Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,364 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Former Hip Hop Heavyweight Chris Lighty Found Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Former Hip Hop Heavyweight Chris Lighty Found Dead (743 Views)

Rest In Peace:martins Lawrence Found Dead In A Hotel / My Hip Is My Greatest Asset —ebube Nwagbo / WWE World Heavyweight Champion Undertaker Embrace Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Hip Hop Heavyweight Chris Lighty Found Dead by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2012
Chris Lighty, founder of Violator Entertainment and manager to music heavyweights such as Mariah Carey and LL Cool J, has died at the age of 44.

Police responded to a call at 670 West 232nd Street in the Bronx, New York, at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Thursday (August 30). Officers discovered Lighty with a gunshot wound to the head and he was pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities recovered a black semi-automatic pistol at the scene and tell MTV News that Lighty's wound appear to be self-inflicted.

Lighty got his start in the 1980s, building his reputation from the ground up. He emerged from the Native Tongues camp and went on to start Violator, which has helped to launch the careers of stars such as Missy Elliott, Q-Tip, Busta Rhymes, Nas, LL Cool J and more.

According to the New York Daily News, Lighty had been dealing with some personal issues that included a divorce from his wife last year and an IRS debt that totaled around $5 million.

As news of his death broke, members of the hip-hop community who have worked with Lighty began tweeting out their disbelief that he was gone. A message from Def Jam Records' Twitter account read, "We lost a great one today, Rest in Peace Chris Lighty. Forever in our hearts. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends."

Fat Joe, who has worked closely with Lighty, wrote, "R.I.P CHRIS LIGHTY THE MAN THAT SAVED MY LIFE!!! I Would Be Nothing Without YOU!!! My Kids Appreciate YOU God Bless Chris Lighty." Saigon added, "If this Chris Lighty sh-- is true, that just f---ed up my whole YEAR. He was my manager for 2 years."

Read more: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1692941/chris-lighty-dead-suicide.jhtml
Re: Former Hip Hop Heavyweight Chris Lighty Found Dead by ichieakpo(m): 8:17am On Aug 31, 2012
RIP
Re: Former Hip Hop Heavyweight Chris Lighty Found Dead by ichieakpo(m): 8:18am On Aug 31, 2012
RIP angry

(1) (Reply)

Psy Performes "Gangnam Style" With MC Hammer Live At American Music Awards / Yes, I Had A Sexual Relationship With Don Jazzy In The Past" - Tonto Dikeh / Beyonce Gay Marriage: Bey Shows Support For Gay Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.