016
Two Kinds of Morality http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/05/two-kinds-of-morality.html?m=1
What is the role of morality in our Christian walk?
This post will clarify your doubts about what the true morality is.
Be blessed in the name of our lord Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Joshua Iginla: "Nnamdi Kanu Has A Spirit In Him, Dialogue With Him Now" / How Sex Can Make You Miss Your Ultimate Flight / "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.