Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? (4494 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / Weakness Or Strength? A Must Read Motivational Story!!!!! / Best Biography You Ever Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by k2039: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
I believe 'READING IS THE WAY TO A GREAT LIFE'.
Reading great books takes a lot of effort(have read books that I didn't read past the first chapter,not because they weren't interesting,but I felt it was laziness on my own part).

But considering the benefits that reading great books can bring to one's life is enough reason for one to read.

The only reason I opened this thread is for us to share the books that have had the greatest impact on our lives,that way we could add additional books to our libraries.

For me the greatest books have read are;

1.BIBLE,It contains pure truth about God, about life, the nature of mankind and our own hearts as human beings.

2.The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey,It prepared me for a change in mindset,it helped me move from dependency to independency.I understood from the book that two people could be seeing the same thing and still differ with each other and are both right(hence I made a decision never to argue with anyone,I made up my mind to always seek first to understand the others persons perspective before speaking). I learnt a lot from the book that if I start to explain my post will be too long.

3.Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill,It talks about thirteen proven steps to riches,the steps can also be applied to different areas of one's life,not just financially but all areas.The fact that one was not educated in school doesn't mean one cant be successful(Henry Ford),that success and richness all starts from the mind.

4.The mastery of love by Don Miguel Ángel Ruiz,this is the best book I ever read on LOVE,it contains insightful ideas about relationships,it changed my perspective towards relationship and my expectations towards my partner(though I dont have one now).Also that my reactions is the key to having a wonderful life and relationship.

5.Maximizing Your Potential by Dr Myles Munroe,this book refired my passion for living,I learn to maximize the God-given potential lying dormant inside me,that every individual is a living treasure chest, I also made a commitment to dying empty after I read the book.

For me this are the greatest books have read,and they've had a greater impact on my life than any other literature book.I will recommend nairalanders who haven't read any of them to get a copy,and you will be glad you did.
So I will like to hear from you nairalanders about the greatest motivational book/books you've ever read.
Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by Godsheir: 6:06am On Aug 30, 2012
A Purpose driven life

2 Likes

Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by k2039: 7:03am On Aug 30, 2012
God'sheir:
A Purpose driven life
By Rick Warren,Have heard a lot about the book,I may just have to read it soon.

1 Like

Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by Godsheir: 11:37am On Aug 30, 2012
k2039:
By Rick Warren,Have heard a lot about the book,I may just have to read it soon.
read it 2 tyms, words cnt quantify hw i ws blessed. Cnt get enough of dat book,bought 4 a friend n planin 2 buy 4 my lil sis.
Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by k2039: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
God'sheir:

read it 2 tyms, words cnt quantify hw i ws blessed. Cnt get enough of dat book,bought 4 a friend n planin 2 buy 4 my lil sis.
will read it today,I have the ebook.
Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by sholay2011(m): 11:14pm On Aug 30, 2012
As for me, it's 'the purpose driven life' by rick warren. it's a book i read and was shocked not to meet what i actually xpected.

1 Like

Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by evalina: 1:05am On Aug 31, 2012
life 101 by peter mcwilliam and john roger

1 Like

Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by k2039: 8:11am On Sep 01, 2012
evalina: life 101 by peter mcwilliam and john roger
Everything We Wish We Had Learned About Life In School -- But Didn't
Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by kama1210: 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2012
The Path(Creating your mission statement) by Laurie Beth Jones.

Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

(Maximizing your Potentials, Understanding your Potentials)by Mylse Monroe

Where are the Prophets by Pastor Rayvic Ifeanyi

Above all, the Bible, inspired by Holy ghost

1 Like

Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by djeezy(m): 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
Purpose driven life by Rick Warren. For downlaod just type on google "purpose driven life by Rick pdf" then download into your device. Make sure your device can read pdf files. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by Delafruita(m): 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2012
i have read quite a lot of books but one that stands out for me is "rich dad poor dad".not because its the best i have read,but because reading it got me on the road to reading more.if "rich dad poor dad" hadnt affected me the way it did,i might never have bought any other one

3 Likes

Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by aslan333: 11:04am On Sep 11, 2012
@ poster i have read those books and they are really great (i have them all as audio books and listen on the way to work. when i was young i read Nathan H woods secret of the universe. that really inspired me, it helped me understand a few things. also the simirallion by J.r tolkien and alot of c.s lewis books.Now i seem to have more audio books so no time is wasted when on the move.cool

1 Like

Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by staaan(m): 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
Well books have their effects on critical minds. A few of them changed my orientation of life.
1. Rich Dad, Poor Dad. This 1 fired me up.
2. Richest man in babylon, this 1 tot me to be thrifty
3. 48 laws of Power. I had to take it slow with 1, cos to implement all it was teaching would make me loose the right to b called Christian. Good book though

3 Likes

Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by k2039: 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
staaan: cos to implement all it was teaching would make me loose the right to b called Christian. Good book though
hmm
Re: What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? by Govvy(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2013
#PDF Academy invites you to its One Day Free Seminar in Lagos, Nigeria. Theme: How To Become A Best Selling Author. Date: Saturday 13th July, 2013. Time: 9:00am. Seminar Fee: Free Venue: Masterbuilder Hall, 20/21, Adebiyi Ayopo Str., Off Union Rd, Cement b/s, Lagos (Please note that this is a pre-registered conference. To register, send your (1) Name (2) Sex (3) Age and (4) State of residence to pdfacademylagos @gmail.com and your RIN (Registration Identification Number) will be forwarded to you as confirmation of your registration. Only 100 seats available. Enquiries – 08093415875.

(1) (Reply)

A Flash In The Pan (18+) / Mosquito Palaver (legend Of The Nerd) / 5 Common Mistakes Made In Content Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.