Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,190 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident (9543 Views)

Security Officers Pose With The Dead Lion Killed In Jos (Pictured) / 16 Family Members Die In Kano Road Accident / UPDATED: Church, Classrooms Set On Fire In Potiskum, Yobe State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by greall1: 11:16am On Sep 01, 2012
Northers high way is one of the best in nigeria.
From abuja(suba) to kaduna to nasarawa to kano to jigawa to (asari) bauchi to yobe to maiduguri(boko haram zone).
Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by dasarge(m): 11:30am On Sep 01, 2012
Please stop talking about government or PDP whenever there's a road accident! Blame the stupid drivers we have on Nigerian roads; drivers who know nothing about speed limits, know nothing about rules of roundabouts and completely reckless! Stupid drivers are to blame so dont call pdp into this!
Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by azpeculiar: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2012
ebamma: Things that kill nigerians(in percentage)
motor accidents:20percent

air crash : 10percent

witchcraft :5percent

cult clash : 3percent

nigerian girls : 30percent

bokoharam :40percent

police : 50percent

killer number : 5percent

killer amala :10percent

killer fruits :15percent

waec :25 percent

PDP :80percent

How do you hope to present this statistics on a pie chart?
Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by abbeycial: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]rip to d victims nd ma Allah console dia luvd ones
Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by NaMe4: 11:57am On Sep 01, 2012
AdoreKIZITO: May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace.
Kano Kano Kano!!!!!, how many times did i call you... You have become the center of sorrow.

Calm down! Na Yobe.
Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by kaypaw: 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2012
I know the road in question. Its not bad. The problem is the illiterate and silly drivers who have no regard for human lives
Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by dasparrow: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2012
@Post

Human life seems to mean nothing in Nigeria because at the rate Nigerians are dying senseless, avoidable and untimely deaths just makes no sense. I remember back in the day when I used to have to travel to boarding school by road, a 6.5 hours journey, the drivers did not speed. This is because the passengers will start screaming "oga driver sofri sofri dey drive oh!". People did not just sit there and allow a reckless commercial bus driver drive them to their death. This is what happens when you have people cut corners and obtain their driver's license without taking a driving test and then get on the road and drive with reckless abandonment. Now 29 lives are gone just like that. Sad.
Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by kutchs: 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2012
Carmall: Road accident is now competing with boko haram...cos thanks to God and jtf boko haram has not been able to kill up to that in recent time.
Government should stand up to their responsibilities, make sure the roads are good, make some laws to checkmate reckless driving...the first responsibility of a government is to safaguard the life of it citizen.
Have u ever been on the Bauchi-Gombe rd? See what drivers do on that road and u will stop blaming the govt always for accidents.
Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by AMvanquish: 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
AdoreKIZITO: May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace.
Kano Kano Kano!!!!!, how many times did i call you... You have become the center of sorrow.

Did you actually read the post!! It happened in yobe state not kano..
Your thinking has already deviated elsewhere.
Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by juman(m): 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2012
The crash was the latest tragedy to befall travellers on Nigeria's perilous roads, plagued with accidents due to a combination of reckless driving, overloading and poor maintenance.

The blame goes to the government.

No proper monitoring of the road users was the main cause of accident, there are always overloading and reckless driving because the road are good and the cities are far apart and there is little check and balance on the roads.

I remember speeding of over 140km/hr are always commonplace in the north. One day I travelled from Wukari to Jalingo, the driver speed was over 190km/hr.
Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by werepeLeri: 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2012
juman:

The blame goes to the government.

No proper monitoring of the road users was the main cause of accident, there are always overloading and reckless driving because the road are good and the cities are far apart and there is little check and balance on the roads.

I remember speeding of over 140km/hr are always commonplace in the north. One day I travelled from Wukari to Jalingo, the driver speed was over 190km/hr.

how else should government monitor the road users? By appointing people to sit on the expressway while you moan and cry that cost of governance is too high?
Re: 29 Killed In Potiskum-Kano Road Accident by manosteel(m): 7:36am On Sep 02, 2012
I blame GEJ, he knows something about this accident.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Have You Survived This Year? / Snake Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet snakes / Interesting Fact And Mystery About Number 27

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.