Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Looking For Atheist Wife - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Looking For Atheist Wife (1507 Views)

In Search Of An Atheist Girlfriend That Could Lead To Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For Atheist Wife by kay29000(m): 9:02am On Aug 31, 2012

1 Like

Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by claremont(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2012
Guy, you go wait tire oh for dat 9ja! With the way and manner Nigerians obsessively cling to religion, getting a Nigerian female who is an Atheist is like looking for a needle in a haysack. Good luck though. grin
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by prettychic(f): 11:49pm On Sep 01, 2012
How nice...
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by kay29000(m): 10:20am On Sep 13, 2015
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by kay29000(m): 8:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hmm!
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by kay29000(m): 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
I am still searching. Please MODS, don't take this to Front Page because of how sensitive the matter is. A lot of people don't know I am an atheist.
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by kay9(m): 3:54am On Sep 23, 2016
Is freecocoa still single? But she's based in PH though.
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by freecocoa(f): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2016
kay9:
Is freecocoa still single? But she's based in PH though.
I bet you must know I also don't meet any of those requirements, well except maybe height/age.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by kay9(m): 12:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
freecocoa:
I bet you must know I also don't meet any of those requirements, well except maybe height/age.

Oh yeah, the Ibadan chic and all... I totally forgot those, apologies. As soon as I saw "atheist", I immediately thought of you... in a good way sha. cheesy How u dey sef?
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by freecocoa(f): 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
kay9:

Oh yeah, the Ibadan chic and all... I totally forgot those, apologies. As soon as I saw "atheist", I immediately thought of you... in a good way sha. cheesy How u dey sef?
Lol, I'm fine, you?
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by kay9(m): 3:58am On Sep 24, 2016
freecocoa:
Lol, I'm fine, you?

Peachy.
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by excanny: 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
Same situation as you. You may not get an Atheist girl, you can marry someone that is religious, but select the non-fanatical ones.

Just avoid talk on religion with any normal girl you meet. This is Nigeria not Northern Europe. Most are just moderately religious. Just say you worship God in your own way and that its best to be good and you believe that more.

As long as you are here, you are more likely to marry a religious person. So just dont throw your Atheist belief in their face. Just play along like an unserious Christian or Muslim.

My girlfriend is moderate Muslim while I'm ex-Christian. She still believes I'm an unserious Christian. She nagged a little initially and asked me why I dont go to Church regularly when we just met. But seeing my good behaviour, she's just in love and doesnt even ask again. Maybe I'm lucky she doesnt mind marrying anybody and isnt too keen on religion.

So it mind be hard getting an Atheist girl in Nigeria where women are more religious than men. You are more likely to marry a religious girl. Just keep it low and play along. Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 01, 2016
The poster above is actually very correct. The reason these girls emphasise religion is because they believe you'll be well calibrated, if religious. If you show them you are in fact finely calibrated without it, most would let it slide. All you've got to do is ensure you don't bring it up and when they bring it up, dance around it. A sizeable percentage of them go to church for other reasons besides religion anyways. And don't most bang around even while claiming religious?
Guy, just play your game well. If, though, you insist on making atheism your defining reason for going into a relationship, there's every chance you'll end up with a somewhat ugly, irritable feminist-wannabe who thinks the world should kiss her feet.

2 Likes

Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by Skelewu: 9:45am On Oct 01, 2016
I know a cute Yoruba girl on this forum, she's atheist.
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by kay29000(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
excanny:
Same situation as you. You may not get an Atheist girl, you can marry someone that is religious, but select the non-fanatical ones.

Just avoid talk on religion with any normal girl you meet. This is Nigeria not Northern Europe. Most are just moderately religious. Just say you worship God in your own way and that its best to be good and you believe that more.

As long as you are here, you are more likely to marry a religious person. So just dont throw your Atheist belief in their face. Just play along like an unserious Christian or Muslim.

My girlfriend is moderate Muslim while I'm ex-Christian. She still believes I'm an unserious Christian. She nagged a little initially and asked me why I dont go to Church regularly when we just met. But seeing my good behaviour, she's just in love and doesnt even ask again. Maybe I'm lucky she doesnt mind marrying anybody and isnt too keen on religion.

So it mind be hard getting an Atheist girl in Nigeria where women are more religious than men. You are more likely to marry a religious girl. Just keep it low and play along. Wish you the best.

Thanks a lot. I was kinda already tilting towards the direction you are suggesting. Thanks.
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by kay29000(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
gustalnov:
The poster above is actually very correct. The reason these girls emphasise religion is because they believe you'll be well calibrated, if religious. If you show them you are in fact finely calibrated without it, most would let it slide. All you've got to do is ensure you don't bring it up and when they bring it up, dance around it. A sizeable percentage of them go to church for other reasons besides religion anyways. And don't most bang around even while claiming religious?
Guy, just play your game well. If, though, you insist on making atheism your defining reason for going into a relationship, there's every chance you'll end up with a somewhat ugly, irritable feminist-wannabe who thinks the world should kiss her feet.

Anyways, that aside. I'm an atheist myself and if you wanna get into conversations., you can hit me up.

Thanks man! You made a lot of sense with your comment. I will def go that way.
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by kay29000(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
Skelewu:

What's her username?
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by Skelewu: 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
kay29000:

What's her username?

amusaopeyemi. She clearly states in the personal message on her profile that she doesn't believe in God.

Check her out and see if you like her. I personally think she's beautiful. Such a charming smile.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by excanny: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
kay29000:

Thanks a lot. I was kinda already tilting towards the direction you are suggesting. Thanks.

It's just the Nigeriam environment. Too much religious facade and nothing to show for it. Same poverty and rubbish life despite wasting thousands of hours worshipping a "God" that only exist in their imaginations.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by kay29000(m): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
excanny:

It's just the Nigeriam environment. Too much religious facade and nothing to show for it. Same poverty and rubbish life despite wasting thousands of hours worshipping a "God" that only exist in their imaginations.

EXACTLY!
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by kay29000(m): 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
Skelewu:

amusaopeyemi. She clearly states in the personal message on her profile that she doesn't believe in God.

Check her out and see if you like her. I personally think she's beautiful. Such a charming smile.

Thanks. I just checked her out. I actually know her, but I lost her contacts a few years back. I didn't know she was an atheist THOUGH. What a small world.
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by excanny: 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
Skelewu:

Interesting! Are there other atheist girls?
Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by Skelewu: 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
kay29000:

Thanks. I just checked her out. I actually know her, but I lost her contacts a few years back. I didn't know she was an atheist THOUGH. What a small world.

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by Skelewu: 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
excanny:

Interesting! Are there other atheist girls?

I don't know any other. But I'm sure there a countless others keeping a low profile here.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Atheist Wife by ekehopp: 2:52am On Nov 13, 2017
Any Nigerian Facebook dating group where one can find like atheist minds?

(1) (Reply)

Single And Searching: Are U The Right Person? ok / Using your beauty to get a rich husband: very risky trade. / Dont Know Why But Am Beginning To Like Onila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.