Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting (7990 Views)

Paralympics Couple To Marry In Jos / Yakubu Adesokan Wins Gold In Paralympics Powerlifting. / London 2012 Paralympics Opening Ceremony - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by tnktosin(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
Nwokorie beat Cigdem Dede from Turkey, who won the silver medal, while Lidiia Soloviova of Ukraine claimed the bronze medal.

Nwokorie, last year won bronze in the 44kg category at the third Fazaa International Para-powerlifting Championship in Dubai, to qualify for the Paralympic Games in London.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/31/nwokorie-wins-nigerias-second-gold-medal-in-powerlifting-at-paralympics-games/

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by E20BILLION(m): 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2012
Good news. I m really happy abt dis.
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by binigirl(f): 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2012
Great news!!!
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by mkmyers45(m): 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2012
Good News...
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by munaco: 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2012
I am proud of all the athletes representing Nigeria, words can't express my joy for them. Nigeria is 7th on the Medal table ahead of USA for 9th position. You can always follow the link for latest updates http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/19083815
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2012
Naira is now appreciating against the dollar by paralysis

1 Like

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by mamdanju: 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2012
what the ables can do, the disable can even do better. Congratulations Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
I think we have to cripple all the nigerian athletes to do thesame. angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Built2last: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
I expected us to do well in Paralympics, reason being that sports administrators cannot play politics with it. its difficult to enlist their brothers and cousins. Well done to all the men and women showing ability in disability.

19 Likes

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by abdulkayus(m): 4:23pm On Aug 31, 2012
illitrate: I think we have to cripple all the nigerian athletes to do thesame. angry angry angry angry

maybe we shld start wit u

1 Like

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by tnktosin(m): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
Built2last: I expected us to do well in Paralympics, reason being that sports administrators cannot play politics with it. its difficult to enlist their brothers and cousins. Well done to all the men and women showing ability in disability.
Yea, i agree with you 100%

2 Likes

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Ijebulogic(m): 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
illitrate: I think we have to cripple all the nigerian athletes to do thesame. angry angry angry angry

Oga, in this century the word is "disable" not cripple. The comment is in poor taste whichever way.

1 Like

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by ireke(m): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
mamdanju: what the ables can do, the disable can even do better. Congratulations Nigeria!

What did the "ables" do? I think you should say "what the ables can NOT do, the disabled are doing brilliantly."

1 Like

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by bigmitchmob: 4:37pm On Aug 31, 2012
Built2last: I expected us to do well in Paralympics, reason being that sports administrators cannot play politics with it. its difficult to enlist their brothers and cousins. Well done to all the men and women showing ability in disability.

Funny, i agree still. Nice one
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by tnktosin(m): 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
Datz wiiiicked mehn, but who knows? it might just do the trick.

Ijebulogic: Oga, in this century the word is "disable" not cripple. The comment is in poor taste whichever way.
yea yea wink
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Afam4eva(m): 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
The Abled athletes must be watching this and wishing they were disabled since the disabled ones are now the ones making us proud. What an Abled Naija athlete cannot do, a Disabled Naija athlete can do ten folds. Up Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Chanchit: 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2012
Maybe we should jst stop going to the main Olympic, so we can concentrate on this paralympics, that way we would stop wasting money.... Or they should jst merge the thing together becos of Nigeria, so we will stop coming first frm bottom...

1 Like

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by polis007(m): 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ijebulogic:

Oga, in this century the word is "disable" not cripple. The comment is in poor taste whichever way.

Oga Mr right it is physically challenged.

1 Like

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by binigirl(f): 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2012
Built2last: I expected us to do well in Paralympics, [b]reason being that sports administrators cannot play politics with it. its difficult to enlist their brothers and cousins. [/b]Well done to all the men and women showing ability in disability.

Well we can still help dem out wit that one just break the legs of their so called brothers and cousins and den dey can be enlisted... grin grin grin
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2012
wadup guy. It's me again
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by swtchicgurl: 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2012

hahahaha! i couldn't agree more! GBAM! cheesy
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by dorleey(f): 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2012
I A̶̲̥̅♏ so proud of them. They are truly representing nigeria. Kudos to them.
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
may be we have to make a dis able person our president since the complete person people has failed
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by nkemKalu: 4:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
mamdanju: what the ables can do, the disable can even do better. Congratulations Nigeria!
PLEASE POINT OF CORRECTION......WHAT THE ABLES CANNOT DO, THE DISABLES CAN DO EVEN BETTER
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
i keep saying this...THERE IS ABILITY IN DISABILITY.......cONgRaTs NiGeRiA smiley smiley
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
£20BILLION:
Good news. I m really happy abt dis.

am FLABBERGASTED !

wHAT a wonderful news!
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by cyara(f): 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2012
Thank for making us proud
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by emvz: 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2012
cyara: Thank for making us proud

Thank you
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by MMM2(m): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2012
Good 4 her
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Benito69(m): 5:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
I think Nigeria should just retire from the Olympics and concentrate on the para-Olympics, think about, its hard enough being disabled, but to be disabled and also win a gold medal is no mean feat. Congrats to the athletes!

1 Like

Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Tedpgrass: 5:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
Well done Nwokorie!!!!!

More "gold...en" moments or achievements to you
Re: Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting by Clemzy16(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2012
This is great news for Nigeria. i'm so proud of this wonderful people making us proud back here at home. It goes a long way to show that we still have Real athletes to represent us internationally. As far our government do not interfere. You know what i mean.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Hope For Basketball In Nigeria? / Arsenal Focus Now On Europa League, Says Emery, After Top 4 Hopes Fade / What Was Your Favourite 2013 AFCON Moment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.