Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,903 members, 7,824,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? (2301 Views)

What Webhost In Nigeria Can Handle Website Traffic Like Facebook / Is Trudigits A Good Webhost? / Who Wants A Good Webhost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 04, 2008
After designing and hosting websites for many years, i always avoid directly hosting sites for my clients. I prefer to give then available options, i prefer to let them buy the site themselves anywhere they like and simple do the design, but some will insist that i handle both design and hosting. I have made use of various companies [let me not mention names], but they usually end in the same old story.
What do you recommend for this situation? There are many upcoming web designers/developers too that have this problem.
The main problem is that as usual most Nigerians do not want to pay good money to gt what they want. They want a cheap and at the same time reliable service,
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by astronp7(m): 10:31am On Jan 04, 2008
Ofcourse I am not my2cent. He will comment when he comes around.

But I want to assist. In my opinion, getting both design and hosting is far better for you as a web designer. Apart from being profitable, you will also have the opportunity to get a hosting service you trust and can satisfy your client's site/development requirements. You can buy a bulk package from which you can be hosting all your clients. Or you can be registering per job.

I have been providing hosting for my clients and others for long now. It pays. And by now you should have been able to know what to be looking out for when sourcing for hosting - affordable rates (that it is costly does not make it that good), good space (to satisfy the capacity or your project), no down time (many host use more than one server - when one is being maintained, the other is running), support for the applications you are using for developing your site.

If you have hosting needs, you can have a look to my web hosting rates, it meets the above requirement, my least package starts with (100MB space, unlimited email accounts, free domain registration, 3GB bandwith, For Only N5,000). See full Hosting details here

All the best!
Emmanuel Ezeali
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 12:05pm On Jan 04, 2008
dhtml,

unfortunately I am not in Nigeria and so probably couldn't give you an objective answer. Personally, I used hostmonster for all my clients, irrespective of location.

Now, based on communication and posts, I would recommend Just Web Services (http://www.justwebservices.com/wd.php). This company is owned by our very own Afam. I know a few people who are hosting with him and my "undercover" research has shown that they are happy. The main reason? For one, he doesn't believe in reselling and is very quick to answer your questions/concerns in the event you have any.

So check him out and let us know how it goes so others can also benefit: http://www.justwebservices.com/wd.php
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by smartsoft(m): 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2008
It's not just serving people with cheap price, but stabililty and Very effecient, Strong, Reliable hosting,
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by rufaai(m): 12:20am On Jan 08, 2008
Ooh!

It might be hard to find web hosting companies that are completely reliable, especially when few others have killed the business by operating simply to make money. I was so much shocked to visit a web hosting company website and find it taken by domain marketters! Yet they claim to host other peoples websites.

It is always said, when a person says let me create your shoe - look at his legs if he is wearing any, 

Be wise in choosing web hosting companies,  I also recommend http://www.aimtechng.com - I give you 100% Guaranty Assuarance,
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 11, 2008
Thanks guys especially @astronp7, @my2cents. Your replies are favourable. I made a little survey concerning hosting and domain registration. Some people are of the opinion that it is better to buy domain from domain registrars, i thx @seun also supported this view in one other thread like that, and hosting at another place. Such that you can change hosting if there is a problem without loosing your domain name.
I would like to hear your view on this one.
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by syskay(m): 12:28pm On Jan 11, 2008
dhtml:

Thanks guys especially @astronp7, @my2cents. Your replies are favourable. I made a little survey concerning hosting and domain registration. Some people are of the opinion that it is better to buy domain from domain registrars, i thx @seun also supported this view in one other thread like that, and hosting at another place. Such that you can change hosting if there is a problem without loosing your domain name.
I would like to hear your view on this one.

That depends on the policy of the Web Host. Some will provide you with the appropriate administrative privilege over your domain. This enables you to effect any change to your domain name servers, incase you want to switch host.
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by mavtrevor(m): 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2008
I think Syskay is very right, it depends on the policy of the Web host. I use Syskay for my website and i haven't had a need to complain, keep it up guys.
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by niyyie(m): 1:53pm On Jan 13, 2008
Well, the web hosting industry in Nigeria has been maturing slowly over the years. There is some level of competition these days but despite this competition, Web4Africa stands out among the rest. Web4Africa has been offering affordable web-related services since 2002 and offers world-class web hosting at affordable pricing today.

* Competitive domain registration pricing.
* Reseller accounts available for Linux web hosting.

Typically, web design companies offer web hosting to their clients but again, this depends on their size of operation. You can choose to procure a reseller hosting account or just sign-up as a web hosting affiliate with a leading web host. Thus you save yourself the trouble of having to offer technical support whilst still making some decent income from offering web hosting.
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by chiugo: 8:44am On Jan 16, 2008
The latest in town now is www.qservers.net @ 5th floor,centage plaza 14 Allen Ave Ikeja.

Try them and you will see a difference
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by lagoshost(m): 12:25am On Jan 22, 2008
Try www.lagoshost.com. They are very good and provides free domain names.

Cheers!
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by goldenimp(m): 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2008
syskay do u give full administrative priviledges to your domains??
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by kazey(m): 6:31pm On Jan 30, 2008
You could also try Nairahost. We are located at http://www.nairahost.com.ng . We have been in the Nigerian hosting industry since 2004 . We are reliable and affordable. Our support response time is about 15mins to an hour during work hours depending on the priority of your ticket. During weekends our support response time is between 1hour to 4 hours depending on the priority of the ticket.

We have grown over the years, and we have experience with both dedicated, reseller and shared hosting customers. We have clients, ranging from the banking industry to government sectors. If you have any enquiry regarding our services just drop us a mail.
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by syskay(m): 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2008
goldenimp:

syskay do u give full administrative priviledges to your domains??

Yes we do. You are in full control of your domains with us.
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by devine8: 9:33pm On Jan 30, 2008
If you are not spamming, phishing or hosting fake banks
I can give you  10 Gig on a new server with

1 domain name .com, .net, .biz, .info, .org, .ws
you own nameserver
cpane/whm with fantastico
Email, mysql ,  everything else limited only by the web space
100 SMS (European SMSC) for your marketing

2500.00 NGN/month  payable at a local bank in Nigeria.

email me devine at signonafrica dot com
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by la1(m): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2008
AFRICA'S LARGEST AND MOST RELIABLE HOST PROVIDER

www.tertiarydns.net

Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by Afam(m): 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2008
la!:

AFRICA'S LARGEST AND MOST RELIABLE HOST PROVIDER

www.tertiarydns.net

Is www.tertiarydns.net really live? Saw a plesk server based default page after receiving a warning on domain name mismatch, what's up?
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by la1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 05, 2008
working perfectly check your browser settings or even better you can go to netcraft dot com for further due dilligence
www.tertiarydns.net, we are as good as our word.(Africa's largest and most reliable web hosting company)
word!
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by Afam(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2008
Have been able to access the site now, had nothing to do with browser setting, just got a warning for a domain name mismatch yesterday.
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by wollnet: 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2009
I have a webspace 500MB for N5,500 per year with email address, PHP 5, MySQL, ContolPanel. We also assist in script installations. Check the site for details -  www.livehostingcenter.com

Thanks.
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2009
DHTML it's me Pc guru my friends want me to gather some guys with some skills to create an E-commerce website.to be frank i alone can't pull this off,so if you aint busy holla me.will keep the guy on standby till i know you're interested, also you got more tricks up your sleeve.pls holla me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=542355222&ref=profile that's my facebook link am always updated with my facebook stuff.pls holla me ASAP
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by bug24(m): 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2009
devine8:

If you are not spamming, phishing or hosting fake banks
I can give you  10 Gig on a new server with

1 domain name .com, .net, .biz, .info, .org, .ws
you own nameserver
cpane/whm with fantastico
Email, mysql ,  everything else limited only by the web space
100 SMS (European SMSC) for your marketing

2500.00 NGN/month  payable at a local bank in Nigeria.

email me devine at signonafrica dot com

cry cry cry

No one shuld ask me questions plz.

cry cry cry
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by Thanuja: 3:00am On May 19, 2011
There are so many web hosting providers that it is even difficult to determine the best ones out of the lot. However, in getting the best web hosting deals, it all depends on your source of information. Some people regard the best of the web hosting companies to be those that have a low cost while others think it is those who have the largest space. If you want to know the best web hosting company, it is that company that meets your needs and your budget. Let us therefore take a look at some of things to consider in choosing the best of the web hosting companies that matches your needs as well as falls within your budget. In order to choose the best & cheap hosting service make use of this site http://www.xnynz.com/xyz/web-hosting-legacy/ . im using hosting here since 6 months . It satisfy my expectation & they are very much good in service . you too make use of this site & get the cheap hosting services & gain solution as i got ,
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by nihinlade(m): 12:47am On Apr 27, 2012
Checkout www.mynaijahost.com Just give us a trial.
Re: Where Can We Get A Good Webhost In Nigeria? by isleman(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Hosting With Speedyconnect? / I buy any Nigerian Verified Non Hosted Adsense Account / Make Money Online As A Travel Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.