Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Big Secret About Torrents (how To Download Torrent Files With IDM) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Big Secret About Torrents (how To Download Torrent Files With IDM) (6766 Views)

How To Send Document Files Like PDF On Whatsapp / Download Your Torrents/massive Data Files For #300 Per 1GB! / Best Way To Download Videos On Youtube Without Softwares, Torrents, Plug-ins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Big Secret About Torrents (how To Download Torrent Files With IDM) by AndreOgara(m): 7:20am On Sep 01, 2012
Chances are that you don't know what torrents are in the first place. It's a term we rarely use when talking about the internet and the horde of goodies it has to offer. A lot of people do come across the word 'torrents' and keep asking what it means, what it does, how it works and many more. Well I'll try to answer these questions and more through the course of this article. It wouldn't be fair to bother anyone with the technicalities behind torrents and what makes them tick, which is why I'll try to make these explanations as exoteric as possible.
Torrents are basically used for downloads of files from the internet. Files that are available range from e-books, movies, software, music, to games and ...well you guessed it, just about anything!
A torrent file is usually small in size, averaging 100kb surprisingly because it doesn't contain the actual file for which it is designed for. It only contains information about the location of the file across a network of millions of computer users/hosts called BitTorrent. A single file can be hosted by thousands of users and this enables one to download very large files of over 25GB because the file is broken into small chunks and then downloaded from the different and almost unlimited number of hosts simultaneously. Once all the chunks have been downloaded by a user, it is automatically assembled into a usable form. This means that you can get almost any file of any type or size, limited only by availability. All you need is a torrent client, which is basically a download manager for torrent sites, and the best torrent sites of the lot out there.
However, debates are always raging about the flow of unlicensed, illegal and uncensored materials to the general public through torrent sites. It is important at this point to note that not everything shared over P2P or BitTorrent networks is piracy. In fact, much of the content delivery on the web is done with private torrents which allow companies to share large files between their different distribution nodes evenly...trying hard not to sound geeky here...
Ok, so there's a new movie, video game, software or a new music album you'd like to download? Then, visiting a torrent site is your best bet for finding what you're looking for.
The downside to this whole thing is, our network providers have bandwidths so weak that it makes downloading through torrent sites a nightmare! Imagine downloading a 10GB file at the rate of 10kbps...so slow it makes zombies look like they're sprinting. Some may say, 'Well, I'll download the files that I need with internet download manager or Download accelerator!'. Technically, you can't because you only use download managers for HTTP/Direct downloads. This simply means that you can only download files that have been uploaded to an online server or domain with download managers. As I explained earlier, files on BitTorrent networks are actually hosted on people's private computers at home or at work. All they have to do is connect to the internet and then, files on their computers are made available to anybody, anywhere in the world, free of charge.
In order to combat the slow speed of torrent downloads, I'm going to share two tips: one that isn't new and one that is BIG!
Seeders and Leechers
Simply put, before considering any torrent file for download, ensure that there are more seeders than leechers for that particular torrent file. Seeders are people who already finished downloading the file you are about downloading and are uploading it to people who are currently downloading it. Leechers are people who haven't finished downloading that file and are still downloading from the seeders. That's as much as you need to know about seeders and leechers at this point. Again, it's always advisable to check out the comment sections of any file you intend downloading. It gives you an idea of how genuine the file is because you will get to read comments from people who have already finished downloading that file. Once you're sure that the file is legit, you can then proceed to downloading.
And here comes the Big Secret Next....

Online BitTorrent Clients
The problem people have with torrents in general is the fact that it takes days and even months on some occasions to download files of average sizes. This is even made tougher by the fact that you cannot access files on the bittorrent network with direct download accelerators like Internet Download Manager. You can only access torrent files with a bittorrent client. There are hundreds of torrent clients to choose from, each with its pros and cons but ultimately, they're all really slow for downloads. Now what if you can upload a torrent file to an online server, and then use Internet Download Manager to download it, since it is now located on a server and hence can be downloaded directly? Internet Download Manager is capable of speeding up your downloads by over 500%! True! and I thought percentages can only get as high as 100%... The trick I'm about to share with you, enables you download torrent files with a download manager. This way, files that would normally take a month to complete using a torrent client like Utorrent, Bitcomet etc, might take you just a couple of days, using this method. I assume you already have Internet download manager installed and preferably, Firefox should be your browser choice for this.
Here we go:
Step 1: I'll recommend kickass Torrents as your main source for torrent file search but you are always at liberty to figure out thousands of other torrent sites through Google search. KickassTorrents is rich with the most recent releases from multimedia to software. There's always a comment section available for each file where you get to read general comments about the file you want to download from people who have already downloaded it. After identifying the file you would like to download, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: If you've been reading this post attentively, you'd know better to ensure that there are just about more seeders that there are leechers for the file you want to download. Clicking on the file for more description gives you access to the comment section too. Now you can download the torrent file. The torrent file shouldn't take more than ten seconds to download because it as I mentioned before, it only contains the actual location of the file on the BitTorrent network. You will be given a prompt on whether to save or open the file and in this case, save the file and take note of the location where you saved it. It probably and usually is the download folder of your computer. After the next step, you'd kiss these torrent clients bye...
Step 3: Now there are just about a handful of online torrent clients on the web and while I haven't been able to check them all out, I'm going to recommend you visit http://www.zbigz.com and register with them. It's an online torrent client with fantastic services that get even better when you upgrade to a premium account. When that is done, click on the button labelled 'upload .torrent file', locate the torrent file you downloaded to your computer from step 2 and select it. Click on the Go! button and select 'FREE' from the next page that comes up. This is where you wait and give the website time to upload your file to their server with the help of the torrent file you have supplied them. Once the file upload is complete depending on the size of the file, you should see a zip button. Click on it and voila! Internet Download Manager takes over the download and works its magic.
Don't forget to share this page and hit me up in the comment section with your questions and thoughts. Hope you enjoyed it! Remember to leave a comment.
SOURCE:
http://www.andreogara.com/2012/08/big-secret-about-torrents-exclusive.html

Re: Big Secret About Torrents (how To Download Torrent Files With IDM) by AndreOgara(m): 7:31am On Sep 01, 2012
With this trick, downloading becomes so much more easier and fun! Size isn't a problem anymore.

(1) (Reply)

Which Forum Software Is Nairaland Using? / Google Adsense Banned My Website, Any Way Out Please? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.